WAY WAY WAY TO EXPENSIVE

Hello all, I am pretty much a new player here and I was very interested in the microtransaction store full of cosmetics. I mean after all it's all about the aesthetics. I was however extremely disappointed to see the outrageous cost of most of the stuff in there. There was two items i was thinking of purchasing, a helm skin and a set of wings. Just that is $60!!!! Are you guys crazy??? Now you wanna throw in a mini pet and a full set of cosmetics plus maybe a skill cosmetic or two sure i could justify then.

Now I know you are making money and I just can't understand why. You have mini pets that cost more then better modeled ones i've seen for sale in other games. Look it's very simple what I am trying to say and understand too... for a free to play game why are you the most expensive one i have ever played?

k rant done
Last bumped on May 27, 2017, 9:08:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Their mtx prices are based of New Zealand economy. where as, for example, in Russia 10 USD is money in NZ it s 1 meal. If they lower their prices they won't be able to afford so much staff anymore, thus won't be able to progress their game with such efficiency. Chris should move his office to Pakistan or something, then the prices will be cheaper :)
"
鬼殺し wrote:
As an aside, I'll add that my favourite mtx in the game is one of the cheapest. The skin transfer (pack of 10 will cost you 50 GGGold) is all you need to make your characters look pretty damn fantastic after enough item acquisition.

Well, they might be cheap but can only be used once (that is, for one item). Right? Correct me if I'm wrong. So I recommend only using them for Items you intend to keep, not some levelling gear you sell an hour into the game.

That's pretty much why I didn't buy some of those yet, by the way. While I like how they work I'd rather pay 10-20 times as much for 10 skin transfers that I could use as often as I want.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Uhm, what would be the point of ten transfers that you could use as often as you want? You'd only need one then. Or am I misunderstanding your idea of 'as often as I want'?

Well, as long as it is in use it can't be used again, it's stuck to an Item. Only when it's reclaimed it can be used again while the Item is returned to normal. That was my Idea. So I'd use 5-6 per Character then, for as long as I play that Character, one per slot.

Thinking about it that would be the best MTX in the game then (at least for me), so maybe it's too good. Or it would have to be higher priced as the expensive armour sets. On the other hand it wouldn't have that special "can't find it's like in the game" Effect. I'm not sure.. am I being unrealistic here?
Last edited by Acrylique on May 21, 2017, 3:43:37 AM
To add on, if you are impulsive, yeah it's expensive. But waiting for what you want to be the daily deal is always worth it.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Go for the free stuff, then :-D

- The rewards for playing challenge leagues (hopefully armour sets are making a comeback sometimes).

- Free mystery boxes on holidays or for reaching a certain level in a race.

- Races in general (full seasons are currently suspended but we might see them again in the future when GGG are done with the release of the expansion). Requires skin transfers, though if you don't want to use the item as such apart from the art.

- Take part in fanart contests. There were a total of four last year and among the prizes were armour sets and points packages (enough to buy e.g. a premium stash tab bundle or some shiny stuff).

- Promotions with partner websites. Those are pretty rare, though and not always much advertised on here (e.g. I don't remember the Alienware giveaway last year being mentioned by GGG). The current one is with Amazon/Twitch Prime but requires you to be in one of the eligible countries (or to jump through some hoops setting up a VPN and then hoping that your credit card /method of payment gets accepted during signing up for the free trial).

For all of these, just regularly check out the Announcements for news (which is a good idea, anyway). :-)
Last edited by Alysma on May 21, 2017, 7:58:37 AM
"
Malechieh wrote:
There was two items i was thinking of purchasing, a helm skin and a set of wings. Just that is $60!!!! Are you guys crazy??? Now you wanna throw in a mini pet and a full set of cosmetics plus maybe a skill cosmetic or two sure i could justify then.

Buy the $60 Legacy supporter pack, get 550 points to spend + full armour set and cloak/weapon effect/pet. Then wait for what you want to go on sale, you should have enough points.

You can even add the wings and helm skin you want to your watchlist so that you're notified when they go on sale.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
hilarious how they try to defend this :)

does it hurt your feelings so bad someone tells the bitter truth..??

OP hit the nail right on the head, the prices of MTX are beyond ridiculous.

They make sooo much $$$ out of it they could even afford to pay an entire xbox team :D
IGN: Bluntexile
You don't seem to understand economics. If the prices were too high, demand would be low, and they wouldn't make much money.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
You don't seem to understand economics. If the prices were too high, demand would be low, and they wouldn't make much money.

It's easier to be blindly bitter because you don't have the spare cash to throw at mtx. And I'm not blazingly rich myself. But there's the old argument that if you like poe you should always at minimum throw 20 bucks at it for stash tabs and that's it. You get well over 20 dollars worth of game already for free whether you do so or not and stash tabs are the only mtxs that you can argue have a game play impact in a direct form.

Everything else is for looks only and honestly that blows any "too expensive!!!" argument out the window when the game is free followed up by obviously having enough funding to pump out a 3.0 extremely anticipated release.

For what you get at each price, sale or not, the mtxs on the store are pretty much set in stone from the get go because you are not going to find a salient argument that they are too expensive when plenty of people besides you are already purchasing them. The problem is that "you" in particular are too cheap either by choice or necessity (bills and such that keep your money away). It is a harsh truth and I'm not trying to be mean but that is the fact of the matter. GGG deserves to charge what it costs for the ultra high end mtx, they may tweak non-sale prices if they made a mistake, but it has rarely ever been by a large amount. The game itself is free, and people richer than us that we call donation whales or whatever are what keep it alive. They have already done the math if lower permanent prices would help income, it obviously wouldn't or they would.

Edit: fixed phones auto correct putting non-alcoholic instead of non-sale.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 21, 2017, 9:01:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info