Does anyone have 25k ES in legacy? Post SS

I guess We can safely say that RF ES builds can be viable, and kind of builds that have 25k ES are usually not that viable in offense unless they have spent absurd amount of currency in gearing the jewels and gems all being max level with mirrored gears for decent dps.

Now we have answered the topic of OP.

/end
"
"
"

You can reach 20-25k ES with cheap gear. That's a fact. Never anywhere has been stated that it got good DPS.

Why does it matter how much ES you can get if it's not a viable build? Why would you even bring that to the discussion?

Because it's apparently the norm to compare a 25k ES build to a 9k HP build.

Scroll through page 1 on General Discussion. Read threads that include "25k ES", "9k HP", "Problem", "GGG balance", "norms", "20k+ ES", "HC".

Then come back and ask me that question again.

Now you are derailling the topic though as OP asked what kind of builds are 25k es builds, and we can safely say its not that viable to average players unless they go RF.

You just mentioned that its possible, which really didnt answer the topic.

And personally I think end justifies more means then you can do this or that but is shitty in average type of ways imo.

but hey if you like stating that you can do something that may not be that useful and is your cup of tea continue to do so.
"
"
Puraime wrote:
As for my rudeness, I am just being friendly to you and following the toxic ways you like.

And again. I wasn't being toxic at all.

"
Puraime wrote:
You are speaking more of niche builds instead of regular ES builds and also the cost of items is not that cheap at all.

Welcome to the fucking discussion. Again, nobody ever said that it's average. Rory mentioned that it was possible (recognize that word?) to reach numbers beyond 25k ES and still farm endgame content without any problems. He never mentioned the time, the gear or the build doing that.

Mirrored gear Guardian can reach a fairly high amount of ES and still deal significant damage.

You can reach 20-25k ES with cheap gear. That's a fact. Never anywhere has been stated that it got good DPS.

One would expect a certain level of reading comprehension for people sweeping these forums. Sadly, I often get disappointed.

PS:
Spoiler
As for my rudeness, I am just being friendly to you and following the toxic ways you like.

so because you can supposedly reach 20k ES as a guardian on a non-functional build in path of building, it makes more sense to nerf every single thing associated with ES and not guardian? hmm ok

by the way the actually functional 20k+ ES builds like ED and LL RF are absolute dogshit at mapping and require several 100s of exalts in gear to reach those numbers, and will probably be killed by double dipping changes anyway.

builds that actually have to balance mapping speed, damage, and survivability are going to be killed by these changes. ES has been far more enjoyable to play than life for a while simply because you aren't as constrained on the tree and because you can actually scale your build with currency, not because "omfg 20k es OP shaper vaal pact facetank"

armchair poe players like you need to stop fucking posting about balance.
"
matt29234 wrote:
"
"
Puraime wrote:

And again. I wasn't being toxic at all.

"
Puraime wrote:
You are speaking more of niche builds instead of regular ES builds and also the cost of items is not that cheap at all.

Welcome to the fucking discussion. Again, nobody ever said that it's average. Rory mentioned that it was possible (recognize that word?) to reach numbers beyond 25k ES and still farm endgame content without any problems. He never mentioned the time, the gear or the build doing that.

Mirrored gear Guardian can reach a fairly high amount of ES and still deal significant damage.

One would expect a certain level of reading comprehension for people sweeping these forums. Sadly, I often get disappointed.

PS:
Spoiler

so because you can supposedly reach 20k ES as a guardian on a non-functional build in path of building, it makes more sense to nerf every single thing associated with ES and not guardian? hmm ok

by the way the actually functional 20k+ ES builds like ED and LL RF are absolute dogshit at mapping and require several 100s of exalts in gear to reach those numbers, and will probably be killed by double dipping changes anyway.

builds that actually have to balance mapping speed, damage, and survivability are going to be killed by these changes. ES has been far more enjoyable to play than life for a while simply because you aren't as constrained on the tree and because you can actually scale your build with currency, not because "omfg 20k es OP shaper vaal pact facetank"

You hit the nail on the head couldnt have said it better myself.
Last edited by Puraime on May 20, 2017, 4:37:09 PM
Doesn't matter what you might think is "viable".Reaching 25k is a fact,a fact that exists.Guess what.Same tier and investment in life nets half HP.

