Why do you nerf ES at all? 3.0 could be a game changer in different ways.

Hey GGG,

one thing that I simply don´t get is:

You´re just about to release a major addon to the game, 3.0.
Why don´t you just take that chance to change the game without a major nerf?
Why don´t you think about ways to reward players who adapt to "your" new meta? You feel ES is in a bad place compared to life? Then introduce some new mechanics, gear and skills instead of nerfing the status quo.
You have so many options... separate life leech and energy shield leech completely. Introduce a new stat on gear that leeches ES instead of life. Make it a prefix so players can decide if they want 3 Tier1 ES stats, resulting in 900+ ES armors OR if they prefer an ES leech stat instead. Buff life nodes in the passive tree or add new ones that are equal to those huge ES nodes (instead of 4% life nodes, buff them to 12%-18% to match ES)
Don´t think in nerfs, think in new options.
Just my 2cents.
Last bumped on May 24, 2017, 7:47:47 AM
GGG likes to watch our reactions when they nerf stuff, its fun for them. We are like their little ant farm they experiment on lol
I dont see any any key!
GGG bathes in the tears of their devoted player base. It keeps them young.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"Buffing Life" means that most every build trivializes the game, not just ES builds.

ES is supposed to have significantly more EHP than Life builds, but that ES EHP is supposed to be more difficult to sustain. The keystone changes in 3.0.0 help reduce the ability of an ES build to have all the recovery of a typical life build as well as three times the EHP. I'm not sold on the drastic numbers cuts to ES either, but frankly that's because I might've been even a bit more ruthless than GGG already was with Keystone changes.

ES nerfs were needed. Whether these are the right ones, we'll see. But 'Buffing Life' to match current ES capability was never on the table. That's a good thing, not a bad one.
More nerfs equal more challenge equals me being happier. Self-entitled me is pleased.
Strictly SSF HC legit dual-wield Duelist.
Women swoon at the sight of him
Men tremble at the thought of him
And few that face him in battle live to tell the tale.
The devs decided that the game was too easy with ES in its current state so these suggestions aren't reasonable without balancing the rest of the game.
"
k1rage wrote:
GGG likes to watch our reactions when they nerf stuff, its fun for them. We are like their little ant farm they experiment on lol

Nawww they are clueless. They actually have no idea what to do. None of them have experience with games before POE. So for them, everything is just one big lesson. They try stuff, works, doesn't work, they try more stuff. They are just basically pushing buttons and seeing what happens. They don't actually have much of a strategy or plan of attack.

Other than nerf stuff because why dafuq not. Then they overbuff other things for that league coming up (cough Ice Crash cough) which will be nerfed again because it was way too OP. Rinse and repeat.

I guess it's sort of what happens when you basically just copy everyone elses game and mash it all together.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
"
k1rage wrote:

Nawww they are clueless. They actually have no idea what to do. None of them have experience with games before POE. So for them, everything is just one big lesson. They try stuff, works, doesn't work, they try more stuff. They are just basically pushing buttons and seeing what happens. They don't actually have much of a strategy or plan of attack.

Other than nerf stuff because why dafuq not. Then they overbuff other things for that league coming up (cough Ice Crash cough) which will be nerfed again because it was way too OP. Rinse and repeat.

I guess it's sort of what happens when you basically just copy everyone elses game and mash it all together.

I supported GGG for quite some time now with a little money here and there BECAUSE they started as an independant game developer and honestly tried to make a great game for themselves ("we made the game that we always wanted to play") and the players.
I remember back in 2012, they asked the community how players would approach a problem and worked together on a solution.
Now in 2017, they´re doing the same shit as blizzard an co. They nerf what they don´t like and don´t give a fxxx about their players and the community.
IF THEY HAD ASKED "how would you solve the bad balanced situation of end game difficulty, life and ES.....?" I´m sure the community would´ve worked together, came up with solutions and in the end the game would have maybe been a little better than before.

I for myself have decided that my hydra supporter pack was the last money I´ve spent on this game. Not only are the nerfs getting completely out of control, the state of the current game (stability, disconnects, losing currency & gear due to lost connections in maps...) makes me wanna quit poe for ever.
I´ll wait what 3.0 actually brings and then either say goodbye for ever or give it another try when mentioned issues seem solved. Maybe.
"
IamLoco wrote:

I supported GGG for quite some time now with a little money here and there BECAUSE they started as an independant game developer and honestly tried to make a great game for themselves ("we made the game that we always wanted to play") and the players.
I remember back in 2012, they asked the community how players would approach a problem and worked together on a solution.
Now in 2017, they´re doing the same shit as blizzard an co. They nerf what they don´t like and don´t give a fxxx about their players and the community.
IF THEY HAD ASKED "how would you solve the bad balanced situation of end game difficulty, life and ES.....?" I´m sure the community would´ve worked together, came up with solutions and in the end the game would have maybe been a little better than before.

I for myself have decided that my hydra supporter pack was the last money I´ve spent on this game. Not only are the nerfs getting completely out of control, the state of the current game (stability, disconnects, losing currency & gear due to lost connections in maps...) makes me wanna quit poe for ever.
I´ll wait what 3.0 actually brings and then either say goodbye for ever or give it another try when mentioned issues seem solved. Maybe.

Wow, like you read my mind.
Nothing to add here.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on May 22, 2017, 3:01:46 PM
The real answer should be obvious. Build diversity!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info