please don't create legacy ES mods

First you create essence of woe that can make tier 0 ES gear. You realise later that this was too strong, and nerf it. By doing that you somewhat ruined the end-game item crafting for new players in standard and also temporary leagues in the way that you remove incentive to try and create mirror worthy gear in temp leagues that can carry over to standard. "Luckily" the difference between t0 and t1 is not the end of the world, but still, anyone mirroring an ES chest in standard would only go for the lucky few who have a t0 + t1X5.

With your announcement of new ES mods in 3.0 beta, you state that the existing gear will become legacy. My first thought here is that no matter which is strongest of ES or life in 3.0 I don't want to touch ES crafting. Why spend any serious money on a gear that is worthless once it goes to standard? I'm not sure if you are aware of how big a deal this is for a substantial part of PoE's playerbase. We play the entire temporary league trying to craft some super nice items. This itemization and the incentive to create some absurd tier 1 x 6 gear is a big thing. If we don't really care about it anymore, league might as well last 2 weeks. Why grind in a game when its not rewarding to craft the ES gear.

To summarize; please don't create legacy mods. You will destroy any incentive to create perfect ES gear in all upcoming temp leagues and punish new players in standard.
Last edited by Madzak on May 19, 2017, 12:07:20 AM
Last bumped on May 22, 2017, 5:09:19 PM
in the past they have claimed that it is a technical limitation and there's no way around it; they never make legacy unless they have to

most recently it seems they are applying more clever (or clumsy, depending on your viewpoint) workarounds to work harder to prevent legacy items - most famous example being the way they handled Leech (nonlegacy-legacy Leech stats are actually recorded in database at 5 times their real value; the modifier itself then divides by 5 and displays that value and uses that divided value)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
most recently it seems they are applying more clever (or clumsy, depending on your viewpoint) workarounds to work harder to prevent legacy items - most famous example being the way they handled Leech (nonlegacy-legacy Leech stats are actually recorded in database at 5 times their real value; the modifier itself then divides by 5 and displays that value and uses that divided value)

Sadly that doesn't work here since it seems to rely on nerfing everything by a uniform value, which they don't want to do.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
This is pretty funny, actually. We never got legacy daggers when daggers were nerfed, but we get legacy vaal regalias. How is that right? Please show some consistency.
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
This is pretty funny, actually. We never got legacy daggers when daggers were nerfed, but we get legacy vaal regalias. How is that right? Please show some consistency.

It's consistent with how the mod system works in this game. It would (according to my understanding) have been possible to create legacy daggers, but GGG avoids creating legacies where possible. It is not possible to avoid legacy %ES rolls.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Oh you can't stop it they're not going to piss off the veteran users just for your sake like I fucking worked hard for my 5+ 950+ ES chest despite it's standard it's a memento you aren't taking that away from me.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 19, 2017, 12:29:11 AM
With the changes to Vaal Pact the real question is how will Energy Shield fair? Life builds might start to dominate Hardcore... Which I don't play so I guess there is no real question!
"
Oh you can't stop it they're not going to piss off the veteran users just for your sake like I fucking worked hard for my 5+ 950+ ES chest despite it's standard it's a memento you aren't taking that away from me.

First of all, I'm glad you focus on yourself here. Don't look at the broader picture. Secondly, A global nerf to ES wouldn't hurt your chest's position. It would still be a t1 chest.
"

But there is nothing wrong with trivializing your "work". I.e. adding better mods and making your crafts worthless.
We'll see what they will do but let's hope that there will be new synergies, creating more well balanced itmes, compensating the loss of the ES with other strong mods.
Last edited by DasName on May 19, 2017, 2:53:57 AM
May be they could do a global nerf the base item that give ES.

if you take a look here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Body_armour#Energy_Shield_Body_Armours_.28Intelligence.29

the top 3 ES armor have a huge base ES jump from 4th ES base 125 to 140, 160, 175 ES.

if the top 3 ES base is nerf to 133, 141, 150. The gap between legacy & new 3.0 mod would have been much smaller.
Last edited by Darkkrows on May 19, 2017, 3:23:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info