Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

"
Spacecom wrote:
This build will be able to farm Shaper at 3.0 100%, without briking ane shaper set?I read somewhere that an ascendancy that make golems immune to elemental damage is no longer or something.

Hmm, well, the last time I logged into the beta, ele golems still had ele immunity. I very much doubt GGG would make a fairly significant change like that without giving more warning.

Even if they do, you should still be fine on Shaper if you take some time to learn the fight and stack enough Harmony (Convocation occasionally; drop Wrath to resummon when needed). If by "100%" you're referring to the "kill while dead" tactic, well, you actually don't need immunity to pull that off if you stack enough HP/regen. So you should be fine.

It's really not necessary to resort to "kill while dead" though. Like I said, once you know the fight, it's basically 100% win even on HC (barring a series of freak accidents).

Where did you read that btw?
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 2, 2017, 5:10:32 AM
Hey man

I just want to say thank you for all the time and effort you put into the guide I am looking forward trying it for v3

XD
"
DTBA wrote:
Hey man

I just want to say thank you for all the time and effort you put into the guide I am looking forward trying it for v3

XD

Nah, thank you :) Good luck to both of us in 3.0!

Here's one last 2.6 highlight before Oriath falls:

:D
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Awww damn ! sadly at the end of the 2.6 XD

Do you mind posting some of your favorite flask for your build in the guide ?

NVM found it XD sorry
Last edited by DTBA on Aug 1, 2017, 1:06:30 PM
Flasks are probably the most un-optimized aspect of this build to be honest. I don't have any unique flasks incorporated into it. Feel free to experiment :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
The Ascendant's Elementalist now grants Elemental Conflux for 6 seconds when you kill a Rare or Unique Enemy (up from 4 seconds), Damage Penetrates 6% of Enemy Elemental Resistances (up from 5%), +1 to the number of Golems you can have active, and 50% reduced reflected Elemental damage taken. It no longer grants 30% increased Damage of each Damage Type for which you have a matching Golem, or 4% reduced Elemental damage taken.

It seems GG was not hard on the nerf hammer but no more +30% damage
Last edited by DTBA on Aug 2, 2017, 3:09:14 AM
Nah, not a nerf.

Note that golems don't benefit from Ascendancy nodes outside of Liege of the Primordial. As a general rule of thumb for summoners, if a node doesn't say "minion" it only affects you, not the golem. Game wording can be frustratingly vague sometimes.

The build actually got a slight buff offensively (Added Lightning Damage getting increased values). The ES nerf still hurts a bit though :P

Basically not much changed for us in 3.0, but I'll try and do a rundown of the changes that affect this build next week, including peripheral stuff like changes to bosses.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 2, 2017, 3:36:40 AM
But why ES build when it gets nerfed in 3,0 ?? should i still go with es building this ?
"
Hyberpsycrow wrote:
But why ES build when it gets nerfed in 3,0 ?? should i still go with es building this ?

ES
- is still okay
- not godly anymore

Hybrid
- will give you the most EHP
- very risky for HC due to occasional chaos spikes

Hybrid with Shav's
- will give you almost as much EHP as Hybrid
- safer for HC

Life/MoM
- will give you almost as much EHP as Hybrid
- inefficient pathing means you will get less jewel slots overall
- MoM means you won't be able to reserve all mana (Wrath gives this build a lot of damage)
- MoM also means you might be able to create the Primordial Might stacking Necromancer with Beacon of Corruption (untested; nobody's done it yet afaik)

So for SC, you can choose any option. They're all viable.

For HC, I recommend Hybrid Shav's. Before you have enough currency to transition to Shav's I recommend Sacrificing one aura and one golem and running with Esh's Visage (shield).
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 10, 2017, 11:34:32 AM
tomatopotato

Good luck man!

I am really hyped with this build for tonight

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info