please don't create legacy ES mods

"
Darkkrows wrote:
May be they could do a global nerf the base item that give ES.

if you take a look here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Body_armour#Energy_Shield_Body_Armours_.28Intelligence.29

the top 3 ES armor have a huge base ES jump from 4th ES base 125 to 140, 160, 175 ES.

if the top 3 ES base is nerf to 133, 141, 150. The gap between legacy & new 3.0 mod would have been much smaller.

If you paid close attention to the ES manifesto, you would've noticed they already did nerf base ES on the post-change examples.

F.ex Occultist Vestment (Shavs) was nerfed from 140 to 130 ES base, Vaal Regalia was nerfed from 175 to 163.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Yes please fuck up my items i crafted over the years.... again. There's literally no reason for me to craft anything ever again if they do that. This isn't motivating long term.
Last edited by loardpcm on May 19, 2017, 3:54:23 AM
As I understand it, it has to do with implicit / explicit (or fixed vs rollable) properties on items. The base ES of a chest is an implicit fixed property, all items have the same value (or more precisely: point to the same field in the database). But for the other rollable affixes every item created has it's own values stored in the database separately.

Fixed affixes can be easily changed, you just change one entry in the database. Rollable affixes could be changed too, but you'd need to reroll every item in existence to the new values, something that GGG decided to not do. That's why we have legacy items.

Eg, this regalia will get nerfed, because the implicit ES value will change, but the top roll affixes will stay there.

This was the norm so far. What OP asks is to go against the norm used so far and reroll all our regalias. No thanks. The way GGG deals with legacy items is messy, but a good compromise: you mostly keep your opieop items in Std and have a "balanced" fresh game in Temp. Play which one you prefer.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
If you are a new player in SC, well don't be one, go play a temp league and accumulate your wealth there, go back to SC and then upgrade your gear fully.
I once heard a legend about a game mode where there are no legacy items and everyone starts on even footing

anyone know if there is any truth to this because it sounds like just what the OP is looking for
I dont see any any key!
You will not want to be crafting anything ES in temps if these changes hold up. You will use temp to make T1 life gear instead. But I hear you.
Git R Dun!
this complain is about standard, right?
"

If you paid close attention to the ES manifesto, you would've noticed they already did nerf base ES on the post-change examples.

F.ex Occultist Vestment (Shavs) was nerfed from 140 to 130 ES base, Vaal Regalia was nerfed from 175 to 163.
yeah my bad for not read between the lines. :( It is good to know they do this first.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
You will not want to be crafting anything ES in temps if these changes hold up. You will use temp to make T1 life gear instead. But I hear you.

At least one person that actually understood my about 20 lines of text. Thanks.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
They said that they're increasing the base defense values by 20% as well so I assume that this chest is now going to be over 1100ES?

I thought they were lowering the base es....

did I misread something?
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info