[2.6] STARFORGE CLEAVE IS ALIVE! - 600,000 DPS! - Star Slayer

Changes with 3.0

Unfortunately the build did not receive any of the life buffs I was hoping for and the nerfs to poison and bleed damage took a chunk of our DPS away. We now deal 100k less damage with the new gem setup. The Brutality Support gem is not what I thought it would be. I didn't realize it removes poison damage, so that will not be the OP gem I was hoping for. Instead we now use Maim Support in place of Faster Attacks Support. This brings our Attack Rate down from 8.92 to 7.39 at the cost of more DPS. So in total now, the build went down from 700k DPS to 600k DPS, not enough to say the build isn't worth playing. With the buff to Ming's Heart our life stayed around the same due to other changes.

Latest Changes:
Spoiler

August 21st, 2017
- Archived old 2.6 guide for more room
- Added Gear Tab
- Added Level 94 Tree
- Added Bandits Tab
- Added The Pantheon Tab
- Added Gem Setup Tab

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.6 Changes

July 3rd, 2017
- Added The Retch and Steel Ring item options

June 11th, 2017
- Added Core Map Video
- Added Uber Labyrinth Video
- Added Offence Tab with Two Pictures

June 6th, 2017
- Added Stats Tab

June 3rd, 2017
- Added T16 Lair of the Hydra Video
- Added T16 Forge of the Phoenix Video
- Updated Lvl 94 and 100 Skill Trees
- Updated Helmet Enchantments
- Added Level Up Guide Tab

Level 94 Skill Tree

Gear
Spoiler
For right now check the gear tab in the old 2.6 guide tab. I will fix this later once I have more time. I no longer recommend The Retch and Steel Ring Alternatives. Make sure you use a new Ming's Heart Ring with the lowest reduced life roll.

Gem Setup
Spoiler

6L Starforge: Cleave, Multistrike, Concentrated Effect, Damage on Full Life, Melee Physical Damage, Maim
All need to be 20/20 or better for max damage. For other gem links check old 2.6 guide, this will be updated later.

Bandits
Spoiler

Kill All for +2

The Pantheon
Spoiler

Major God: Soul of Solaris
Minor God: Soul of Yugul or Soul of Gruthkul

More information will be added to the guide over time. As for now, most of the missing info can be found in the old 2.6 guide.

Old 2.6 Guide
Spoiler

Videos
Spoiler

Normal Atziri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqXTp-Kjxho

Uber Labyrinth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylDUXQD5W8E

T15 Abyss - Deathless / Double Boss / -Max Resistances
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0j83L5PmIs

T15 Shaped Quay Map - Deathless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG03BNmO2W0

T15 Colosseum - Deathless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55jexv931VU

T15 Core - Deathless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHf15t3SJIw

T16 Pit of the Chimera - Deathless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4KJllp8LII

T16 Forge of the Phoenix - Deathless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYeqXuph_Z0

T16 Lair of the Hydra - Deathless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk3RwWa8oY4

Shaper and More Coming Soon!

Pros+
Spoiler

- High damage
- Insane leech
- Tough to die
- Decent life pool
- Can clear all content
- Tanky

Cons-
Spoiler

- Relatively expensive
- Slow clear speed

My Gear
Spoiler

In this build our main weapon is Starforge because of its high physical damage.

For our body armour, we use Kaom's Heart because of its high amount of life.

If you are able to get your hands on a legacy Kaom's Heart for sure do! This build does no elemental damage so the extra fire damage does nothing for us and of course the more life, the better.

Spiked Gloves with high life and resistances is BIS because of it extra melee damage.

Any other pair of gloves will do as long as you have life and resistances on them. You will just loose out on some extra DPS.

The belt to use is a Rustic Sash with high life and resistances because of its increased physical damage. (Highly Recommended)

The best belt to use would be The Retch. It's a huge increase of damage. You may need to check the alternate ring section if you use this belt.

The boots you use also need to have high life and resistances. Any pair of boots will do. Movement speed is very useful.

Any Helmet will do with high life and resistances.

For our first ring we use a Voidheart because of the chance to cause bleed and poison on enemies. It also increases our physical damage and gives us some life.

If you are able to get a legacy Voidheart for sure do! Then you will always make enemies bleed or become poisoned when you attack them

For our second ring we use Ming's Heart for free extra chaos damage from our high amount of physical damage.

Make sure you use a newer Ming's Heart because they take away less life compared to a legacy Ming's Heart.

Alternate Ring: When using The Retch it can be a lot harder to get your resistances max, so it's beneficial if you replace Ming's Heart with a good rare Steel Ring. You should try and get life and any resistances you require. Any other mods are just bonus.

The amulet we use is a Carnage Heart because of its insane amount of leech. It also helps with attributes and increases our damage while leeching by a ton.

Make sure you are using a new Carnage Heart because legacy ones don't give us insane leech and damage.

On all rare gear its ideal to try and get armour or evasion due to Iron Reflexes.

You will also want to try and get as much dexterity and intelligence on your rare gear. If you can't, you will have to take the nodes in the skill tree.

Flasks
Spoiler

Life flask

I prefer the increased armour during flask effect mod but you can get something like removes poison if you feel its necessary.

Witchfire Brew because of its lvl 21 vulnerability affect on enemies during flask effect. This curses all targets in an area, making them take increased physical damage and damage over time.

Atziri's Promise because of the chaos damage gain off our high physical damage DPS. Also gives us some extra leech.

Basalt Flask to mitigate incoming physical damage. Make sure to get the Removes Freeze And Chill On Use mod.

