MYTH: You need trading to play this game!

"
Vasilas wrote:
The fact remains that SSF dictates what you will play and most people don't find this fun.

Dont turn this argument around. You said it is "impossible". I said it is easy enough for 95% of all builds to do, as long as you have sufficient game knowledge.

I dont give a fuck what "most people" find fun. This isnt a debate to elect the president of game-modes.

Is starting in SSF and making a specific build, needing specific uniques viable? Yes.

Is it smart? No.

SSF like hardcore is just an aditional time-sink on the game, it extends the longevity for those that play it or is just more fun to them. I dont really understand why people particulary care what others play to this extent.
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Vasilas wrote:
The fact remains that SSF dictates what you will play and most people don't find this fun.

Dont turn this argument around. You said it is "impossible". I said it is easy enough for 95% of all builds to do, as long as you have sufficient game knowledge.

I dont give a fuck what "most people" find fun. This isnt a debate to elect the president of game-modes.

Is starting in SSF and making a specific build, needing specific uniques viable? Yes.

Is it smart? No.

SSF like hardcore is just an aditional time-sink on the game, it extends the longevity for those that play it or is just more fun to them. I dont really understand why people particulary care what others play to this extent.

I'd say that 95% of all builds is way overestimated, or that you underestimate the build diversity some items can create, but the point of this thread was to prove trading is a luxury "MYTH: You Need TRADING To Play This Game", which is just absurd.

And yes it is impossible to play Mjolnir build without a Mjolnir. My argument still stands.
"
Vasilas wrote:
I'd say that 95% of all builds is way overestimated, or that you underestimate the build diversity some items can create, but the point of this thread was to prove trading is a luxury "MYTH: You Need TRADING To Play This Game", which is just absurd.

And yes it is impossible to play Mjolnir build without a Mjolnir. My argument still stands.

I think the point of the thread was to prove that you dont need trading to play the game. And you clearly dont, because yes, people reach high levels and get endgame gear in SSF.

95% of all builds is not a overestimation, because only 5% of all builds need a t1 unique to work. Everything else can be relyably worked on by adding the white base of the unique you need to your loot filter and working towards your build enabler that way. (or divination cards)

It will take time, is tedious and not the smartest idea in the world. And while that certainly is possible in SSF, it just isnt the best game-mode to do so. Just like hardcore isnt the best place for glasscannon builds.

That said, you seem to be under the impression that "playing the game" is tantamount to "picking a build and playing it". I personally enjoy the aspect of drops dictating my next build and you may not, but in the end we are both playing the game.

In my opinion, criticising someone based on him playing a game-mode you dont enjoy for various reasons, soley based on that is completely senseless. It is not like him playing differently than you takes away from your achievements or fun.
I will play ONLY SSF. My standard character will be deleted and shit i hoarded will be given freely :)

Pay attention for Free Shit Party in Stndrd :) After 3.0
I see you like to nitpick, I can do that too:
"
Cataca wrote:

It will take time, is tedious and not the smartest idea in the world. And while that certainly is possible in SSF, it just isnt the best game-mode to do so. Just like hardcore isnt the best place for glasscannon builds.

What I originally said
"
Vasilas wrote:

3. Unlimited play time is not a luxury everyone can afford.

But you chose to only nitpick my
"
Vasilas wrote:

2. You could play SSF for 5 years and not find a key build enabler unique. Oh the funs.
without the rest.

"
Cataca wrote:
That said, you seem to be under the impression that "playing the game" is tantamount to "picking a build and playing it". I personally enjoy the aspect of drops dictating my next build and you may not, but in the end we are both playing the game.

Again, this is what I originally said but you ignored
"
Vasilas wrote:
1. Trading is big part of the game, if you don't like trading that's on you.
You personally enjoy SSF, that doesn't mean everyone enjoys it, in fact numbers show you are in the minority.

"
Cataca wrote:
In my opinion, criticising someone based on him playing a game-mode you dont enjoy for various reasons, soley based on that is completely senseless. It is not like him playing differently than you takes away from your achievements or fun.

You mean the exact same thing you are doing to me?

EDIT: The OP is clearly criticizing the way I play (trading), so why you go white knight on me when it's a matter of different tastes? I don't understand. My points still stand, if you want to play SSF you have to have time and be cool with the fact that you will never be able to play with all the toys and content the game offers.
Last edited by Vasilas on May 28, 2017, 4:58:28 AM
There is no myth "you need trading to play this game". The actual situation is:

* you either trade
* or play 24/7
* or lower your expectations

If you want to chain T15/T16 all day long, you can trade or play PoE as your second + third job. You can also lower your expectations and be satisfied by chaining T10-T12, with mediocre time investment and no trade.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on May 28, 2017, 4:59:58 AM
You can plan a lot of builds for SSF,my two highest level builds were planned and not built around drops.

A Gladiator Spectral throw build surpassed my expectations that I might see about refining him for next league.
"
Vasilas wrote:
The OP is clearly criticizing the way I play (trading),

Maybe re-read the OP, because he doesnt criticise anyone, he just says that you can play the game without trading. (contrary to popular belief)

The real question is, why are you beeing so sensitive about how another person plays.
"
Vasilas wrote:
so why you go white knight on me when it's a matter of different tastes

Calling you out on your completely exagerated claim is hardly white knighting.

And yeah, different tastes for different people was kind of my point. Your point was that you never get a build enabler ever and thus cant play anything but basic builds.
"
Vasilas wrote:
My points still stand, if you want to play SSF you have to have time and be cool with the fact that you will never be able to play with all the toys and content the game offers.

All the toys? I agree. All content? Why would that be the case?

There are several perfectly viable endgame builds that are totally SSF viable and can do all content. I started SSF HC and switched to SSF half-way and still got one uber set and 3/4ths to shaper. Granted, i put in some time, but it was not anywhere near as extreme as you'd think.

And build enablers drop constantly, unless the only build enablers you are aknowledging are Shavs/Skyforth and Kaoms. (two of which are no build enablers, and one has a high drop alternative.)
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
Was it stated a single time by anyone in this game though?

Trading gives tremendous advantages. Try to argue against that.

It actually has disadvantages too.

It takes time to trade and can be frustrating for some(not me,get this from the forum)

loot drops are more junk and disappointing.

less satisfying to complete a build.

Get less imaginitive.

Doesn't mean that I can't easily cap my resists, get build enabling unique, get all the upgrades I ever want or just exchange currencie I don't use for desirable orbs.
So with almost unlimited playtime ended you up with 4 semi decent chars and 36/40? Wouldnt you want 40/40 with that time invested(I know I would)?

Is that viable or a myth, well I guess that depends on what you want out of the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info