Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

"
Warranx wrote:
Btw I checked out your profile. Pierce I kind of get, but what's with GMP for your lightning golem? Wouldn't slower projectiles be better if you're forced to use a green?

Good catch :) I'm actually still in the farming phase of the build as you can probably tell from my weird corrupted (and therefore cheap) 6L. I'm mostly just doing low tier maps to get the currency for Might/Shav/etc, so the monsters have low enough HP to die fast, even to the weak projectiles. GMP also has enough coverage to hit more than one pack. And my thinking is if I have to go green, might as well go all-out green :P
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 22, 2017, 12:44:36 AM
Can u make mid lvl tree for 30/60/80 points ?
"
ILYILY wrote:

HC or SC?
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
ILYILY wrote:

HC or SC?

Sc please, im 47 at the moment. And i stuck with 7 passives points.

Already got one:
Eminence and Harmony
Using dual Clayshaper, tabula and rand stuff for sox - almost all 20% gems.
Last edited by SushiYoda on Aug 22, 2017, 5:50:20 PM
"
ILYILY wrote:
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
ILYILY wrote:

HC or SC?

Sc please, im 47 at the moment. And i stuck with 7 passives points.

Already got one:
Eminence and Harmony
Using dual Clayshaper, tabula and rand stuff for sox - almost all 20% gems.

Here ya go!

(as is always the case with passive trees, feel free to adjust to your tastes as far as how many EHP/DEX/STR nodes you want or need)

Edit: Added to guide (including HC trees)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 22, 2017, 9:41:15 PM
Hi i have few questions.
Which ascendancy point you think is the best to spend after the LOTP ?
And scion in 3.0 also can have 1 more golem. Why you didn't pick scion with Ele + Guadrian/Champion for more dmg for your allies ( minion ).
Is aminate guardian good for this build ?
Also. Is the new Efficiency new support gem better than INC ? Since it gives both duration and spell dmg.
And can you make a clear version of this build using golems' projectiles, is the projectile a spell or an attack ?
"
phuimba wrote:
Hi i have few questions.

Sure thing!

"
Which ascendancy point you think is the best to spend after the LOTP ?

After LOTP, grab the resists from Paragon of Calamity. Then spend your next 3 points grabbing the 4% cast speed nodes. It's a small bonus, but every little bit helps. More cast speed = less time standing still = more survivability. The last point doesn't matter.

"
And scion in 3.0 also can have 1 more golem. Why you didn't pick scion with Ele + Guadrian/Champion for more dmg for your allies ( minion ).

Elemental immunity for your elemental golems is a major bonus that allows you to focus more on your own survivability and spend more passive points on other stuff.

"
Is aminate guardian good for this build ?

I kinda doubt it. AG are at risk of dying against megabosses. Giving AG support gems is also an inefficient use of one of the most important and limited resource you have in the game: gem slots.

"
Also. Is the new Efficiency new support gem better than INC ? Since it gives both duration and spell dmg.

No. The amount of Spell Damage/Duration bonus you get from Efficacy (20%/16%) pales in comparison to Increased Duration (74%). The only place it would be slightly better is in maps, since Increased Duration is a bossing gem.

"
And can you make a clear version of this build using golems' projectiles, is the projectile a spell or an attack ?

Please see this video. In the description there's a POB link with my current leveling gear in HHC.

I don't really recommend building for the projectile attack, since the orb is the better attack. Inserting green gems means you are splitting damage away from the orb to boost the projectile. This is fine for early mapping/farming though (as in the linked video).

HHC Update:

80: Got enough to buy Might and convert to Anima.
85: Grinded up currency to get Might
89: Did Phoenix (the easiest Guardian for golem builds)

Gems are around level 18-19 at the moment. Gear is currently still kinda poop. Tree/etc looks like this for now:
https://pastebin.com/PU0ETDcd
(download Path of Building to view)

Gonna play conservatively and get the rest of my gear together before attempting other stuff, since this is my first time going after Shaper/Uber on HC.

Edit
91: So much for playing conservative. Got cocky and bit the dust in Putrid Cloister... back to the drawing board ><

In case anybody's curious, I ripped while loading. Got to the boss room, ran a circle around just to get a feel. Felt rippy, so I portaled out. Wanted to get another look, so I went back in, circled, and it definitely felt like I needed to level up my gems more. Portaled out again. Had the urge just to look one more time, portaled back in, saw a ton of mobs surrounding my portal. I thought it was definitely too much, so I decided to go back into my portal, which ended the grace period and I got swarmed waiting for my HO to load. Shoulda used the menu to exit instead :(
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Sep 4, 2017, 5:37:58 AM
Hello,

Could you check out my golemancer and help it improve? So far I have cleared nearly everything till T15 which is pretty doable (inc life, dmg, curses etc), uber lab aint a proble either. Tryed a few guardians, couldn't do them deathless, it's for the first time at all that I made it that far, minotaur pretty much two shots the golems.

Thnaks in advice,
PhuckerG
How about Necromantic Aegis and Malachai's Loop or Victario's Charity?

Edit: also how about droping minion passives for more jewwels?
Last edited by Shariael on Sep 3, 2017, 11:48:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info