***SHAPER FIGHT is too EASY***

Seems kind of disappointing that the games hardest fight can be face tanked and killed in 1 second per stage. Yes I know, Es/Leech is getting a nerf. Well super, but life builds aren't and they seem to do the same job. :S

Well here is my suggestion to fix that. Now The SHAPER has a cool name since he IS in the center of the map atlas and he is Zana's father, woah (Star wars rip off) :P.. jokes aside, he isn't really doing alot of shaping, is he?

Well I suggest the following:

STAGE 1

Leave it as it is, no need for any changes since it does lean you into the fight.

STAGE 2

You are still here, the Shaper might think, look this guy is perhaps a threat after all. I might start taking things seriously.

So I suggest the Shaper starts doing some actual shaping here. He could change the map properties every 10-15 seconds to 5 random map affixes that will affect everything on the battlefield. From lowering the players resistances, giving him/her Elemental Equilibrium, raising boss damage, increasing monster attack/move speed (his minions), projectiles move faster, players are affected by temporal chains and random stuff liek that. Now just Imagine how hard it would be for the player to check for map changes mid fight (since you have to be in the map to see the changes, you cannot portal back to your h/o and check them there.

**the between boss area should have mods as a corrupted map, loads of random affixes.

STAGE 3

Well the guy is still here... crap. I guess I have to go full apeshit or he might kill me.... First things first, as his hp goes below 25% he heals for 50% of his max hp leaving him at 75% and he goes berserk. Every 10 seconds he says some cool crap as "I shape my own destiny!" and changes the map property as a highly corrupted unidentified map, so the player cannot see them making the fight very chaotic. Also maybe making the battlefield change shape / shake on each strong heavy hit and maybe even temporary change colors.

********REFLECT *** that is kinda retarded so I would add that, but the player would have to stay put for 10 sec till the map properties change again for him to not die to his own attacks. Longer fight = harder fight. Same would perhaps apply to no regen, no leech.

Now no matter how op your build is here, you would have to strategize at leas a bit to kill the Shaper, who lived up to his name.

Thoughts?
Last bumped on Jun 3, 2017, 6:09:36 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
With your reflect idea, you would make players go chaos damage only versus Shaper, and 10 seconds of no leech when the world around you gets shitty, will kill you 100 times of 100.

Shaper, or any boss should have instead various mechanics to be resilient to leech sponges for a while, but not outright immune. Not to mention that sustain is a problem when everything goes to gutter every few seconds.

A timer that would make the Shaper fight more intense for let's say 1 minute per each 25% lost HP of the Shaper might be a good idea, as he conjures additional enemies for you to fight - think of Guardians that are half difficult as him, and at the last 1% you would have to fight all 5 for a short while...

Or you know some adjustments regarding damage levels scaling and Shaper pool will do.

If the broken damage levels reached by obscene double dipping and any broken mechanics/item/skills/interactions get toned down, you could bet that the fight will get a lot more difficult.
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
The only thing that makes the shaper anything's you'd consider easy is instant leech. Instant leech and obscene damage let you facetank him, and obscene damage is basically a requirement of the fight because of the ever shrinking arena and the adds with T15 boss levels of hp trying to kill your primary means of survival during the bullet hell phase.

Shaper does not need to get harder, instant leech needs to die for real, not just for ES.
Agree to taht sir. I believe people will just jump to life builds all together. Even with the armour buff Aegis builds might come back big time creating an even bigger gap between life and ES wich means that either ES was shat on too hard or I missed something.
How will Aegis help against shaper? Isn't his beam of death damage over time?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Please never balance.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Could you please youtube link your SSF-HC shaper kill?
Shaper should reverse your controls as a temporary effect.
Need more brains, exile?
I think.... Shaper should start snoring cocaine. And you would see a white line where his nose should be on the model.

And in the 3rd phase. He looks like Pablo Escobar. With the mustache, and shit. So you know things got real.
Double dipping is getting nerfed too. If you are talking about non-double-dip Shaper killing at '1 sec per stage' speed - provide a video link.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 28, 2017, 5:50:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info