In all seriousness, is 9k life as hard to get as 25k ES?

"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I don't think Rory was using the 25k ES figure to say that everyone was running around with that much ES, he was saying that it was possible to get that amount of ES while still having the DPS to play endgame in contrast to Life builds which have to invest much more compromise to get higher defenses.

They probably feel that most ES builds aren't making compromises to their damage like Life builds typically need to, thus using the most extreme example to illustrate the point.

You win a dramatically slow clap.

/slow clap

Thank god for reading comprehension skills in 2017 instead of this "i only read what i wanna see" bullshit.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
I don't think Rory was using the 25k ES figure to say that everyone was running around with that much ES, he was saying that it was possible to get that amount of ES while still having the DPS to play endgame in contrast to Life builds which have to invest much more compromise to get higher defenses.

They probably feel that most ES builds aren't making compromises to their damage like Life builds typically need to, thus using the most extreme example to illustrate the point.

Holy shit, someone who can read without cherry-picking. That's a first for this thread.

I'm like 99% sure that the original statement was indicating that 25K ES and 9K life are both the sort of upper limits people can realistically get while still having decent damage. They're upper limits, outliers, not an average. They are what the top 0.1% of players achieve, which is why 99% of the people in this thread haven't before. The real average for both would lie around half of those two values, but even then the ES value is still more than half of the life value.

The point isn't that ES can reach 25K ES, it's not that life can reach 9K life, it's that ES can reach over double what life can with similar a damage output. You can even prove this by looking at the average ES build, seeing that most are between 9K and 15K ES, and then looking at the people playing life struggling to get to 6K.

Kudos to Volcano for not being an idiot. Not saying everyone else here is, because they aren't. But this is the main point of what Rory meant. It's the same with Rory's statement about "life technically being better than ES". Literally everyone got that out of context and took it the wrong way, and this is looking to be very similar.
Is 2,820 health at level 70 pretty good for a Elementalist witch on SSF LL? Just wondering, cause I am a noobie at POE. My first witch was pure ES, she did feel much stronger then my life build atm. But my life build feels like it does more dps though.
Last edited by DragonsBIood on May 18, 2017, 10:24:46 PM
"
DragonsBIood wrote:
Is 2,820 health at level 70 pretty good for a Elementalist witch on SSF LL? Just wondering, cause I am a noobie at POE. My first witch was pure ES, she did feel much stronger then my life build atm. But my life build feels like it does more dps though.

Pretty bad, its normal to have like 4k life at lvl 70s.
"
DragonsBIood wrote:

really, really, really low

im not sure how you made it that far without dying
I dont see any any key!
"
Puraime wrote:
"
DragonsBIood wrote:

"
k1rage wrote:
"
DragonsBIood wrote:

k thanks for letting me know, guess from here on out more life nodes lol, But not playing HC, SSF LL, just softcore SSF LL, so I can learn the game little bit more, before attempting HC again, but Ya so far Merciless been pretty easy, she drops bosses pretty fast. Not sure how she will do in map runs though.

"
DragonsBIood wrote:
"
Puraime wrote:
"
DragonsBIood wrote:

"
k1rage wrote:
"
DragonsBIood wrote:

k thanks for letting me know, guess from here on out more life nodes lol, But not playing HC SSF LL, just softcore SSF LL, so I can learn the game little bit more, before attempting HC again, but Ya so far Merciless been pretty easy, she drops bosses pretty fast. Not sure how she will do in map runs though.

"

k thanks for letting me know, guess from here on out more life nodes lol, But not playing HC SSF LL, just softcore SSF LL, so I can learn the game little bit more, before attempting HC again, but Ya so far Merciless been pretty easy, she drops bosses pretty fast. Not sure how she will do in map runs though.

If you want to play the game safe these are my recommendations.

End of Normal 2k
End of Cruel 3k
End of Merciless 4k
Tier 1-5 4.5K
Tier 6-10 5k
Tier 11-14 5.5k
Guardians 6k
Shaper 7k

Quite a low value for hc and based on range builds though.
Last edited by Puraime on May 18, 2017, 11:06:54 PM
@Puraime

Thank you for the info, gives me a idea of what I need to work towards.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
I have an RF ES witch with 14k es that only cost whatever it took for my rings to craft es on (1ex each?)

Also most of my gear can get better
Also im not using a 600 es shield (mine is sotp cause the damage over time craft dont seem to work for me)
My armor is a shit shavs so thats like -2k es from not having a 1k es armor
My helm is only 300 es when ive seen 500+
Some of my gear needs more int

This char isnt even lvl 90 yet but i think i could hit 20k es easy if i got above items

Now to compare

I also have a life RF char that doesnt have perfect gear either

I think (i havnt played this char for a while) i have around 7k hp with a belly on
I think i have around 9k with non legacy kaoms on

My gear on this i think is better then my es gear

Yeah you could get more ES but you forget that you will die to chaos damage without Shavs. So theoretically yes but in practice nobody would ever do such a thing. Only good for Path of Building.

You can also get Ci.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info