Messed up FPS after Windows 10 creators update

Hello there,

yesterday I did upgrade my PC to Windows 10 build 1703 (Creators update). Today after starting PoE I noticed significant fps drops or rather "reversed" fps behavior.

When PoE is in foreground (windowed fullscreen) my fps are jumping between 30 - 40. As soon as I open up any other program and PoE gets in the background, the fps jump up to constant 200 - 240, which is or rather was the normal fps state.

I tried activating Vsync and that gets me stable 60 fps, but want to have my 200 frames back.

Did anyone experience the same behavior / bug?

System details:

Windows 10 build 1703
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 (4x 3.7GHz)
Geforce GTX 1070 (game ready driver 382.33 from 05/22/2017)
16 Gb G.Skill DDR3 @ 800MHz
500Gb SSD
Last edited by sacklbicka on May 26, 2017, 3:23:34 AM
Last bumped on May 26, 2017, 5:27:03 AM
I have no problems with poe after the windows 10 creators update.
Hi,

Maybe the Game Mode is making something weird with your PC.
Just go to Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Use Game Mode and switch it Off.

Good luck!
Windows Game DVR was turned back on after the update. Deactivating it did not resolve the issue.

Displaying PoE in fullscreen instead of windowed fullscreen is a workaround. I do recieve again 200+ fps but it is not compatible with poe trade macro.
First attempt to run the trade macro resulted in a massive graphical error and PoE crashing.
Second attempt led to a BSOD.

Also realized that there are a lots of people with exactly the same problem, discussing on reddit, nVidia forums, microsoft forums, steam forums, etc.
"
JvruceR wrote:
Hi,

Maybe the Game Mode is making something weird with your PC.
Just go to Settings > Gaming > Game Mode > Use Game Mode and switch it Off.

Good luck!

You're my hero buddy!!!!

I did disable Game DVR in the X-box section but I didn't know that there is a second gaming mode in Settings! I never use Settings because of that castrated menu and options. When I do have to adjust something I open the System control center.

Anyways, disabling game mode did the magic. Even 300+ fps instead of 30. Thanks again!

Oh and yeah, bravo Microsoft! Thanks for developing a fuc**** "game mode" to totally mess up your gaming experience! Chapeau... :D
Last edited by sacklbicka on May 26, 2017, 5:34:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info