3.0 setting up for disappointment?

There will definitely be some areas where they will disappoint but overall, it is looking quite good. At least the leveling experience will be different and varied right? As for end game, maybe better and more interesting map layouts for us to enjoy. Of course one might say that everyone does strand anyway but who knows?
No end game? What was Atlas expansion about if not end game?
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:
No end game? What was Atlas expansion about if not end game?

I get the feeling it left some PoE die-hards feeling stranded.

well at least they have a whole atlas full of maps to find their way back
I dont see any any key!
I enjoy the Beta, but the crafting benches issue is just about a deal breaker for me.

I took them for granted, because once they were inaccessible, i felt their loss!

That is the only thing too.

Also, why the hate for League. It is literally the best one, ever. No contest. The best of all worlds.

And I simply cannot get behind the people hiding behind fake boredom but in reality just wanting to get their loot into Standard to flip.
I've played the beta, but haven't played any of the new areas yet cause I want for GGG to finish it first so it is perfected! I still like how the HUD and the game itself looks in the beta and I am really excited for the 3.0 release! I also can't wait for the Art book to get shipped to my house from Amazon cause seeing all the new concept art GGG is releasing slowly is making me want it sooner and sooner.
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
a bit offtopic but for the OP :)

enjoy it :p https://youtu.be/vHz0LKRzshw?t=168
IGN : Entropistu
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
vio wrote:

and thx charan for confirming that maps are still a placeholder for a real endgame. already wondered what ggg will focus on next.

Whoa whoa whoa, I confirmed no such thing. I think Atlas of Worlds does its job just fine. It's just a narrative concrete block. This is hardly anything new to ARPGs or MMORPGs, especially when it comes to end-game content. That's after the content creators have sort of run out of ideas -- and I don't mean that in terms of future content. I mean, they might have plenty of ideas stored up for future core game content (as GGG clearly did) but nothing for what comes 'after' it.

says "ggg's inofficial poe forum community manager".

joking aside, ggg themselves ever saw maps as a placeholder, the atlas expansion just gave them a nicer frame.

---

the way i imagined the main story to develop regarding difficulty is them making atlas rather a side story longterm.

means: official storyline goes up to shaper-level (or higher) and atlas is just a sideway story to help you reach it.

---

but they obviously don't like some players never seeing these parts of the game they put so much effort in and there also meanwhile seems a huge vocal chunk of players who is skill-free, highly risk averse and doesn't like difficult content when you see the labyrinth discussions.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
- No real end game still

What would you consider a real end game,give an example you must have a vision of what it is or you would not say this.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
- No real end game still

What would you consider a real end game,give an example you must have a vision of what it is or you would not say this.

An endless dungeon that gets progressively harder with checkpoints with good lore implemented(no more bloody maps). An entire storyline of ages past that explains the backstory of poe and what the future might hold. With hidden dungeons at every 10 levels(kinda like vaal levels and labyrinth hidden levers combined).

One giant map that becomes craftable and can become permanently usable. Lorewise, it'd be a machine you can use currency on, with a nice interface instead of the atlas.

You start out with 3 sections(one section being half of tropical island in size) that you can use alts and transmutes on, gives you simple stuff like:
- Is a beach/other T1-T3 maps
- 10% more blue/flying/... enemies

Once you unlock the 4th section, you can start using regals. Which can give you:

- length of this section is doubled
or - 3 added exiles

Unlocking the 5th section allows you to use alchs and chaos too.
The 4th modifier can be stuff like:
- all enemies deal chaos/fire/lightning/... damage + 30% extra chaos/fire/... type enemies

The 6th section allows you to use exalted.
- Adds an extra act boss and an extra invasion boss + 30% extra quantity and +30% extra mobs on the next map if you kill both.

7th section allows you to use a mirror and vaal orbs.
- Can't change sections any more except reset to zero, but every enemy can now drop vaal fragments and has a chance to spawn vaal enemies(kind of like beyond, so if you base map has beyond, it'd be double beyond constantly, but very difficult to roll).

I'm sure there's more, but that's what I had in mind for an endgame.
Constantly rolling maps/chisels/sextants is maintenance work, it's boring. It makes the game a drag.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
If 3.0 is mainly about a bunch of 'new' acts (not exactly new, they re-use half of the content and call it Act 6-10), then players will get disappointed and bored pretty fast.

Sure there will be a lot of cosmetic and maybe some QoL improvements, but still this stuff should have been done long ago in beta. Like, it's 2017 and this game really shouldn't be in beta mode anymore for some of the stuff GGG is still working on...

So the big and mostly negative and probable takeaways so far are:

- There will be < 10 new gems

- Lab tweaked a bit, but no new and major additions or changes to Ascendancy.

- No real end game still

- No big trade revamp

- No new weapon or armor classes

- No major additions to tree (1 new keystone maybe?)

- No more skill points

- More bigly nerfs and horrid balance changes, as usual in every patch (nerf to DoT, nerf ES, nerf VP, nerf nerf nerf anything powerful and melee as usual, except for all things range)

So.. there's not much to look forward to once the no lifer finishes all the acts < 4 hours, unlike every other expansion in the past where there was so much more new stuff to try out after whipping thru new acts...

free to play

ouch, that hurts

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 6, 2017, 8:58:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info