Dark Souls and Path of Exile

I have finished my first Journey in DS 3 this weekend (without DLC), what a game...

I was thinking that lore wise, both games explore human nature capting into forms of Gods and etc. and shows that good or evil aren't so clearly and definetely not set into stone.

With the teasers of 3.0 I can see how far DS have influenced PoE now, wich is a very good thing.

Fun, I can see Innocence and Sin in a DS context the same for Gwyn and the ashen one here.

Spoiler
The fire fades in Wareclast, the era of Gods shall end a new Dark Era of the man will rise, with it's own truths and beasts
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2017, 10:50:26 AM
I can't believe we're the few who saw this, and so much more.. like wheel skeletons and caged monstrosities .. I guess PoE community don't care much about DS ??? I'm happy to see that, don't get me wrong, doe it's 100% super legit DS in 2d.. :)
I've beaten DS 1 about 17 times and D2 about 6 times then DS 3 about 7 times :D
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I've beaten DS 1 about 17 times and D2 about 6 times then DS 3 about 7 times :D

Haha, oh how I may regret this but, how do you beat D2? Uber trist or getting 2 chars past baal in hell? Or mb diablo, good old pre-lod style?

Anyway @OP: I am still missing Solair. Reference to him in PoE and I'm buying the most expensive support pack, like fuck it!
Last edited by The_Gurk on Aug 22, 2017, 9:16:18 AM
(Talking pre 3.0 in this comment, like when i started to play in Talisman)
I also kinda got the same vibe from the lore.
Piecing together the backstory of ages past with lore you find on your journey without being directly fed what's going on and traveling through this land covered by darkness/corruption.

Even though some people say PoE is a no-skill game i very much enjoy the mechanical Boss fights like i enjoyed Dark Souls.

Also how stuff is for the player to find out, like back in Demons Souls it was quite similar to PoE before 3.0 where some developer just created a game that they obviously loved to make and not taking the player by the hand but let them find out on their own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info