Steam account banned :(

Today I wanted to get back to PoE, after a long ass pause of ..1 or 2 years i believe :) I downloaded the game on Steam, installed it and pressed " Log In with Steam" and I got a surprise "Your account has been banned by an administrator". I am just wondering what happened and why did I get banned :-?? Atleast the reason :) Never used a hack on this game, even used to stream it on twitch and I do not remember harrasing someone but who knows. Anyway keep up the good work with this gem <3 And still I would like to get unbanned lol I miss playing with my old characters :(
Last bumped on May 26, 2018, 2:20:54 AM
Hi there,

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Can you please email us at support@grindinggear.com with the details? Please include your account name and the names of any characters you remember.
I will email asap but I do not remember any of my characters .. I just remember I had a ranger and that's all. Ty for the fast reply !!!
"
Kieran_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

We'd be happy to look into this for you. Can you please email us at support@grindinggear.com with the details? Please include your account name and the names of any characters you remember.

Uhm how much does it take for this thing to be fixed ? :S I didn't get any e-mail, not even now and my account is still banned :/ . Have a good day
Vuduka456,

The staff who investigate account issues at Grinding Gear Games likely have other cases in the queue, and when they get to yours it may take some time to perform a thorough investigation.

GGG are based in New Zealand; it was about 20:37 their time when you said you would send them an e-mail, and it's currently 04:29 their time. While they do have some support staff working 24/7, I'm not sure if that includes the folks who handle ban appeals. If those members of staff aren't working 24/7, they won't have been in the office since you sent your e-mail.

I can completely understand that you're anxious and you want to find out what the situation is, but it's only been a few hours. Please do give them some time to look into it.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Oh, I didn't know that ! I'm sorry :D thanks for informing me !!! Ok i will wait then, all good :D
the ban scrip just pick people randomly?this system doesn't look that work how it suppose to, i came to play here while i am waiting for season 14 start on diablo 3 and on my only free weekend before i have to work the next 20 days ... i got ban with no reason and i am pretty sure there is no reason because i have never been ban from a game before. especially just for play the game ...
but the good news is the support people are there when you need them took me longer write the email that took them to fix it :D
Last edited by farsys on May 26, 2018, 2:23:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info