ES? Life? Who cares, I just want to avoid oneshots.

The problem in my opinion is the fact that even taking away all the stuff that's telegraphed, or stuff you're supposed to dodge (shapers beam/balls, slam, atziri flameblast etc) there's SO MUCH DAMAGE in the game that can gib your character very quickly, even under the best of circumstances.

This is what I think needs to be addressed. Perhaps by the ES nerf they'll be able to lower damage some. I don't know. I certainly hope so.
Last bumped on May 22, 2017, 3:18:41 PM
I wonder what happened to the fact that there was a time when players needed to understand the mapmods and what happens if you encounter X monsters and/or with X affixes.. there also used to be a time when monster's auras would mean something.

If it was up to me, i'd make volatiles do 1,8 billion damage as a base, maybe give them a short timer.. i'd also puff monster auras to the "insanity" level.
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
I wonder what happened to the fact that there was a time when players needed to understand the mapmods and what happens if you encounter X monsters and/or with X affixes.. there also used to be a time when monster's auras would mean something.

If it was up to me, i'd make volatiles do 1,8 billion damage as a base, maybe give them a short timer.. i'd also puff monster auras to the "insanity" level.

Monster Auras need to be more visible. Volatiles don't even have auras other than the monster being orange.

Also reflect auras need to differ more. The Elemental Reflect Aura is a yellow wavy circle while the Physical Reflect Aura is a yellow less wavy circle. They should really be separate colors.

Also i keep 1 shotting myself offscreen to reflect even with instant leech Atziri's Acuity, sybil ring, less reflected damage passives and overcapped resistances. My build is Ice Shot with big focus on big hits with cold damage so i can semi-freeze bosses. Reflect is one single game mechanic that completely destroyed my build with no way around it.
Last edited by PayneK on May 22, 2017, 6:38:03 AM
"
PayneK wrote:

Also reflect auras need to differ more. The Elemental Reflect Aura is a yellow wavy circle while the Physical Reflect Aura is a yellow less wavy circle. They should really be separate colors.

I truly mean no offence, but do you have some degree of colour-blindness? The elemental reflect aura is basically rainbow with its white orange blue element icon thingies...

"
Also i keep 1 shotting myself offscreen to reflect even with sybil ring, less reflected damage passives and overcapped resistances. My build is Ice Shot with big focus on big hits with cold damage so i can semi-freeze bosses. Reflect is one single game mechanic that completely destroyed my build with no way around it.

That's quite surprising, new (nonlegacy) Sybil's ring provides huge mitigation there. You're sure you were wearing it in the correct ring slot?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
PayneK wrote:
"
PyleWarlord wrote:

Monster Auras need to be more visible. Volatiles don't even have auras other than the monster being orange.

Also i keep 1 shotting myself offscreen to reflect even with instant leech Atziri's Acuity, sybil ring, less reflected damage passives and overcapped resistances. My build is Ice Shot with big focus on big hits with cold damage so i can semi-freeze bosses. Reflect is one single game mechanic that completely destroyed my build with no way around it.

Whats cold res how much LL?
Git R Dun!
"
adghar wrote:
That's quite surprising, new (nonlegacy) Sybil's ring provides huge mitigation there. You're sure you were wearing it in the correct ring slot?

Yes i wear the new 40% less elemental reflect sybil ring in the left socket paired with 10% less reflected damage passive node. Also i have 4.4% instant leech with Atziri's Acuity gloves. And still die to reflect from time to time when the reflect mob is sitting in a pack and my ice shot creates a shotgun effect because of 3 arrows + 1 Chain.

90% of the times are instant death because of offscreening that reflect mob and 10% of times i die because i mistake the elemental reflect aura with the physical reflect aura.

Edit: Also i have 110k dps and only 5k Hp but i did take all possible life nodes from Duelist, Ranger and Shadow areas in order to achieve that and i can't sacrifice more DPS nodes because i can barely semi-freeze up to Tier 13 bosses as it is.
Last edited by PayneK on May 22, 2017, 7:07:14 AM
So basicly your problem is you dont't crit enough?
Ever consider you might be doing too much damage?
I have to agree, One shot mechanic is just a lazy Dev way to make things

The key in game such as POE is fight complexity which brings difficulty, the fun part to overcome. Atm GGG build fake difficulty by making monster hit like a truck and with random OP damage spikes, so you have to dodge all the hit because they are potentially lethal, thats no complexity
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Ever consider you might be doing too much damage?

The whole build reflects around "too much damage" as a way of using cold damage as a defense mechanism. (if i do less then 5% Boss HP in one hit it won't freeze)

Not to mention i can't do Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri and Core Maps with only 5k HP. But i can't even survive reflect mobs on red maps.
Last edited by PayneK on May 22, 2017, 7:35:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info