Is GGG tackling RMT?

How does GGG tackle RMT?

I mean it demoralises me, i farm a lot of maps, sell stuff, trying to get some currency.
Meanwhile some people just buy currency with real money and dont have to farm or work for it in-game. I play a lot in Standard, i never really played a league, but i will play the next league i think. But i hope GGG does something about RMT, because whats the point doing effort in Standard making currency for items you want to buy, while some people just RMT and get the things they want?

I hope a GGG representative can answer this question, because i really am curious what GGG does to tackle RMT (Real Money Trading).

Greetings.
Last edited by GamerDudeX on May 24, 2017, 10:05:58 AM
Last bumped on May 25, 2017, 10:45:07 PM
Respectfully; I don't see the connection.

Every game has hundreds ways to play it and beat it; some "fair" and some not "fair" to other players, yet the logic that people playing and beating the game differently than me prevents me from enjoying the game doesn't up link for me. I either play the game for what it is or I don't.

If you keep taking away a group of people that play the game differently than you, eventually someone will take you away for playing the game differently than them.

You may be disappointed re: hearing details of how GGG tackles RMT, I'm afraid. GGG hate RMT and actively ban accounts caught involved with it. However, the details are secret, and with good reason - if GGG tells us how they catch RMTers, it makes it easier to evade their measures.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
HoustonNative wrote:

Every game has hundreds ways to play it and beat it; some "fair" and some not "fair" to other players, yet the logic that people playing and beating the game differently than me prevents me from enjoying the game doesn't up link for me. I either play the game for what it is or I don't.

If you keep taking away a group of people that play the game differently than you, eventually someone will take you away for playing the game differently than them.

So when you farm maps, grinding grinding grinding....and some people just RMT and boom, they have their currency, while i am grinding and selling items which takes effort to get my currency?

It's kind of odd to say yea some people play games differently, let's say i say for example, ''some hack or cheat'', some dont, like it is suppose to be like that.

I mean if i grind and sell stuff, doing effort, its a good feeling when u stack currency, but it kind of makes it feel like nothing, empty....because some people just RMT and get it without doing the effort.
"
GamerDudeX wrote:
"
HoustonNative wrote:

So when you farm maps, grinding grinding grinding....and some people just RMT and boom, they have their currency, while i am grinding and selling items which takes effort to get my currency?

It's kind of odd to say yea some people play games differently, let's say i say for example, ''some hack or cheat'', some dont, like it is suppose to be like that.

I mean if i grind and sell stuff, doing effort, its a good feeling when u stack currency, but it kind of makes it feel like nothing, empty....because some people just RMT and get it without doing the effort.
Which people? If you have evidence of these people, send it to ggg. They ban people for it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
GamerDudeX wrote:
How does GGG tackle RMT?

I mean it demoralises me, i farm a lot of maps, sell stuff, trying to get some currency.
Meanwhile some people just buy currency with real money and dont have to farm or work for it in-game. I play a lot in Standard, i never really played a league, but i will play the next league i think. But i hope GGG does something about RMT, because whats the point doing effort in Standard making currency for items you want to buy, while some people just RMT and get the things they want?

I hope a GGG representative can answer this question, because i really am curious what GGG does to tackle RMT (Real Money Trading).

Greetings.

Okay, I think RMT is bullshit and they should all be banned.

But how is this affecting you, your experience in PoE, your enjoyment in the game? Are you complaining that you are unable to compete because of inflated prices on items you wish to buy? You understand that that "currency" was first purposed for modification of items you find, not to buy things on the player-made/ player-run economy, right?

Are you complaining that people are ahead of you on some Leaderboards because of RMT? Is this affecting your e-peen?

I am genuinely confused? You have stated here is that (1) people who RMT need to be dealt with - great, we agree but (2) people who RMT are directly affecting your PoE experience in some vague, amorphous way.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
You understand that that "currency" was first purposed for modification of items you find, not to buy things on the player-made/ player-run economy, right?

I'd argue that it was originally purposed as both. In any case, there's "original intent" and "what actually happened." Refusing to give weight to the latter because it isn't in line with the former is no way to go through life.

Currency can be used in crafting, but GGG took a conscious decision to make anything other than basic socket/quality/master/map crafting prohibitively expensive and frankly wasteful for most players, with the end result being that the player market is now the dominant way to acquire items for anyone even semi-serious about the game (excepting the hardcore SSF crowd, of course). And I'd be very surprised if drop rates have not been balanced for the existence of that market.

Given that, if RMT is deflating the value of currency in the player market, it's screwing with a core mechanic (meta as it is) and is a serious problem, even if it only really affects Standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info