Rural America is in a bad shape.

"
Bars wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
My grandfather came to USA with $90 in his pocket and is millionaire today. Dont tell me you cant succeed here. It's the best place in the world for it. Takes effort like he worked 2 minimum wage FOB 80+ hrs a week.
Things have changed quite a lot since your grandfather's time. Everything I know about the current economic climate in the USA seems to indicate it has become much, much harder to build yourself up from the ground in the past 30 years.

A simple cost of education and student debts graph would be more than enough to illustrate the point.
> grows welfare state for two generations
> complains that it's more difficult to build yourself up from the ground than it used to be

Okay, so then you want to trim back the welfare state, right?

Also, what morbo said.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Im not going to college poor opportunity cost. I started driving heavy equipment at 13 in summers. By end of HS I ran 14 guys (mostly immigrants ofc) I run articulating booms, back hoe, dump truck, crane, etc so at 21 I'm pretty useful if you need something built.

Bottom line make yourself useful. Money will come.
At 21 people don't know shit. Youthful enthusiasm just makes them think they are smarter than an
yone else. Your brain isn't even fully developed. But don't worry, you will improve with age. :)

Way to generalize. at 21 most ppl dont know shit. If you baby them. 13 year old are perfectly capable of being adults let alone 21. Hell I meet 45 year olds that are babys

show up late, drugs, drinking, blame world for problems, etc

Because western society baby everyone with social safely net - again that why immigrants kick ass - not corrupted yet

BTW I tell them they are babies too. One guy threatened to kill me when i called to fire him for like his 8th late day. I'm like bring it on. Pussy didnt show. I work with rough ppls in general but even they are soft

Bottom line what you're not understanding is that 21 yr olds only seem like kids when you treat them as such.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 27, 2017, 5:23:43 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Because western society baby everyone with social safely net - again that why immigrants kick ass - not corrupted yet

7,7% of native Germans are on welfare. 18% of immigrants are on welfare. Bigly difference imo.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

7,7% of native Germans are on welfare. 18% of immigrants are on welfare. Bigly difference imo.

I dont know much about Germany. I live in USA and without a doubt immigrants are hardest working, timely, least complaining workers a company can ask for. Everyone hires them for that reason from McDonalds to Microsoft.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I dont know much about Germany. I live in USA and without a doubt immigrants are hardest working, timely, least complaining workers a company can ask for. Everyone hires them for that reason from McDonalds to Microsoft.

Here's an interesting chart about that

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Thats because dims give free shit even if you work. All this means is they are paid less than other groups.
Git R Dun!
Unis are way too over hyped and craft schools way too undervalued. Also one cant underestimate peer pressure and social standards in shaping the education system imbalance, that is currently plaguing much of the western world.
Last edited by Sig556 on May 28, 2017, 8:28:53 PM
"
Sig556 wrote:
Unis are way too over hyped and craft schools way too undervalued. Also one cant underestimate peer pressure and social standards in shaping the education system imbalance, that is currently plaguing much of the western world.

Well it is hard work. I mean if you can get a job being a fat ass building inspector for county for 80K year just driving around not doing shit but picking your nose - you'd take that over climbing a roof and filling up someones Freon in AC would you not?

All these college ppls have aspirations of not doing shit like that but most will leave disappointed and chained to debt for life. Unless you want to be a doctor, dentist, engineer or other useful person college is waste IMO. Government can only hire so many deadbeat do nothings before system collapse.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 30, 2017, 8:57:39 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
My grandfather came to USA with $90 in his pocket and is millionaire today. Dont tell me you cant succeed here. It's the best place in the world for it. Takes effort like he worked 2 minimum wage FOB 80+ hrs a week.
Things have changed quite a lot since your grandfather's time. Everything I know about the current economic climate in the USA seems to indicate it has become much, much harder to build yourself up from the ground in the past 30 years.

A simple cost of education and student debts graph would be more than enough to illustrate the point.
> grows welfare state for two generations
> complains that it's more difficult to build yourself up from the ground than it used to be

Also, what morbo said.

I'm not stepping in the bottomless pit called Arguing With Scrotie About Economics (or anything at all, for that matter) :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
grows welfare state for two generations

Also, what morbo said.

I'm not stepping in the bottomless pit called Arguing With Scrotie About Economics (or anything at all, for that matter) :)

I would argue that your welfare system is terrible and you have irresponsible tax payers and politicians.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info