Careful GGG...

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"

I think he means that it's odd advertising supporter tags on the forum when you no longer support the game.

GGG doesn't care what you've given so far. It's a tiny drop in a massive bucket. So, if you feel you're holding them at financial gunpoint, know that it's only for your own benefit.

I know, because I foolheartedly did the same. ;)

Essentially that. It's not a temporal thing. I don't think people look at all those titles and think, 'here's someone who is rightfully advocating against supporting GGG' even though some of those titles might be from past supporter pack blocks. All they're seeing is, 'whoa, this person has given GGG a lot of money over time, and now they're saying they never would again? Huh'.

A hypocrite, in lay terms, is someone who says one thing but does another, usually to the contrary.

On the other hand, you could argue that wearing all those flashy titles could be like a junkie covered in track marks telling people not to ever get involved with hard drugs. Turning badges of pride and honour into scars and remorse.

Actually, a closer analogy is probably a war veteran wearing their shiny medals outside a recruitment office, telling people thinking about signing up that they shouldn't. Talk about mixed signals!

Absolutely!
"
plodd wrote:

The moral equation does exist. It's rewarding for being lied to.

Their crazy absurd lies that the continual nerf cycle (totally ineffective for game balance)
is about anything other than financial reasons.

what lies?

in it's history, path of exile has seen massive nerfs, they're the reason the game is still alive. a game that doesn't change is a bad game if it's not called "chess". poe has so complicated mechanics that it will never be balanced, players like me started it for this fact.

and of course is the nerf cycle ineffective for game balance,.

for one, it would be totally boring if the game would be balanced as there would be more chance for players to "beat the game".
"for try for see and for know" they could just cap the overal damage output for one player + minions + totems and from monsters and watch players fleeing the game.

for the second: what alternatives are there for nerfs. buff monster life and damage? you got any idea how much work it is to adapt all the damage tables of the whole game environment to mitigate one single source of too much power?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 22, 2017, 1:49:49 AM
You are lucky I'm not in charge every skill gem would be multiplied by .05 (a 95% DPS nerf accross board) OFC you'd have to detune monster dam ~30% or so we could survive long haul fights with skilled play.

Naw instead we get way more OP every patch because they dont care about hard core gamer crowd and want mass appeal for $. A well gear toon today is playing one shot everything until the big 6 bosses. Total arcade game.

Git R Dun!
Good. I was getting sick of playing ES builds.
Second-class poe gamer
Well, my 3 witches would become housemaids on standard it seems ^^)
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I just love the tone of the OP, now that I reread it. It's like a punch from a place of love. A jab. Like, GGGeee fellers, might want to watch what you're doing, I mean, I know you're a successful game developer and all, but gosh, don't overstep your mark...

LOL.

the funny thing is: stepping outside the bonds of current arpg's (skilldrasil anyone) is what made ggg successful in the first place, changing their game is what kept players, listening to voices like in the op (or being too careful with changes) is what would eventually kill it.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Be careful GGG, there is no real alternatives to your game so if you do something your playerbase does not like...oh wait, they have no fucking place to go.
"
Teplokot wrote:
Be careful GGG, there is no real alternatives to your game so if you do something your playerbase does not like...oh wait, they have no fucking place to go.

lol thats about it

D3 is fun for a few days

Grim dawn is fun but it just doesn't do it for me (cant rightly explain why)

Path of D2 is a blast from the past and probably the best alternative but in the end its still a game ive already played to death
I dont see any any key!
Sacred 2 is still way better :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info