[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Carlovski wrote:
I've had to retire my RF totemer as I needed funds for my second character (Which is kind of fun but not that good for the investment - non crit flat fire/immolate stacking quill rain tornado shot deadeye).

I did hit regen on my boots on my second lab run shortly beforehand though, you will be annoyed to hear!

And totally unrelated to RF, had a rather lucky run of corruptions on my new guy...

fuck you Carl :p
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Now the ball starts rolling, got my next interesting special snowflake build ready, just need more currency to buy the core items :x

RF + SR totems is still used on a daily basis for guardians, shaper, elder etc. Still a big stable in my char selection ;)

So I got this build for Bossing, RF Inpulsas MF for mapping and generating currency and the next one will be more of a meme and fun build.

The plan is to use 2x Doryanis Catalyst on a Ascendant Elementalist/Slayer using Three Dragons and 2x the taming.

Why? I wanna use Infernal Blow which explodes enemys and shocks em, those should procc Inpulsa explosions which freeze enemys for Herald of Ice Explosions + innervate(and other supports) which procc Inpulsa Explosions and so on. Thats at least the plan, would test that in standard before buying everything ;)

For singletarget i plan for Molten Strike. Got a skilltree, basegear and flasks planned. Abyss jewels round it up.

Maybe i end up with another setup, but first i try it out in the case that it shouldnt work at all :x

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
I've had to retire my RF totemer as I needed funds for my second character (Which is kind of fun but not that good for the investment - non crit flat fire/immolate stacking quill rain tornado shot deadeye).

I did hit regen on my boots on my second lab run shortly beforehand though, you will be annoyed to hear!

And totally unrelated to RF, had a rather lucky run of corruptions on my new guy...

fuck you Carl :p

Ha Ha!
Thx for the guide !

Why not use Tukohama's Fortress?

The RF totem dmges are based on totem life, or our life?

More than 9% resist totems on a jewel is not required?

I see on ur videos u dont even use Righteous Fire Totem on Shaper? 4x Scorching Ray + 1x Searing Bond?
3x SR + 1RF + 1SR would have way more DPS, or didnt i understand anything to this game?

Thx a lot !
Last edited by Jolebarbare on Mar 29, 2018, 10:36:22 PM
"
Jolebarbare wrote:
Thx for the guide !

Why not use Tukohama's Fortress?

The RF totem dmges are based on totem life, or our life?

More than 9% resist totems on a jewel is not required?

I see on ur videos u dont even use Righteous Fire Totem on Shaper? 4x Scorching Ray + 1x Searing Bond?
3x SR + 1RF + 1SR would have way more DPS, or didnt i understand anything to this game?

Thx a lot !

1. because you cannot use mind over matter with it and would throw a good chunk of defence out of the window.

2. did you read the guide? especially "General Information, read first"?

3. no. more is not required since the base totem res is 40% + 26% on the skilltree.

4. no you didnt. My 7 link SR deals 256k dps EACH. RFT deals 121k dps (with conc effect) and doesnt stack on a 5 link (boots). SB can always be used.

4x 256k (+SB) is stronger than 3x 256k + 121k (+SB). pretty simple.

RF totems are mainly used by me as a Cleartool. SR targeting even with 4 totems is horrible and the damage in the first second is lower than RF´s

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 30, 2018, 12:47:49 AM
I have been doing this build. LVL 91 and I just beat the shaper. It was hard, but I did it! thanks a lot for taking the time to post this guide! It has been a lot of fun.
"
phantom16 wrote:
I have been doing this build. LVL 91 and I just beat the shaper. It was hard, but I did it! thanks a lot for taking the time to post this guide! It has been a lot of fun.

shaper and other endgame bosses are much easier with practice (literally on any build). I still remember my first butt-clenching trys and nowadays it feels like killing hillok ;p

Just wanted to thank the creator of this build as I finally downed the shaper after playing casually since beta.

Feels goodman, now I can finally be free of this game (Well, not really).

THANKS!

Edit:

Next up, T14+ Elder and Uber Atziri!
Last edited by Quasar27 on Mar 31, 2018, 10:26:27 PM
As a new player I really appreciate this guide.It's very comprehensive,lots of examples and explanations for everything,perfect for a noob like me.basically holding my hand through end-game.And from my initial read this looks like it will be fun.this guide/build made me want to give PoE another shot.im hopping in game right now.Thanks a lot !
what are ppl's thought on 40% increased scorching ray dmg instead of RF on the helmet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info