LavaBurst

Map Clearing - 6L Gem Update

I checked all the bosses, according to the wiki most of them are ignitable. so this brings me to the conclusion that instead of using elemental focus, using slower projectiles and getting benefit from oro's frenzy charge generation ability would give same dps and we can use frost blades to clear maps which would be totally awesome.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Slower Prectiles vs Elemental Focus

Oro's grant frenzy charges in most of fights like Shaper, Minotaur, Chimera etc.

so there are 2 paths of budget building, one frenzy charges path, where you can use frost blades for fast map clearing and better dps vs most of the bosses.(5 frenzy charges, 20% more damage, 20% attack speed)

on the other hand you can use elemental focus instead use sweep or molten strikes with aoe gem which is slower than frost blades.

slower projectiles + 5 frenzy charges have more damage than elemental focus, so keep that in mind also.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Thanks for sharing this build! I have something similar but not like this, this is awesome! :D

Noob Question:

Would it be a good idea to use the Emberwake Ruby Ring + The Taming Prismatic Ring for this build?
"
KaizerKrux wrote:
Thanks for sharing this build! I have something similar but not like this, this is awesome! :D

Noob Question:

Would it be a good idea to use the Emberwake Ruby Ring + The Taming Prismatic Ring for this build?

that's a great idea in theory but bosses are greatly resistant to ignite damage.
things gonna change in 3.0, bosses are going to be more vulnerable to ignite as they say.

going to give a try definitely.

btw guys, Shaper is down. I died once in a very stupid way. Going to rework tree after these experiences.
Hi, i'm also doing a similar build, not going crit since my rings/amulet pretty sux :(
Currently using EO, 9600+ hp with non legacy kaom, 200k DPS per molten ball without flasks against shaper, i'm also using a xoph blood since the 'cover enemies in ash' buff is op.
Also my skill tree have all generic weapon ele damage/Projectile/Fire Pen nodes coz i was thinking to swap to bow for map clearing...
tree for poor people like me:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECABzcfXUUdRRNAdzsOFivFr-PGoazjX3veiGQGJHjn7XyU1L9bjWSOuGnCHy7VvqMz4PMGYpf0D38wGZlTe4Od-MmlYZgOlK3PmZUFulFR702hMXwH_66duf2o18_r2x4Df6PNuhNkg-rFCALYbyfVkhh4vhfOFNQRyP2Sn1-3Wjy6hDDOr6nJDe74yzp2CS_CFhjhNmiAP4KhXua4Bm0GjiCm2egd-WQVZcGLYM62I25g1_BBHloKjiHdjLRxYp_KySLm7VvO6OKRZ2kwqZXR34EsxUgwBonL9N-_Ev2SHfX2L3vDphXPC3G2E3jxq7Eonj58kUir-vuqW4=

ps: i removed 1 wildfire jewel and damage seems to be better, ty for the tip!
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
Last edited by crazyjake on May 26, 2017, 8:56:43 AM
"
crazyjake wrote:
Hi, i'm also doing a similar build, not going crit since my rings/amulet pretty sux :(
Currently using EO, 9600+ hp with non legacy kaom, 200k DPS per molten ball without flasks against shaper, i'm also using a xoph blood since the 'cover enemies in ash' buff is op.
Also my skill tree have all generic weapon ele damage/Projectile/Fire Pen nodes coz i was thinking to swap to bow for map clearing...
tree for poor people like me:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECABzcfXUUdRRNAdzsOFivFr-PGoazjX3veiGQGJHjn7XyU1L9bjWSOuGnCHy7VvqMz4PMGYpf0D38wGZlTe4Od-MmlYZgOlK3PmZUFulFR702hMXwH_66duf2o18_r2x4Df6PNuhNkg-rFCALYbyfVkhh4vhfOFNQRyP2Sn1-3Wjy6hDDOr6nJDe74yzp2CS_CFhjhNmiAP4KhXua4Bm0GjiCm2egd-WQVZcGLYM62I25g1_BBHloKjiHdjLRxYp_KySLm7VvO6OKRZ2kwqZXR34EsxUgwBonL9N-_Ev2SHfX2L3vDphXPC3G2E3jxq7Eonj58kUir-vuqW4=

ps: i removed 1 wildfire jewel and damage seems to be better, ty for the tip!

very good tree and solid ideas.
I can link your tree to build guide if you want, of course mentioning your name & profile link. Did you record a Shaper kill with that spec?

