The Ascendant Class Changes

I don'T get the combinations within the same class. Slayer + Gladiator, getting the reflect reduction and some extra block with bleed?
Or grabbing Pathfinder + Deadeye and if points allow, grab a Raider as well or life based EK nova charger with extra 4 points + potential pathing save?

Could be interesting
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I see the culling strike was removed from Slayer, and the Berserker was slightly nerfed. It's almost like the Scion is intentionally being made bad lol

I like the additional 2 points but really it's still feels like there is no reason to build a Scion. I'm not sure how the changes will synergise with the changes to DOT and how particular damage scaling will work.

As of right now Scion still dead last on my list of characters to try in 3.0. Potentially never playing one again...we'll see.

On a side note, the only way I can see this current form of Scion working is if you get something Major from the inbetween stat nodes.

Like if the +40 strength node gave you additional + or % to life. the Dex notes gave you additional Dodge or evasion...idk something like that....and even then I still might not play a Scion LOL
Learn English with GGG article!

Today's word

-on a par with-

at the same level as someone or something

"
With the defining features of other Ascendancy classes available and able to be paired with each other, this should increase the power of the Ascendant to be more comparable with other classes and enable some previously never before seen combinations.

"

Help, am I reading this wrong or are u saying that say NECRO + ELEM, RAIDER + DEADEYE, SLAYER + CHAMP, .... or all 3 NECRO + ELEM + OCC. Scion cant choice more than 1 Class defining feature point right now, but in 3.0 u can pair two or more of the Same Class defining points, then we would really see new combos. Or I'm just too tried to read ur engurish right...

"

If that were so, then, Scion would be competitive.

Looking through all the wheel combinations, 4 picks would give her nice power, but no broken synergies that I can see. This is probably because the skills don't synergize and there's nothing defining in any of the sets given.

Let's say you pick Elementalist + Necro + Assassin + Trickster. Pretty high powered.

*exactly*
I see so much about what people would have liked or not change on a particular ascendance node, but I don't see much about real game changing things like are they saying we can have more then 1 ascendance node of a class. if So we can have 4 class defining ascendancy nodes after uber. Would be nice haha.
Last edited by Meah5 on May 23, 2017, 2:00:29 AM
This is nice GGG. Now I want to make a scion ☺☺☺
Actually, Just one last thing I have to say is this update really makes me feel kind of mad and a little bit like a fool.

When I saw this update I immediately said "YES!!!!!! I was so excited but now I must say it appears like it's going to be the same thing over again"

I have no doubt that 1 maybe 2 builds will be very strong with some of these changes. Much like Essence Drain there is bound to be a Meta Combination but it still seems so underwhelming. I never imagined that the class that is suppose to represent Versatility still represents all of the 1000s of ways you can suck.
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
The 'defining features' are almost entirely missing or broken, and so can't be paired.

paired "defining features" accessible to the scion? where would be the reason to play any other class?

m-(
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
still hoping for a design overhaul of the char's model and portrait.

she looks like a bomb shell from the 60's and dances like a horse in the circus. the portrait is quite fitting to give nightmares to children.

description is a bit harsh but you know what i mean.... :)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
We need new portrait for Scion. Only reason I don't play her is because that thing is ugly compared to other classes like ranger and witch one. They are sexe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Correct me if I'm wrong but still not understanding why someone would choose the Scion if each thing she does, other classes does it better.

I was interested in test her in the Duelist for that block chance (having 4 nodes from her start point, even having less chance to block spells (as the champion who has 100% block to spells, but now, she has no chance to block spells at all.

Seems the "start from other class" the only unique feature she has, and is a very, very, useless one, because save 2 or 3 points don't replace all the benefits from other classes.

Seems you are trying to give her some "flavor", and maybe in Beta many players will test with nothing to loose, but in real gaming, when things goes serious, they will go for the most profitable classes, as always.

A constructive advice, make her profitable, you need to ask yourselves: "would I want to play with this character having others that does the same, and better?". She should be able to start from multiple classes by default, or something really unique like have access to the full ascendancy of the rest of the classes, something that makes a difference if you really want to "blend" classes.
Last edited by Destello on May 23, 2017, 2:11:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info