please don't create legacy ES mods

"
kuciol wrote:
This thread is pointless. They cant not do that. Its impossible for them to change existing mods. If the nerf hits (and it will) than there will be lagacy mods, end of story.

So how come they could change all daggers? Or was it because their implicit was being changed?

Not aggroing, honestly interested.

On topic:
I wonder how they have items listed in their databases, is it plain numbers, or are they stored like:
Vaal Regalia
bla bla
+145 maximum ES (98%, tier 1)
+13 INT (22%, tier 5) (or whatever the tiers / value percentage in the tier)

If it's the tier-based instead of number-based, it would be bloody easy to NOT make legacy items, just change tier ranges, end of story. Tier 1 now would still be Tier 1 post-nerf, just lower value in general.
While i haven't tested things "live" yet, i also think that nerfing only the tree(ES nodes) would be the right thing to start this.

I also feel that the life/XX hybrid rolls are too much, you could pretty much say that the right-side life is fine, because of all the STR that comes with it...
i'm a bit afraid that with the current plans, STR based "rightsider" with MoM will be too powerful

Ranger/Shadow and a Duelist that goes into Ranger/Shadow are a bit of an issue.

But then there are other issues(Kaom's Heart), if you puff the leftside %HP too much.

Feels like non-legacy Kaom's is an balanced item, UNTIL you 6-link your 2-hander... after that it's just straight up BIS.

But then again, after you 6-link something and can use BIS items on other slots, isn't that the point of this game?

I just really hope that the beta goes life, and Rory(and others) are not afraid to tinker with numbers, even on some crazy levels.
d:-D*
I completely agree they should not make legacy es mods. I would never craft a t1 piece if I could get a much better legacy version of it. Instead they should just lower the base energy shield of items.
IGN IIIIMirrorinIIII
We must destroy energy shield at all costs!
"
lMionixl wrote:
I completely agree they should not make legacy es mods. I would never craft a t1 piece if I could get a much better legacy version of it. Instead they should just lower the base energy shield of items.

well they are lowering the base ES of items, but also lowering mods, the mods become legacy because it would be too tedious to manually change each and the Base changes effect existing items because its simply much easier to implement
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
lMionixl wrote:

well they are lowering the base ES of items, but also lowering mods, the mods become legacy because it would be too tedious to manually change each and the Base changes effect existing items because its simply much easier to implement

They could make the base es even lower and keep modifiers as they are now.
IGN IIIIMirrorinIIII
"
lMionixl wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
lMionixl wrote:

They could make the base es even lower and keep modifiers as they are now.

yes they could but that would make geting really good rolls on your ES really important, much more so than before, ES stuff would either be garbage or treasure

also remember that the game is balanced around League play not standard
I dont see any any key!
With creating legacy es gear you will also create treasure and garbage. I'm the kind of person that farms stuff from leagues for standard. So i do actually care for the balance on standard. I think the current approach for the nerf will kill crafting high end es gear on standard.
IGN IIIIMirrorinIIII
Last edited by lMionixl on May 22, 2017, 3:55:21 PM
Whenever I read threads like this I remember how awesome it is to not care about Standard at all.

#TempLeague4Lyf #HundredsOfRemoveOnlyTabs
"
Whenever I read threads like this I remember how awesome it is to not care about Standard at all.

#TempLeague4Lyf #HundredsOfRemoveOnlyTabs

lol

I hear that, I have so many remove only tabs its nauseating
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info