Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

It actually dosent matter no more... sold it for 32ex :P

So now i got some cash i suppose…

Would u recommend any shaper chest?

Or ANY corrupted chest than will make a huge differance?

thank you for your fast answer!
I have a few questions, since i'm using FG currently and not LG (I really want to give them a try):
- Do the build require EE (and thus, Avatar of fire) ? I can probably ignore avatar of fire, but i'd have to pay attention to LG wrath... (and since i'm playing with fire build in party, avatar is not so nice :/)

- In POB, dps numbers are really low compared to FG (even if I saw your videos showing that LG are as fast as FG).
Is there something POB doesn't take into account (like duration of stacking orbs I think) ?

Thanks for the build, at least it gave me the envy to test these golems! :)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Jun 22, 2018, 9:17:41 AM
"
shomborti wrote:
It actually dosent matter no more... sold it for 32ex :P

So now i got some cash i suppose…

Would u recommend any shaper chest?

Or ANY corrupted chest than will make a huge differance?

thank you for your fast answer!

Grats on the bank :)

There's no particular chest I'd recommend just for Shaper. Just grab a decently priced 6-L Regalia and use the rest for a Presence of Chayula. In terms of just simple enjoyment, I think you'll get more bang for your buck by making sure you have good Life and ES values in all your gear slots. After that, you can aim for a +gem level chest of course, but that's more of a final min/max upgrade.

G'luck.

Edit: Sorry, misread your question. There are no Shaper chest mods I'd consider.

"
Anakhon wrote:
- Do the build require EE (and thus, Avatar of fire) ? I can probably ignore avatar of fire, but i'd have to pay attention to LG wrath... (and since i'm playing with fire build in party, avatar is not so nice :/)

Nah, you can turn off EE and Avatar of Fire if you want. Keep in mind that EE is basically like a 7th link for builds that use it (50% penetration for a single passive point is really good value). So it's definitely a big chunk of DPS. But if you take Beacon of Ruin and use a Lightning spell to curse, you get close to half of that back anyway through Elementalist shock (more if your cursing spell has Increased Shock Effect, i.e. Shock Nova). Chances are you probably won't notice any difference. Considering that you can also re-invest those 2 passives toward your next jewel, you're not losing much overall. You'll still have plenty of damage.

Here's an example of LGs vs. Shaper on a 5-link without Anima Stone. It's also more of an HC spec (more EHP, fewer jewels), but still does okay. Your DPS without EE should be double or triple what's in the video.

"
- In POB, dps numbers are really low compared to FG (even if I saw your videos showing that LG are as fast as FG).
Is there something POB doesn't take into account (like duration of stacking orbs I think) ?

Yep. That's it. Openarl (the author of POB) has acknowledged that the program only shows DPS for one set of orbs. Depending on how many Harmonies you slot, your real orb DPS can be upwards of 7x that amount.

Another reason the numbers can seem off is if you're comparing to a FG POB pastebin that has minion Frenzy charges turned on. With Spell Echo linked to FG, Frenzy charges provide virtually no benefit to Magma Ball, unless you use 10+ Harmony. Yet another reason is mechanics. FGs do 1 type of attack at a time. LGs can shoot projectiles or produce more orbs while the other orbs are each doing their own damage.

Despite (or because of?) having more back-loaded DPS, I would say LGs manage to keep up mainly through pacing. Since the orbs stay on the ground for a while, you have more freedom to move ahead to the next pack without waiting for the current pack to die. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of things, it feels pretty good (to me anyway).

Hope that helps ♫
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 22, 2018, 12:00:09 PM
Hey I am currently using this build and IT IS AWESOME!! Really enjoying it. Currently level 62 and am just walking through the game like I own the bitch.

I do have a question regarding which golems to use. We are supposed to use 6 LG and then one Ice? I'm using one of each golem and then 3 Lightning, due to the absolutely insane amount of damage gained Per Golem Type, which boosts my damage output significantly.

Would it be more beneficial to simply run all LG? My gear is garbage btw. Just using a Tabula, some movespeed items, and then the Curse on Hit gloves that do Temp Chains.
~ Seph
"
sephrinx wrote:
Hey I am currently using this build and IT IS AWESOME!! Really enjoying it. Currently level 62 and am just walking through the game like I own the bitch.

I do have a question regarding which golems to use. We are supposed to use 6 LG and then one Ice? I'm using one of each golem and then 3 Lightning, due to the absolutely insane amount of damage gained Per Golem Type, which boosts my damage output significantly.

Would it be more beneficial to simply run all LG? My gear is garbage btw. Just using a Tabula, some movespeed items, and then the Curse on Hit gloves that do Temp Chains.

Glad you're having fun :)

I actually recommend a 5.1.1 setup, since it has the best combination of DPS and synergy (Elementalist Ascendancy buffs from and for elemental golems). 3.1.1.1.1 setup works too though. The Chaos and Stone Golem buffs are fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, but are still nice to have. DPS is pretty close to 5.1.1 also. Here's a Harmony Damage Calculator you can refer to.

The only setup I wouldn't recommend on Elementalist is mono 7.0 (unless you happen to have a ton of generic ES+Life+Minion Damage jewels lying around).
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Spoiler
"
tomatopotato wrote:
Yep. That's it. Openarl (the author of POB) has acknowledged that the program only shows DPS for one set of orbs. Depending on how many Harmonies you slot, your real orb DPS can be upwards of 7x that amount.

