There's nothing that tells you what Ascendancy you have

if it is so damn important (it isnt really) then just put in some effort and remember it.
Also... the name doesn't actually matter.

The only thing that matters is the nodes you have, so why would you ever want to know which ascendancy you have? If you are looking for a guide you pick the one the guide suggested, and after that you just skill the nodes that are suggested.

And also you don't have to remember it that long. You get reminded on every login which ascendancy you have chosen. Also how many characters are you playing? This league I don't have a lot of time to play so I ended up with just two and it is not hard to remember that they are an Inquisitor and a Raider. I played Chieftain, Inquisitor, Raider and Necromancer last league.

I mean putting the name on the ascendancy skill tree would not be too bad, but it isn't really something too important.
"
tidbit wrote:
Why is it important? It's your characters class! This is an RPG.

Not an interesting answer.
But you think that way and i respect this.
"
tidbit wrote:
Hard to remember 18 things? No, not really. At least if you use it a lot.

I don't play each & every ascendancy. Nor daily. Nor 18+ hrs\day. Yet i remember all classes.
Question of a personal concernment.
And
"
tidbit wrote:
I'm a filthy casual.

is not a good excuse at all.
"
tidbit wrote:
when I do play (which isn't daily), it's usually only 1-2h. And I can take breaks that are 1-2 months (my longest being 6 months).

Irrelevant.
"
tidbit wrote:
And I also have 15 or so characters (since early 2013).

I have over 40. So?
Moreover, i remember each character's name and build.
Maybe because i've approached the process in a creative way?
Or, you know, mnemonics might help you. Like it did to me.
"
tidbit wrote:
It's annoying trying to remember what class each of the 15 (apart from my 1 scion) characters when you don't play daily, and a newb friend asks you what you chose for X type of character (I also mostly make my own builds, so I can't tell him "google howa"). I should just be able to press C and look.

Excuses.
"
tidbit wrote:
Instead of just jumping on me

You're the one who behave pretty aggressive in the whole thread.
"
tidbit wrote:
why are you all anti one-line of more info in the character screen

I never said "NO". Just inquired about the reasons.
You're overreacted and
"
tidbit wrote:
Since you're all asking me "why" let me ask you all "why not"?

is not a good "pro" argument.
"
tidbit wrote:
makes it easier for people who don't play constantly to have it drilled into their heads?

Again, that's an issue about personal preferences about "learning\educating", "remembering" and such. Not really worth GGG's time, overall.

All in all, it would be good to add this line.
You should just try to communicate in a better way.
That might help you to achieve some things easier. ;)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
I make my own builds however successful or unsuccessful they may be. A good amount of thought should be put into choosing which ascendany to take. It's okay to make your own builds, but if you don't even put in the least bit of effort into planning out your build, I really don't know what to say. You should at least vaguely remember the key features you liked about each ascendancy.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
"
tidbit wrote:
Instead of just jumping on me

You're the one who behave pretty aggressive in the whole thread.
All in all, it would be good to add this line.
You should just try to communicate in a better way.
That might help you to achieve some things easier. ;)

Please explain to me where I was aggressive in my 3 posts?
I simply stated "It's not in <list of UI elements it could be in>"
And when someone did mention a location it was at (guild/party, /whois. and TBH, I didn't know about the info being in there) I simply mentioned that's not an option for everyone (such as SSF, and possibly people not in a guild).

AFAIK, my only aggressive (but still mild) post was the one you quoted, but that's after a bunch of people were aggressive toward me (2 of those posts were deleted due to flat-out insults, nothing for or against the topic at hand).

I'm being serious with this post, not an attack at you. Please point it out so I know what to avoid in the future.

"
Slicer9875 wrote:
I make my own builds however successful or unsuccessful they may be. A good amount of thought should be put into choosing which ascendany to take. It's okay to make your own builds, but if you don't even put in the least bit of effort into planning out your build, I really don't know what to say. You should at least vaguely remember the key features you liked about each ascendancy.

I didn't say anything about not planning. in fact, I use poeplanner and PathOfBuilding to plan stuff before making the person.

And tbh, I do know a few of the classes, usually my main characters (currently slayer, aswell as a plenty of elementalists. And some necromancers in the past. and Ascendant). Usually I just remember a key ascendancy node or 2, like "fire an extra projectile" or "1% of totem damage leeched as life" or "n% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill", but not the name that goes with it. Because as mentioned, the stats are more important than the name, but if you don't know the name and someone (usually new people I bring to PoE from other places) asks, it'd be nice for that information to be available.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I agree, and never noticed this. I'll sneak it into a conversation with the powers that be.

Awesome :D Thanks!
rawr. fear me.
Last edited by tidbit on May 25, 2017, 11:46:43 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You're welcome. It's easily fixed and would improve the game without harming anyone. In my eyes, that's the best kind of suggestion to make.

As pointless as the suggestion is, I agree there, it would probably be trivial to add and you be a nice addition, there is space for information, and it adds a little something ( for people being "proud" of their ascendancy or such for example ).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You're welcome. It's easily fixed and would improve the game without harming anyone. In my eyes, that's the best kind of suggestion to make.

Yet most users here seem to be against this improvement. Kind of weird don't you think?
sure, there should be a better way of seeing your ascendancy all the time.

i would even go so far and have a different character image dependent on the labyrinths one already has mastered.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Yet most users here seem to be against this improvement. Kind of weird don't you think?

Weird round the PoE forums? Not at all. Generally, the forumers feel they are winning at life when another forumer is suffering, upset, unhappy, etc. Unfortunately, many have mild to extreme personality disorders.

Seems a simple thing to add with zero downside.
"
vio wrote:
sure, there should be a better way of seeing your ascendancy all the time.

i would even go so far and have a different character image dependent on the labyrinths one already has mastered.

That would be pretty cool to be honest.

"

Weird round the PoE forums? Not at all. Generally, the forumers feel they are winning at life when another forumer is suffering, upset, unhappy, etc. Unfortunately, many have mild to extreme personality disorders.

Thank you for yet another paranoiac and silly comment that does nothing but pollute the forum.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 26, 2017, 11:03:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info