What would happen if...

Vaal Pact was changed to read something like,

No life regen. Up to 25% of maximum life leeched instantly from damage dealt. Remainder of damage leeched at 25% of maximum life per second.

And all other ES changes went away.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last bumped on May 23, 2017, 9:43:08 AM
Would this not still pretty much instantly top off people who attack fast though?

Since, you hit 4 times and you've got 100% instant heal?

Meaning it would marginally, if at all, change VP?

Unless you mean something else.

As a side note, something I was thinking about is if VP was:

No Life Regen. Life Leech applies instantly while on low life.

In combination with no ES leech, that could effectively remove some of the brokenness of instant leech with current player damage output, without trying to justify just outright removing the passive...
The suggestion is that you leech instantly to 25% of your maximum life. After that you get increased leech rate. The ideas is that it can save you in an emergency but won't sustain you at maximum health all the time. Also since it is based on maximum life, if you go CI it will only give you 1 es back instantly. CI ES would only benefit from increased leech rate with Ghost reaver. That's why i thought that es, the way it is now, could still work. It would still be powerful, just not broken as hell.

Wolf
-Faux Sean Connery
It would be just as broken. Some Fast attack speed builds only leech 25% of pool now but @10x a second so 250% life per second. Everyone would just go insane IAS/Cast speed. For example 100K DPS leeching @2% @ 10 IAS is 20,000 life a second vs 400K @ 2%LL @ 3 ias = 24,000 life per sec

At the end of the day still face tank all.

goals better achieved by nerf VP to 40% leech like old days. Still get that pop but not as much and its independent of IAS

" Vaal Pact no longer suppresses life recovery from flasks. It still prevents life regeneration and now also reduces your leech by 60%. "
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 22, 2017, 6:30:31 PM
Get over it already.
game needs monster types (bosses) which you cannot leech life/es/mana from. every mechanic needs a counter mechanic.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Vaal pact

1% global leech
100% increased leech rate
50% reduced life regeneration
50% reduced start of energy shield recharge

Remove instant leech and make it a normal key-stone with upsides and downsides, easy.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Vaal pact

1% global leech
100% increased leech rate
50% reduced life regeneration
50% reduced start of energy shield recharge

Remove instant leech and make it a normal key-stone with upsides and downsides, easy.

Peace,

-Boem-

Yep. Fast leech but not instant.
That's where things went south.

Heck, I'd like to see Vorici's gloves become as popular a crafting item as Vagan's daggers.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I'm still not sure I'm making myself clear. Or maybe I'm just dumb.

My suggestion is that only 1/4 of your life globe can be filled instantly. Once your globe gets to 1/4 full, the remaining leech happens at an accelerated rate.

The reasoning is that you may be able to attack fast enough to keep instantly leeching back to 25% but you can't ever instantly leech back to full life. You would still be vulnerable to quick succession of moderate to strong hits.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
Vaal Pact was changed to read something like...

If Vaal Pact was the problem, then GGG would have already nerfed its mechanics, moved it right next to CI on the passives tree, just to make it retarded for everyone else except the people actually using it, and called it a "buff" in their latest patch notes.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info