Another reason the numbers can seem off is if you're comparing to a FG POB pastebin that has minion Frenzy charges turned on. With Spell Echo linked to FG, Frenzy charges provide virtually no benefit to Magma Ball, unless you use 10+ Harmony. Yet another reason is mechanics. FGs do 1 type of attack at a time. LGs can shoot projectiles or produce more orbs while the other orbs are each doing their own damage.

Despite (or because of?) having more back-loaded DPS, I would say LGs manage to keep up mainly through pacing. Since the orbs stay on the ground for a while, you have more freedom to move ahead to the next pack without waiting for the current pack to die. It takes a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of things, it feels pretty good (to me anyway).

Hope that helps ♫

Thanks for the explanation :)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
So after getting into maps, I'm getting absolutely destroyed and have an awful time. https://pastebin.com/w25y8mwR here is my build and items. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my golems seem to just tickle mobs now. Very upsetting as all the way up til killing Kitava I was rolling face. Now I can't even clear white maps.

Any ideas? How do I get more damage for them? I don't understand.
~ Seph
Hmm, i need to get used to LG I think (i can manage t15 easily with them)... but now i'm struggling with incursions actually, can't seem to be able to clean them in t12+...

Any tips ?

I'm using 5+1+1, with GMP/Pierce, but I'm thinking about switching to chain (for the storm orb), but don't know what to put instead of pierce or if I keep it.

edit: well, no actually, pierce is not worth with chain, since it's prevent it to trigger unless the projectile pierce 3 target...

edit2: lightning golems are really impressive actually when it comes to boss kill: 1min 49sec (+/- a few seconds) for a red elder which gave me a little gift:

Little summary of what I feel about lightning golems after a few hours playing with them:
- clearspeed is nice, different from FG (which I prefer tbh)
- boss kill is just amazing
- incursion are... complicated (didn't finished one so far above t12, even lower are failed half of the time)
- playstyle is very different (storm orbs)
Last edited by Anakhon on Jun 23, 2018, 5:51:39 PM
"
sephrinx wrote:
So after getting into maps, I'm getting absolutely destroyed and have an awful time. https://pastebin.com/w25y8mwR here is my build and items. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but my golems seem to just tickle mobs now. Very upsetting as all the way up til killing Kitava I was rolling face. Now I can't even clear white maps.

Any ideas? How do I get more damage for them? I don't understand.

Okay, I took a look at your pastebin. Here are some tips:
1) Take Avatar of Fire. LGs put out a mini-Wrath Aura that can mess up your EE setup. Or else you can just remove EE and use a Lightning spell to curse.

2) Level up your gems. By the time you hit maps, your gems should be near 70. Everything else should fall into place once the gem levels reach an appropriate level. If you have currency and don't feel like waiting, most 20/20 gems are usually available for 20c.

3) If that's not enough, then switch Enfeeble to Elemental Weakness.

Lemme know if that doesn't fix things.

"
Anakhon wrote:
Hmm, i need to get used to LG I think (i can manage t15 easily with them)... but now i'm struggling with incursions actually, can't seem to be able to clean them in t12+...

Any tips ?

Wish I could help here, but I decided to skip this league and focus on RL. I have very little idea how the new league works :(

"
I'm using 5+1+1, with GMP/Pierce, but I'm thinking about switching to chain (for the storm orb), but don't know what to put instead of pierce or if I keep it.

edit: well, no actually, pierce is not worth with chain, since it's prevent it to trigger unless the projectile pierce 3 target...

Yes. Definitely drop Pierce if using Chain. You might even consider dropping GMP (BBBBGB with EleFocus as your 6th link).

"
Little summary of what I feel about lightning golems after a few hours playing with them:
- clearspeed is nice, different from FG (which I prefer tbh)
- boss kill is just amazing
- incursion are... complicated (didn't finished one so far above t12, even lower are failed half of the time)
- playstyle is very different (storm orbs)

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'll make a note of it if/when Incursion becomes part of the main game. I apologize for not being able to give better advice on the new league mechanics. :(

Edit: I went ahead and looked at some video footage of the new league zones.
- tight, indoor zones (bad in general for summoners)
- short timer (combined with the above is a bad combination for ramped DPS)

I'm going to guess Lightning Golems are simply bad at Incursions. :x
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 24, 2018, 12:42:07 AM
Thanks for the build. I plan to run a 8 Link Flame Golem 5 Link Cold + Stone Golem and 6 Link Lightning Golem 2+2+1+1+1 Setup.

Flame Golems for clear and Lightning Golems for boss killing. Maybe even change the setup to on the go.

As Frost Golems are basically melee i would love to apply EE and Ele Weakness via a cold spell.
But i would also love to apply my 20% shock via Beacon of Ruin. Is it worth to just accept 75% more light res for the shock with my multi golem Setup and dmg coming from many different sources?

Or should i just go with the 4 and 2 seconds, where all my dmg can Shock?
Sounds to be the best plan imho. But how to apply shock anyway with low crit and no regular shock chance?

I'm also low on Gem Slots. Just one 4 Link for this.
Last edited by axelchen01 on Jun 27, 2018, 7:32:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info