I didn't go for fire pen, since i have 29% pen already and it gets 49 with wise oak. since shaper has 45 all resistances after penetration% surpasses 45, it's just a "more damage modifier"

so, as a result, fire pen is just 38% more damage for me, i prefer using slow projectiles or elemental focus over it, since i really like to have 1 green slot for fast Strand Mapping with friends.(frost blades)

However, instead of slower projectiles of course fire pen is way better. (not better than elemental focus according to my tree though)

i don't want to make the build expensive with second weapon slot for bows, but thats a solid idea, for my personal use i'll definitely consider that!

P.S

don't think i'm judging what you've said,

https://pastebin.com/kzma72qu

here in this pob code(which is your character page), i read your dps as 130k. Please tell me what tricks you use to make it 200 without flasks.

Thanks!
Last edited by Rupenus on May 26, 2017, 9:45:34 AM
If my tree could help, sure link it.
Unfortunatly still haven't done shaper, but i tested the build on an insane hydra map(extra damage + vulnerability + boss damage + other things) and did pretty well, i had like 9200 hp and still got oneshotted sometimes :P now i got more i think should be easier even fore lazy people like me.
The preoblem with Elemental Focus is that remove culling strike from oro's and at least for me is a 47% average damage vs 51%, so i prefer the ability to ignite.

Whoops! My bad, i forgot to remove savage hit from poe builder...with just the frenzy iam at 130k, if i been savage with covered in ash then i reach 200k, wich is pretty much all the times against guardians
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry

I am pretty much using the same build for bosses except for using Faster attack and RT, I have think about using EO but haven't managed to make an efficient tree and fix accuracy issue.
"
chestercho wrote:

I am pretty much using the same build for bosses except for using Faster attack and RT, I have think about using EO but haven't managed to make an efficient tree and fix accuracy issue.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Obscurantis

for having really decent damage, the path is to take crit, and if you lack gg rings & amulet, use obscurantis! (you gotta find one with molten projectiles enchantment for sure)

it's really good helmet if you lack high accuracy on rings and amulets.

i'm sure its gonna fix your accuracy issues.

About EO,

as i said in the guide,

its hard to take EO + vaal pact + Point blank at the same time for this build.
since berserker's 100% leech is like walking around while you are on legacy vinktar effect all the time you really need VP to make this build work which is in ranger area. No problem though, in ranger area there are really great penetration nodes and nice crit nodes.

update us please, if obscurantis can solve your accuracy problem, and needless to say, because elemental skills can benefit from 3 different affixes at one jewel at the same time which are;

critical multiplier for fire skills
critical multiplier for elemental skills
critical multiplier for two handed weapons,

it's really easy to get 2 mod critical multiplier / or crit chance jewels with life roll on them.

critical multiplier invested build hits WAY harder than EO variant of this build, also as i said, the pathing makes EO variant of that build really hard to establish all together.
Last edited by Rupenus on May 26, 2017, 12:36:16 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
chestercho wrote:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Obscurantis

for having really decent damage, the path is to take crit, and if you lack gg rings & amulet, use obscurantis! (you gotta find one with molten projectiles enchantment for sure)

it's really good helmet if you lack high accuracy on rings and amulets.

i'm sure its gonna fix your accuracy issues.

About EO,

as i said in the guide,

its hard to take EO + vaal pact + Point blank at the same time for this build.
since berserker's 100% leech is like walking around while you are on legacy vinktar effect all the time you really need VP to make this build work which is in ranger area. No problem though, in ranger area there are really great penetration nodes and nice crit nodes.

update us please, if obscurantis can solve your accuracy problem, and needless to say, because elemental skills can benefit from 3 different affixes at one jewel at the same time which are;

critical multiplier for fire skills
critical multiplier for elemental skills
critical multiplier for two handed weapons,

it's really easy to get 2 mod critical multiplier / or crit chance jewels with life roll on them.

critical multiplier invested build hits WAY harder than EO variant of this build, also as i said, the pathing makes EO variant of that build really hard to establish all together.

I have done some calculation and review your crit tree for Oro's, I think the damage is pretty close to my current RT build: http://poeurl.com/bkaw, unless I invest some serious crit gear on it.

I think this is almost the highest damage we can get out of oro's (I got already a max rolled oro), the way we should go crit is like you, getting a decent crit sword!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info