Player interaction and trading

Trading is fine, the only change we need is an AFK icon on poe.trade.
Chris isn't going to mention botting, unless he's talking about how they deal with botters. He's not going to come out and say they make design choices to thwart it. You have to read between the lines for that. See... if he did, people would roast him for "letting the terrorists win" by giving in. Got to come up with a reason that people will see as philosophically positive rather than giving in to a negative. But it's pretty clear why we don't have auto-trading.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Chris isn't going to mention botting, unless he's talking about how they deal with botters. He's not going to come out and say they make design choices to thwart it. You have to read between the lines for that. See... if he did, people would roast him for "letting the terrorists win" by giving in. Got to come up with a reason that people will see as philosophically positive rather than giving in to a negative. But it's pretty clear why we don't have auto-trading.

makes sense. I can understand that perspective.

I do think their official justification probably is their main reasoning, though.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on May 28, 2017, 3:57:18 PM
Player interaction and trading = shet , :)
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming
"
Heli0nix wrote:

It was already an issue back in days. The sample was just smaller and it was maybe harder for GGG to confirm or not trading was slowly jumping from a good design to a big mistake.

Game was already botted and full of scammers too. But it was less heavy than now sure :) Also let's say it was a common behavior to join the dark side. Now there is a larger public, except this system has been keep updated for the smaller and older public the game was targeting before, without thinking one second it would change one day.
I did be interested to collect datas on how much time it take to new player to discover poe.trade and the 50000 third party tools that come with. In my experience all players i tried to bring to PoE never discovered those by themselves. Because they don't give a shit about reddit or forum that's not a common behavior to get these informations with others games, why would they with PoE ?
At some point maybe GGG could at least consider putting some direct links ingame pointing to useful tools list / gamepedia and so on ( but legaly i guess they would put themselves as responsible of problems with third party tools and that's not what they want correct me if i'm wrong ).

You can try to put some regulation over a system like that, it will always fail hard. GGG can't hire 500 employees dedicated to this job and even if they were doing it, the biggest scams that happen tend to just push out of the game forever player that got scammed. Waste of time, money and effort. Maybe there are some others way to do it i'm not saying it's a bad idea just that i see it as hardly possible :)

Well, back then PoE was a small game, few people did some shady stuff and nobody cared. Now PoE is completely different game with huge amount of players. I think the main problem is that masses of ppl do all kinds of shady bussiness and they dont even try to hide it. Sometimes they even stream it or just laught at you if you mention that what they are doing is wrong and sometimes insult you as a bonus. Because they know they are untouchable. I remember the old days when I could trust other players and expected a good will. Nowadays, I need to double check before selling anything:X
Spoke too soon... Just had some moron that I sold something to go into one of my T12 map portals and just start clearing/running around in the map... I had already cleared it though and he was just sitting in there, wtf? Looks like I'll be insta leaving group/kicking after trading people from here on in.
Last edited by Enzymaticc on May 28, 2017, 8:29:24 PM
Fuck trading.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Need to update your sig, I_NO
some people have siblings for parents
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Trading is fine, the only change we need is an AFK icon on poe.trade.

That would be awesome but I doubt it would update fast enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info