Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

Hi, i'm just converting a lvl 89 skelemancer into your lightning golemancer build on Harbinger. I had a thought as I've been gathering gear, jewels, etc... I was thinking that iron will might make a great swap for increased duration when map clearing. I'm assuming that the golems skills are considered spells by the game as there are other spell support gems like spell echo. I haven't read all the posts in the thread so apologies if this has already been asked. Please let me know if there is any reason why this would be bad for faster trash clearing. Thanks.
That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.
"
ChronoSquare wrote:
As it turns out, boots can be corrupted with a Haste aura implicit. Your trees go right by two aura nodes, and there's the vaal pact one (also near another ES/evasion node). IF all of those are taken; IF a level 4 enlighten gem is used; it is possible to run Wrath, Discipline, Arctic Armor, AND the lv 14 Haste with 5% leftover unreserved mana.

(snip)

So, then, the actual question here is:
What *IS* a Primordial Harmony jewel worth to us? How much does one more jewel improve the golems/the build? Would giving up one be worth it for stacking both Wrath and Haste, together? (Of course they can be easily accommodated more normally, however at the survivability of Arctic Armor).

Hmm... that's a good question. I was thinking it sounds a bit expensive from a passive point perspective, but plugged it into POB just out of curiosity. Seems about equal in terms of damage:

Spoiler
LVL 14 Haste (minus 1x Harmony)
37395.6 DPS for Storm Orb (POB Pastebin)
------------------------------VS------------------------------
All Harmony no Haste
37109.1 DPS for Storm Orb (POB Pastebin)

Sidenotes
I tried to make this work at a level 95 cap, since I feel bad expecting people to grind to 96+.

Other sidenotes:
- I actually dropped Arctic Armour from my final tree (POB) for MoM
- I only use Wrath against Shaper/Uber now
- My final tree already dropped the far left jewel node for the one near dex nodes since I had enough STR and wanted more DEX for a LVL 20 Culling Strike.

Okay, so if DPS is about even, I guess it comes down to:

LVL 14 Haste (minus 1x Harmony)
+ more movement speed

vs.

All Harmony without Haste
+ more passive nodes to play with (i.e bigger life pool)
+ one more gem slot to play with (movement/Convocation/Vaal Lightning Trap)

You also have the extra 2% golem regen, but while 16% vs. 18% is a notable difference, it's not as major as the above points.

So overall, it probably boils down to whether or not you want to play HC. Since this build is aimed at HC, I'd go with option 2. For SC though, I'd go with what you brought up earlier. Drop AA, run Haste+Wrath, and keep the last Harmony. That would be about a 9% increase in your DPS. It would cost you about 1000 EHP, but once all your gear is set, you'll have 8000-9000 still, which is plenty.

"
JugJugJug wrote:
Hi, i'm just converting a lvl 89 skelemancer into your lightning golemancer build on Harbinger. I had a thought as I've been gathering gear, jewels, etc... I was thinking that iron will might make a great swap for increased duration when map clearing. I'm assuming that the golems skills are considered spells by the game as there are other spell support gems like spell echo. I haven't read all the posts in the thread so apologies if this has already been asked. Please let me know if there is any reason why this would be bad for faster trash clearing. Thanks.

Yup, that's definitely not a bad idea. I just leave ID in mostly because I'm lazy :P

In the build guide though, I actually suggest swapping for Empower when mapping. A LVL 2 Empower provides almost as much boost as LVL 20 Iron Will, since this build only has ~150 STR.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
"
Completed 30 ChallengesJugJugJug wrote:

Yup, that's definitely not a bad idea. I just leave ID in mostly because I'm lazy :P

In the build guide though, I actually suggest swapping for Empower when mapping. A LVL 2 Empower provides almost as much boost as LVL 20 Iron Will, since this build only has ~150 STR.

Cool. Yeah, I saw the suggestion about the empower switch, but i had a partially leveled, 20 qual iron will in my stash already. I'll probably invest in an empower if the clear speed seems lacking. Also, I'm rocking about 260 strength atm. I made sure to get some life on all my items besides shavs and clayshapers, and on 4 of the other items part of that life was some fairly hefty str rolls.