Also,getting 360% es is something like 60 points on tree.With life you would need 110+ points at least.

Don't matter what you think,its fact that is why its needed this way
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
Doesn't matter what you might think is "viable".Reaching 25k is a fact,a fact that exists.Guess what.Same tier and investment in life nets half HP.

Also,getting 360% es is something like 60 points on tree.With life you would need 110+ points at least.

It does matter because OP asked how are 25k ES builds like, and reality is its unlikely viable unless you go for RF.

Similar to some of 14k Life builds out there that is also RF. I mean dont get me wrong, I do enjoy the nerf and people bitching, whining, crying and low lvl or low challenge count people telling them to play D3.

I do enjoy the popcorn moments in PoE forums, but the fact is such nerf can cause dominoe effect similar to how they nerfed all Aoe builds last patch, we see less reave builds nowadays as you can tell.

Last edited by Puraime on May 20, 2017, 4:52:13 PM
"
Puraime wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:

It does matter because OP asked how are 25k ES builds like, and reality is its unlikely viable unless you go for RF.

Similar to some of 14k Life builds out there that is also RF. I mean dont get me wrong, I do enjoy the nerf and people bitching, whining, crying and low lvl or low challenge count people telling them to play D3.

I do enjoy the popcorn moments in PoE forums, but the fact is such nerf can cause dominoe effect similar to how they nerfed all Aoe builds last patch, we see less reave builds nowadays as you can tell.

Unlikely viable,bs my ass.You literally can't die unless you run extreme mods with that kind of es.

Viability is subjective
Bye bye desync!
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:

Unlikely viable,bs my ass.You literally can't die unless you run extreme mods with that kind of es.

Viability is subjective

Alright lets hear your definition of viability, does that mean taking 30 minutes to finish a map with 10k dps type of thing, then sure I can agree that its viable for you. Not viable for me and for average players standards nowadays.
Last edited by Puraime on May 20, 2017, 5:22:37 PM
with extreamly extreamly good gear you can hit 25k ES no Problem. Shaper fights only take about 23 hours. Its viable.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
"
"
matt29234 wrote:

It's not just hypothetical, that Guardian tree was just an example. As I have stated before, it's not hard to reach 18k ES with a reasonable investment and put the rest into offense.

That's where the non-existent fair tradeoff starts to show. It's many times harder for a Life build to reach 9k HP and have actual damage output that is comparable to a 16k ES build. Scaling down said ES builds to a level of 12k seems fair, the way it's supposed to be.

You will now have to sacrifice defense for offense just as much as a Life build. You have the disadvantage of not being able to use Life flasks, but you get an EHP buffer that is far higher, which, if we are being realistic, is much more important than the fucking 2k HP you get over 4 seconds from flasks.

ES has been far more enjoyable because you don't have to sacrifice as much to compare on the same scale of power level. Having 18k ES to tank a hit that is fatal for every Life build is not how it's supposed to be. ES should not be in a state where you no longer have to care about skills that are supposed to be dodged and not facetanked.

And your pathetic little attempt to discredit me doesn't work on me.

But hey..
Spoiler
...condescending behavior is nothing new for members of your guild.

hmm i wonder why you cant give specific examples in any of your posts..

oh its because you dont actually play the game.

you can make a life build that can facetank any boss in the game, and there is nothing wrong with being able to face tank things with massive gear investment. this game is an ARPG (Action Role-Playing Game.)

life feels shitty to build and play due to the reasons i stated in my previous post. i would rather have a greater variety of builds to choose from in the endgame, since i actually play the game.

making life more appealing, maybe buffing numeric values of life nodes on the tree or base levels of life with maybe small nerfs to ES to stop the "20k ES vaal pact facetanking" everyone has been crying about would have been much nicer changes instead of completely gutting all ES builds and basically forcing everyone to play life next league.

inb4 "power creep" argument in a fucking pve arpg that you don't even play to endgame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info