Partying play

Started playing PoE about 5 days ago. Leveled mostly by myself because partying up with people seems more of a hindrance than help.

You go back to town to vendor items or whatever and by the time you want to go back into the fight you find yourself locked out of an area another party member just entered because they're now apparently on the next stage of a quest that for some reason isn't updated for the whole party. Being desynced like this is really annoying.

Am I missing something here or am I really just better off playing solo so I don't run into these annoyances?

Last bumped on May 28, 2017, 9:15:36 AM
party play is a bit bipolar right now, you're not wrong.

Either you're in a really relaxed group of friends who aren't hellbent on progressing quickly, you communicate closely, just kind of relaxing and having fun.

Or, you're in a group designed for rapid progression. Everyone knows exactly what to do next, and you're going to get left behind if you don't

Basically there's no such thing as casual public groups. Party play is alive among friends but not other random people you find online.

If you want to party, you might go looking for a guild that's focused on that sort of thing. They're out there.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on May 28, 2017, 6:15:06 AM
I see. I suppose I'll keep playing solo then.

Thanks for the info!
Just tell the party not to do parts of the quest then.
One good way to find people to play with you in your style is to find a guild.
There are many public guilds that welcome new players and help them with the game.

Would imagine that partying with other guild members people tend to stick together more and are more flexible.

If I join a leveling party I expect it to advance rapidly and those that cannot keep up gets left behind.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Just tell the party not to do parts of the quest then.

if you party with friends thats fine, if its a public party good luck with that lol
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info