[3.0] [STARTER] [MINER] FROSTBolt KING - ATZ/uLAB /Guardians/Vaal Temple # CI/LIFE-MOM #

"
Andse wrote:

How about your defense? Can you show image with stats ?
Iam squishy but i have crap eq.
Last edited by heyu on Sep 3, 2017, 12:06:15 PM
Decided to try your build in this league. Never played mines or traps before and having a lot of fun. Initially had some problems with mana management at hard hitting bosses because of MoM, but solved them with going Covenant Blood Magic.

Currently using this gear:

Bisco is for maps farming (including T15 double beyond, etc.) and the rare amulet for hard bosses.

Already killed all four guardians and Shaper. Now thinking about getting better boots and shield as well as 6-linking the Covenant. Also want to get all uncapped resistances to the same level for ultimate Wise Oak experience (at this moment I have 90% fire and lightning, and 95% cold).
Last edited by evmt on Sep 3, 2017, 4:23:18 PM
"
heyu wrote:
"
Andse wrote:

How about your defense? Can you show image with stats ?
Iam squishy but i have crap eq.

I will post when I get home from work later.

I am squishy though, but the playstyle is very safe because of the frostbolts flying very far.

On Shaper, it really comes down to being famillar with the mechanics.
Guardians also about mechanics - only hard one is Chimera because of the teleporting strikes he do (I do chimera in a magic map and the rest in rare).
Atziri is also about mechanics, but with my current damage levels she is practically one shot.
Uber Atziri is currently not doable for me - double Vaal Oversoul wreck me.

Power charges is generated with Blast Cascade passive tree node.
It takes some practice maintaining on bosses if you use totem for detonation.

Here images def/dps:

Spoiler

Just got the idea from "evmt" to use blood magic and its works great. Its first char since 2013 soo i dunno mechanic. Every map i do for the first time.
Running t10-t12 maps for now. Using only 20% Frostbolt gem. I got problems with some bosses because you neeed time to place a mine. Searching for gem to laying mine speed.
My skill tree in profile.
Last edited by heyu on Sep 5, 2017, 2:14:24 PM
"
evmt wrote:
Decided to try your build in this league. Never played mines or traps before and having a lot of fun. Initially had some problems with mana management at hard hitting bosses because of MoM, but solved them with going Covenant Blood Magic.

Currently using this gear:

Bisco is for maps farming (including T15 double beyond, etc.) and the rare amulet for hard bosses.

Already killed all four guardians and Shaper. Now thinking about getting better boots and shield as well as 6-linking the Covenant. Also want to get all uncapped resistances to the same level for ultimate Wise Oak experience (at this moment I have 90% fire and lightning, and 95% cold).

I switched my build to Covenant Blood Magic today because i felt way too squishy with just regular frostbolt miner. Im still new to the game as I only started playing the game this league. With Covenant Blood Magic I feel slightly less squishy but most bosses still kill me within 2 seconds at T11 and up. Leveling up has become stressful because it seems like I die a lot. Im currently level 88 and have been stuck here for some time. I dont know what im doing wrong. I switched all my gear to mostly compliment your gear except for some armor here and there. My resistences are over 75%. The decoy totem is a nice distraction but with most bosses it doesnt even last a split second. Should I focus on putting more armor on my gear over energy shield? And what does your skill tree look like?
"
TomStar22 wrote:
what do u think about skill CI and play shavronnes isnt it better to unskill CI that u have a bit amount of Life?

and the 1440armour on incandescend Heart brings big benefit for this build?

i got a decend amount of chaos and i am not sure what 6linked i should buy..

CI is probably not the best way to build this. if you want to go ES based go low life shav's. if you go CI it would be very expensive.
Last edited by pattycak3 on Sep 6, 2017, 3:36:34 AM
Got myself a 6-link and upgraded some gems. Finished the Hall of Grandmasters map and managed to kill uber Atziri on the first attempt even though not deathless, only have to kill Chayula for the full completetion of the endgame content in this league.

"
heyu wrote:

Running t10-t12 maps for now. Using only 20% Frostbolt gem. I got problems with some bosses because you neeed time to place a mine. Searching for gem to laying mine speed.

You should probably get 20% quality remote mine gem for +10% mine laying speed, there are some quite cheap ones on poe.trade.

"
Fay5s wrote:

I switched my build to Covenant Blood Magic today because i felt way too squishy with just regular frostbolt miner. Im still new to the game as I only started playing the game this league. With Covenant Blood Magic I feel slightly less squishy but most bosses still kill me within 2 seconds at T11 and up. Leveling up has become stressful because it seems like I die a lot. Im currently level 88 and have been stuck here for some time. I dont know what im doing wrong. I switched all my gear to mostly compliment your gear except for some armor here and there. My resistences are over 75%. The decoy totem is a nice distraction but with most bosses it doesnt even last a split second. Should I focus on putting more armor on my gear over energy shield? And what does your skill tree look like?

For the most time the most important survivability stat you can get after capping elemental resistances is simply higher life. I have low armor, but it's only a problem on very few bosses that deal high sustained physical damage like Vaal Temple trio. I'd say more if your characters tab wasn't set to private. Decoy totem's health increases with its level and quality and it's very useful when used to soak some strong-hitting telegraphed mechanic, while you go all out on the boss.

My passive tree is here:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAMeBAcEswVCBx4I1Aj0DkgPxBEtES8RlhHCHNwdFB8YH0EgbiNfJpUqCysKLJwtHzIYMtE2PTcXOlg7fEGWQixFR0V8RZ1HBklPSVFMs1AwUXRR-1MxU1JVS1XGXfJh4mJPYqxjQ2SdaPJqQ2wIbIxwUXBSc212b3yDfrB_xoPbhTKJ04oGjDaOZI7pjxqPRo_6lSCVLpctl5ea4Juanaqd2aBDoHmiAKKjppmnCK6zswO0OLTFtUi2-rd1uMq5BryqvOrAZsHFwfPJBs0W0B_Q9dhU217b5-UZ62Pr7uv17hXv6_Af8NXw-fGK8h3y4faf96b79Q==?accountName=evmt&characterName=Miningbolt
Last edited by evmt on Sep 6, 2017, 6:04:09 AM
Hi i have a small question, i try to do a frost miner so far it's quite good but i wanted to know if there is a cap for the crit chances? If after a max it is better to have an another stat.
For the moment i am at 51% crit on the mines and i don't have very good weapons so i can do better.

i give you a link of my character if you have any suggestions i know my armor is crap i'm saving money for one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/laneis/characters
What do you think about Bitterdream for this build?
For pvp max single target version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info