On the ES nerfs and beta

GGG, you've taken a good approach to the situation and I'd just like to give my compliments:

Well done, GGG!

There have been so many threads on how ES was ridiculously overpowered, it almost became culture. In such posts, people often loved to exaggerate with the ES numbers or showing extreme cases as a norm for the whole balance.

You've taken those numbers and used them for reasons to apply the (heavy) nerf. Now many players feel that you've exaggerated and there's even posts saying well, it wasn't that bad. This is really good for change management.

Additionally, tweaking the nerfs, possibly reducing them a bit, will be welcomed by most players. I think even those who wanted heavy nerfs to ES will not be too upset if the nerfs are slightly reduced. Better to hit it hard and then tweak than to reduce by bits over time, because that would have made the hysteria even worse. Now people can prepare for it and anything given will fall into a more mellow context (after the very current inevitable storm has settled a bit, of course).

On the beta, please take all the time you need.

This preparation will last through the next couple of years - a little patience now (@players) will reward us in quite some time to come.

To those who feel that GGG should put more effort in filling the gap - consider how frequent GGG has been updating this game and compare it to other ARPG's available. In my opinion GGG is miles ahead in this regard. I feel many take it a bit for granted and that shows a pattern of consistent delivery.

The beta and the big expansion are the most important thing right now.

Thanks,

And I'm sure we're all anticipating what is to come with strong enthousiasm (even the ES zealots, secretly).
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last bumped on May 22, 2017, 3:16:10 PM
"
kaepae wrote:
GGG, you've taken a good approach to the situation and I'd just like to give my compliments:

Well done, GGG!

There have been so many threads on how ES was ridiculously overpowered, it almost became culture. In such posts, people often loved to exaggerate with the ES numbers or showing extreme cases as a norm for the whole balance.

You've taken those numbers and used them for reasons to apply the (heavy) nerf. Now many players feel that you've exaggerated and there's even posts saying well, it wasn't that bad. This is really good for change management.

Additionally, tweaking the nerfs, possibly reducing them a bit, will be welcomed by most players. I think even those who wanted heavy nerfs to ES will not be too upset if the nerfs are slightly reduced. Better to hit it hard and then tweak than to reduce by bits over time, because that would have made the hysteria even worse. Now people can prepare for it and anything given will fall into a more mellow context (after the very current inevitable storm has settled a bit, of course).

On the beta, please take all the time you need.

This preparation will last through the next couple of years - a little patience now (@players) will reward us in quite some time to come.

To those who feel that GGG should put more effort in filling the gap - consider how frequent GGG has been updating this game and compare it to other ARPG's available. In my opinion GGG is miles ahead in this regard. I feel many take it a bit for granted and that shows a pattern of consistent delivery.

The beta and the big expansion are the most important thing right now.

Thanks,

And I'm sure we're all anticipating what is to come with strong enthousiasm (even the ES zealots, secretly).

The only thing consistent about what they deliver is horrible itemization of uniques, and constant over nerfing and under balancing.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
The only thing consistent about what they deliver is horrible itemization of uniques, and constant over nerfing and under balancing.

With equal amount of both there is equilibrium.

I prefer this over normalization to reach a balance in the sense it becomes boring. And I disagree with how that's the only thing. Content is rich and getting richer.
Last edited by kaepae on May 22, 2017, 2:38:13 PM
Power creep got us here. We warned them time and time again that they were headed towards a brick wall, but they kept speeding up. What happens after the crash? No one really knows. Might come out with a whole new car. Might come out with a wreck. Someone's going to get hurt though.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Power creep got us here. We warned them time and time again that they were headed towards a brick wall, but they kept speeding up. What happens after the crash? No one really knows. Might come out with a whole new car. Might come out with a wreck. Someone's going to get hurt though.

dont worry GGG has really good insurance and they wear their seat belts
I dont see any any key!
In the name of God we pray!!!
There is definitely quite some power creep that I'd love to see fixed with various new tougher challenges (for you elite people out there - and I wish there was a boss that simply remains undefeated for a while).

But does it really feel like a crash? And isn't the beta for loading up them crash test dummies ;-)

Yes the ES gear is expected to be reduced in value, but all those (stubborn :-) players and their life-based builds may find their gear to increase in value. One could look at the long term and spread their chances. It's not unheard of when it comes to investments.

"
kaepae wrote:
There is definitely quite some power creep that I'd love to see fixed with various new tougher challenges (for you elite people out there - and I wish there was a boss that simply remains undefeated for a while).

But does it really feel like a crash? And isn't the beta for loading up them crash test dummies ;-)

Yes the ES gear is expected to be reduced in value, but all those (stubborn :-) players and their life-based builds may find their gear to increase in value. One could look at the long term and spread their chances. It's not unheard of when it comes to investments.

You seem to be incredibly mistaken about the changes in pricing. It will be exact opposite, old es gear will jump in price hundreds of times(since it will have legacy mods), whereas old life gear will be worthless, due to the fact that top tier gears will now have instead of ~100, will have ~150 flat life on them.
My point of view was indeed from a league perspective. Standard is quite a price mess for me, although there too newer players will be able to go for life builds and handle content nicely and make some nice cash while at it.

Honestly, I didn't expect GGG to allow to keep legacy gear at old ES values. You're right for standard / legacy gear, I was wrong there. New ES drops in standard ... little value.

Edit: it really makes me wonder, since the ES nerf is so needed, why it was not applied retroactively.
Last edited by kaepae on May 22, 2017, 3:18:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info