Another question for ya: Instead of grabbing a helm with 40% light golem damage enchant, I just kept the 40% minion damage bone helm that my witch had in her previous skelemancer incarnation. Seems as good, or better (as it will also buff my flame and ice golems) as the lab enchant, unless there is some way the enchant is calculated that makes it better??? Thoughts?
"
JugJugJug wrote:
Another question for ya: Instead of grabbing a helm with 40% light golem damage enchant, I just kept the 40% minion damage bone helm that my witch had in her previous skelemancer incarnation. Seems as good, or better (as it will also buff my flame and ice golems) as the lab enchant, unless there is some way the enchant is calculated that makes it better??? Thoughts?

I think it's a good option, but not the final stop. Implicits are just icing on the cake. The most important stat for your helm is ES (and +life if you're hybrid). Bone Helms don't give you much there, unfortunately.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
I think it's a good option, but not the final stop. Implicits are just icing on the cake. The most important stat for your helm is ES (and +life if you're hybrid). Bone Helms don't give you much there, unfortunately.

Got 125 life (yes i'm going hybrid) and two resists on the bone helm which is why I went with it, plus it cost me nothing since I had crafted it earlier for the previous skelemancer build. Needed to economize a bit as Anima, P Might, and 8 harmonies wreaked havoc on my currency tab. :D Have 3.4k life 4k es with my current gear. Ran a bunch of t13 maps last night, and while mob clear speed isn't amazing, it's steady and relentless, and of course the bosses just melt... :D
"
JugJugJug wrote:
Got 125 life (yes i'm going hybrid) and two resists on the bone helm which is why I went with it, plus it cost me nothing since I had crafted it earlier for the previous skelemancer build. Needed to economize a bit as Anima, P Might, and 8 harmonies wreaked havoc on my currency tab. :D Have 3.4k life 4k es with my current gear. Ran a bunch of t13 maps last night, and while mob clear speed isn't amazing, it's steady and relentless, and of course the bosses just melt... :D

Sounds like you're doing just fine then :) I was using a Bone Helm for quite some time as well until I had enough currency to craft a Hubris. Speaking of skelemancers, I've been wanting to give that a try. Hrmmm...
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
Sounds like you're doing just fine then :) I was using a Bone Helm for quite some time as well until I had enough currency to craft a Hubris. Speaking of skelemancers, I've been wanting to give that a try. Hrmmm...

It was quite fun. It was the 7 aura skelemancer build of the week one, with a few minor modifications to suit my preferences. The 6link sword with 4 off colors is a bit difficult... Sold mine for 9ex which mostly financed the switch to golems. I still have the 6 soc victarios influence chest ft if you want to do it. find me in game if interested.
nvm, figured out myself.

thanks for well written guide and video samples :)

ps: first shaper try was successfull. :) have only hard times protecting zana from mobs.
Last edited by piza14 on Oct 27, 2017, 6:11:33 AM
"
piza14 wrote:
nvm, figured out myself.

thanks for well written guide and video samples :)

ps: first shaper try was successfull. :) have only hard times protecting zana from mobs.

Hey, sorry for the late reply >< Grats on the Shaper kill :)

Regarding protecting Zana, have you maxed out your gems and are you running enough Harmonies? Should be enough, but if not, you can also try adding Frost Wall to CWDT to push mobs away from her. Lemme know if you run into any other hiccups.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Oct 27, 2017, 7:53:59 AM
Woo! Welp, I'm finally "finishing" this build - after some beachhead rotas, got to lv 92, so it *should* be all I need, except for maybe 1 more level, since I need some clarification on things.

In order to use Victario's shield, do we have to take Necromantic Aegis? The golems kill, they generate frenzy charges for each other? That how that works? (I don't think I've been doing it right, hahaha.)

Did you talk about fighting Minotaur in your guide anywhere? I was able to do the other three guardians - Chimera I didn't know the fight so I used up all the portals learning it & dying to the smoke phase haha ouch - but dang Mino is too beefy for me / the random rocks falling from the arena are enough to knock me out. :(

Currently rockin' Steppan Eard & Vertex masks as an alternative to better-in-slot rare gear... I've no idea how to properly approach buying for these slots, since I only have so much currency (like 5 ex total to buy new gloves, helm, belt, and shoes; maybe a ring), not including I don't have a 6-link body yet. I feel like I should move on to something other than The Covenant, but aside from going straight up to Atziri's Splendor for pure ES at something like 3ex just for the ES w/o even being a 6-link... idk what to do :'D ^^;

I think I should be publicly visible; what tweaks or things should I look for to better farm guardians / take on Shaper / maybe even my own Atziri kill? I think I could do that before the league ends... right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info