Quicksilver Flask for extra speed. (Any mod will do on this flask)

If you prefer to use a different type of flask replace the speed flask

Best Flask for the build
Spoiler
The best flask to have for the build would be Sin's Rebirth, it grants Unholy Might which gives an additional 30% of physical damage as chaos damage.

My Jewels
Spoiler

The number 1 jewel to have is Overwhelming Odds because it gives Cleave more AOE around enemies and grants us fortify on hit.

Example of my rare jewels:

Most important mods would be
- Increased Maximum Life
- Increased Physical Damage
- Increased Melee Damage
- Damage Over Time
- Increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
- Increased Chaos Damage
- Any resistances you are not capped on

Gem Links
Spoiler

5 Link Starforge
Spoiler

Swap in

for Increased AOE for single target.

6 Link Starforge
Spoiler

Swap in

for Increased AOE for single target.

Gloves
Spoiler

Boots
Spoiler

Helmet
Spoiler

Use same gem levels as I do.

If you would rather have more damage instead of reduced life regeneration on enemies you can swap Frost Bomb with

Level Up Guide
Spoiler

Coming Soon!

Stats
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler

Flame Golem and Two Auras Only in Hideout.

Offence
Spoiler

Flame Golem and Two Auras Only in Hideout.

Flame Golem and Two Auras with Flasks in Hideout.

My level 94 skill tree
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/bkAb
Place the Overwhelming odds jewel next to the Golem's Blood node so you have the required strength.

You can also drop any resistance nodes I've taken if you are already capped without them; You can use them on life or more physical damage nodes.

Level 100 skill tree
Spoiler
www.poeurl.com/bkAd
Place the Overwhelming odds jewel next to the Golem's Blood node so you have the required strength.

You can also drop any resistance nodes I've taken if you are already capped without them; You can use them on life or more physical damage nodes.

Ascendancy
Spoiler

*Slayer*

Normal Lab: Bane of Legends
Cruel Lab: Headsman
Merciless Lab: Endless Hunger
Uber Lab: Brutal Fervour

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Help Oak.
Cruel: Help Oak.
Merciless: Kill all bandits.

Enchantments
Spoiler

Gloves
Spoiler

If you have Spiked Gloves do NOT enchant. That will remove the implicit mod.

If you use a different pair of gloves any enchantment will do that doesn't do elemental damage. I prefer Attack with Word of War.

Boots
Spoiler

Any of these will do:
- increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
- Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently
- increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently
- chance to Dodge Spell Damage if you've taken Spell Damage Recently

Helmet
Spoiler

Any of these will do:
- increased Cleave Attack Speed
- increased Cleave Damage
- increased Cleave Area of Effect

Attack speed gives the most damage to cleave and AOE is good for clearing maps faster.

Map Mods
Spoiler

When mapping there are a few mods you should never do such as:
- Monsters reflect X% of Physical Damage
- Cannot Leech Life from Monsters
- Cannot Leech Mana from Monsters

Annoying mods but completely viable with a slight amount of extra care:
- Players are Cursed with Elemental Weakness
- Players are Cursed with Enfeeble
- Players are Cursed with Temporal Chains
- Players are Cursed with Vulnerability
- Players have 25% less Area of Effect
- -X% maximum Player Resistances
- Players have X% less Recovery Rate of Life and Energy Shield
- Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield
- Monsters are Hexproof

Build created by @JesseJB and tested by @natherox

Last edited by natherox on Aug 21, 2017, 2:48:47 PM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2017, 11:16:17 PM
How do you calculate dps for this build?
"
JIuBeHbOrH9I wrote:
How do you calculate dps for this build?

Excellent question.

First, you will want to find your average hit, then multiply the average hit by your chance to hit. Take that value and multiply it by your attack rate and you are left with the amount of DPS you have.

For example,
11559(average hit) x 1.00(chance to hit) = 11559.0(average damage)
Then I multiply, 11559.0(average damage) x 7.33(attack rate)
That value comes out to = 84,727.5 DPS Unbuffed with Inc. AOE.

With Conc. Effect I do 17792.5(average damage) x 7.33(attack rate) = 130,419 DPS Unbuffed

(My Stats)

There are also other important more complicated factors such as flasks, poison, bleed, and your ascendancy which all add to your DPS.
Last edited by natherox on May 31, 2017, 12:10:39 AM
do we have a chance to start 3.0 with this build?
"
erasa_bleo wrote:

I personally think there will be a very good chance.

I'm expecting buffs to life for sure, which will be awesome.
The only negative is nerfs to poison which I think will only take away a little amount of damage from us. Other than that, things look good for 3.0.
"
natherox wrote:
"
erasa_bleo wrote:

I personally think there will be a very good chance.

I'm expecting buffs to life for sure, which will be awesome.
The only negative is nerfs to poison which I think will only take away a little amount of damage from us. Other than that, things look good for 3.0.

thank you. i will start 3.0 with your build. :) if you have a chance to test this build at beta, please remind us.
Question, why the cast when damage taken with your flame golem?
"
Werebunnyy wrote:

We use cast when damage taken so that it automatically cast flame golem so we don't have to. It makes things easier when in battles so you don't have to take the time to manually cast it yourself.
this build rly can clear all content sir?
and can u pls help with lvl gear mb and lvl tree 30/45/60/75?
"
natherox wrote:
"
Werebunnyy wrote:

We use cast when damage taken so that it automatically cast flame golem so we don't have to. It makes things easier when in battles so you don't have to take the time to manually cast it yourself.

Thanks for the fast reply :D

Also, can we change cleave to lacerate?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info