Careful GGG...

"
"
emulatin wrote:
I agree, if they continue to nerf every single thing ppl will get fed up and leave

And come back the next day.

People don't leave because of nerfs; They leave because game gets boring.

She get it. Whole reason for the nerfs is to keep you motivated to play. Sounds crazy I know.
Git R Dun!
"
Cmoidudu wrote:
So, it seems that big changes are incoming, that might result in a strong ES nerf. Not that I do care myself, since my strongest Legacy character is life-based, however I am pretty worried about this kind of game-changing nerfs.

I have been playing Diablo III for a couple of years, then suddenly Blizzard decided to nerf the "Meta-Team". I won't explain in details what it means, it's irrelevant here, but let's say that players who were used to run very high levels of content, suddenly had to play all day long in order to gain as much XP as they were formerly gaining in 15 minutes.

Needless to say, all the "big guns" left the game, and right now the game is rank #70 on Twitch (based on the number of viewer).

But this is Blizzard, and if Diablo III is not working anymore they just don't care, they can rely on Starcraft, Earthstone or Overwatch to keep $$ flowing. Unfortunately, GGG isn't Blizzard, and as far as I know you are running only one game... so if it goes down, you go down :(

I'm pretty sure that you have already discussed that internally, but hey, I have been around since Pong, and I have witnessed the birth and the death of so many online games... I just hope that you will not join the graveyard anytime soon (since Path of Exile is such a nice game).

The big problem is not the GGG decision about ES and more or less that a lot of PoE players now-a-days can't accept that new content come with different and new rules.
It has always been like that, ES got buffed in the past now it's nerfed that's it just deal with it and enjoy the journey.

The game has a strong theory crafting base ! Use it ! Goal is still the same:

build - beat the game - be rich - die - Reroll.

It's not even possible to compare with D3.

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on May 20, 2017, 4:31:22 PM
"big guns" left d3 because of carebear patches 1.3 and 1.4 not nerfs. Kripp even has a video about it. He came here cause it was "hard" again.

The removed healing elites, enraged elites, HP from monsters, basically everything that made it impossible for casuals/snowflakes. Some like alk stayed but even he finally got fed up.

If these changes make game harder big guns will like it more not less.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 20, 2017, 5:19:26 PM
When GGG shit on their playerbase it isn't done willy nilly, there are plenty of statistics behind it.

They balance potential loss of revenue against potential gain.

In this instance due to 3.0 having the illusion of being such a big content patch (other reasons to which I wont go into, don't want to ruin the whiteknights weekend), they are expecting a big influx of new players.

These new players have bigger problems than worrying about how the game used to be before they even started playing, like the ridiculous complexity of game that is starting to look more like some kind of intellectual ego boost than a well thought out game.

GGG are assuming, probably correctly, that the amount of players (more importantly support) that will be lost due to this new meta shift will be easily absorbed by the influx of new players.

They are so confident of this that they never bothered to even attempt to disguise the fact that the es nerfs are nothing more than a meta shift, instead spending their time writing poems instead.

Of course they are covering their bets by creating a new massive wave of legacy items, again nothing to do with any legacy policy or game health, purely financial reasons.

As I said before, one day it will bite them in the ass, but by then they will be ready to turn of the servers and retire anyway.
jesus guys this is just for beta testing. Play on beta and show them that the nerf was too much. I see no reason to such a drama months before its rdy. Wait at least for the final 3.0 patch notes.
"
IHellBoundI wrote:
jesus guys this is just for beta testing. Play on beta and show them that the nerf was too much. I see no reason to such a drama months before its rdy. Wait at least for the final 3.0 patch notes.

I think its because last time when they said this or that nerf is on beta and nothing final, things did get nerfed, we are speculating from past evidence that if they did that in past they may do it again, most people here have PTSD from nerf hammers of the past.
"
Puraime wrote:
"
IHellBoundI wrote:

I think its because last time when they said this or that nerf is on beta and nothing final, things did get nerfed, we are speculating from past evidence that if they did that in past they may do it again, most people here have PTSD from nerf hammers of the past.

So? The change is good, not bad. Stop making it out to be more than it is. Its stupid that ES is so OP.
Yup GGG dont fuck around when it comes to nerfing usually. How many ppl playing discharge for example?

Here was my juggernaut discharge build has 10% of DPS it did.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667160

Plenty of reason to worry. THen again I think they bank of ppl jumping back on that horse to beat the system again.
Git R Dun!
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:
"
IHellBoundI wrote:

So? The change is good, not bad. Stop making it out to be more than it is. Its stupid that ES is so OP.

ES and life is only OP if you play hc though, DPS is most op thing and less people play hc nowadays.... so?

And I dont really care about life or es nerf as all i care about is reaching lvl 100 one day in hc and sc when I get enough time from job, and that day I will finally retire.
They always say that. Addicts dont retire. We hooked.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info