Energy Shield Flasks

We're going to see what it all feels like in beta.

I don't buy the "just go occultist" horseshit. You can't balance around telling people to pick a single ascendancy.

I plan on making a high regen es elementalist in the beta. Just to see how it feels. There might need to be something done with start of energy shield recharge rate...but we'll have to test it.

I still don't know how some builds will continue to exist. One that confuses me a little bit is how an ES Blade Vortex character can survive without VP.

We'll see I guess.
Maybe it would not be much and definately not OP, but what do You think about
flask that starts ES regeneration instantly ?
With some good mods, and some unique versions, this could lead to some
interesting solutions
"
tomekpa wrote:
interesting solutions
You got vaal discipline for this, and considering recharge potential will be just OP. Just get it ES players, you have recharge, life builds have life flasks, eot.
"
Painkiler1 wrote:
"
tomekpa wrote:
interesting solutions
You got vaal discipline for this, and considering recharge potential will be just OP. Just get it ES players, you have recharge, life builds have life flasks, eot.

But life builds still have regen lol.. what?

Bottom line is that life is gaining hybrid, retains regen, retains instapots, retains instant leech.
ES is losing 1/3 of it's buffer and leech.

This is clearly attempt to shift the entire meta back to life outside of niche kiting builds like traps and stuff.

Nobody could look objectively at the current changes and say "balance". This was a nerf that was intended to switch the meta from ES to life so people will play more...it's really that simple.

patch 3.02f will revert a lot of these changes when GGG wants to shift the meta back.

Choice is an illusion, exile.
Last edited by Prizy on May 25, 2017, 3:27:41 PM
"
"
Painkiler1 wrote:
"
tomekpa wrote:
interesting solutions

But life builds still have regen lol.. what?

Bottom line is that life is gaining hybrid, retains regen, retains instapots, retains instant leech.

This is clearly attempt to shift the entire meta back to life outside of niche kiting builds like traps and stuff.

Nobody could look objectively at the current changes and say "balance". This was a nerf that was intended to switch the meta from ES to life so people will play more...it's really that simple.

patch 3.02f will revert a lot of these changes when GGG wants to shift the meta back.

Choice is an illusion, exile.
ES can have regen too, where is ur point? You can go hybrid gear of course, you can pick ES and life nodes from tree - feel free to do. You will end with 5k life and 5k ES.
I don't know which thread title made me laugh more, this one or https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1901098

"

Yes, ES was broken.
It might be too harsh, we will see, but nerfing ES is the whole point of the manoeuvre.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"

Yes, ES was broken.
It might be too harsh, we will see, but nerfing ES is the whole point of the manoeuvre.

ES will still be able to regen, with ZO(and ZO comes from flask too!), Vaal discipline for instant recharge, you can boost recharge to 50% of max ES per second, new ring enchants will be faster start recharge, so you will be able to basically halve recharge start timer with some investment.
You still don't get it.

Instant life pots > Vaal Discipline.

Can we agree at least on this? In a boss fight out of potions? Go back to town and come back. Vaal discipline rarely can be used in fights where it matters. Will it save people during mapping? probably...but not while fighting bosses.

The one point I will concede too, is that we will have regen craftable on gear which will be nice. Definitely will be testing that out.

At the end I think average players will hit 5-6K life or 8-10K es. Hybrid will probably eclipse both of these. We'll see... at the end of it though my guess is more players will go hyrbid or full life in 3.0 since instant leech is too damn strong to give up if it is available on the tree.
"
You still don't get it.

Instant life pots > Vaal Discipline.

It depends on the situation, but in a situation were the fights lasts quite a bit, pots can be strongers imho.

Now, in most encounters ( even though GGG has been adding more and more encounters that can easily look like graphical vomit everywhere, making it more difficult to replenish ES ), it is much easier for an ES build to dodge damage for 2 or 3 seconds and replenish a whole lot of ES compared to life's regeneration which will be much slower.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info