Trap builds.

Looking over the changes to double dipping it seems all of the trap builds out there rely on this for a ton of the damage they do.

I have always wanted to do a trap build, but just never had the time. Soon I was planning to start. However, it seems like they won't transition well over into 3.0.0 as a good league starter. Are trap builds going to be a lot weaker, or are they just being brought down to par with everyone else?
Last bumped on May 24, 2017, 5:13:10 AM
A lot of the double dipping aspects were already removed, people used to insta kill uber atziri with 4 coated shrapnels and bladefall traps, however the interaction changed and now traps are a lot weaker ( too lazy to look for the patch notes, maybe one of the big forum guys remembers). The aoe nerfs also hit them pretty hard, they had meh clearspeed before and now it is even worse, saboteur really needs a buff. You could go for mines, Pohx played a very potent Arc mine char for example.
It is all a matter of perspective.

I have a Ball Lightning - Sire of Shards - cluster trapper who is a lot of fun. I don't have/didn't follow a guide but you can look at Drop_A_Pool under my profile for the skills/equipment/tree.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
A little bit weaker, not a lot, the aoe nerf already did that. The biggest issue with traps is cooldown drags your clearing speed quite low comparing to current strong builds, mine and totem have similar issue with arming speed and placement speed, but non of them need an extra gem link to fix
The cooldown is a little bit of downside but you can rotate 2 different traps just fine without much problem.
On the other hand you can bypass the cold snap´s cooldown by using traps.

Besides poison you can play pretty much whatever. I was playing (besides some poison builds)crit cold based trap build using frostnova and cold snap and I was doing pretty well even before ascendancy, buffed trap passives and/or insane powerful new items and/or 6links ...

The trap builds might be rly creative. I can imagine alternating lightning and ice trap with elemental equilibrium while using ele weakness and/or EO or crit.

Neverending combinations ...
Last edited by Rakiii on May 24, 2017, 5:18:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info