3.0 setting up for disappointment?

"
Puraime wrote:
you have to run 600 shaped strand with 10% packsize to reach lvl 100 from 99 though.

While gorges it was 320 or so?

Whaddaya know, it wasn't even an improvement. Maybe Atlas wasn't so hot after all, eh?
Sure, new bosses are great, map reworks too, and it gave people a few more things to do which is also good, and at the same time a large portion of the playerbase never even saw those bosses except on twitchtv. It was pretty much an expansion that targeted end-endgamers which are a subset of the population. 3.0 will also target a subset, just another one and if we say it will make the expansion insignificant that's pretty much saying that subset of the playerbase is insignificant, and their stats say that's baloney.

FoO should solve some longstanding problems with the game, add some new mechanics, a good bit of polish to some features and probably the most extensive balance pass yet. If anything, I'd say it seems a bit too ambitious.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
3.0 is to generate a cash injection duty-free.

You can do a lot of things with cash: pay for development and even pay for an outstanding loan.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
If 3.0 is mainly about a bunch of 'new' acts (not exactly new, they re-use half of the content and call it Act 6-10), then players will get disappointed and bored pretty fast.

Sure there will be a lot of cosmetic and maybe some QoL improvements, but still this stuff should have been done long ago in beta. Like, it's 2017 and this game really shouldn't be in beta mode anymore for some of the stuff GGG is still working on...

So the big and mostly negative and probable takeaways so far are:

- There will be < 10 new gems

- Lab tweaked a bit, but no new and major additions or changes to Ascendancy.

- No real end game still

- No big trade revamp

- No new weapon or armor classes

- No major additions to tree (1 new keystone maybe?)

- No more skill points

- More bigly nerfs and horrid balance changes, as usual in every patch (nerf to DoT, nerf ES, nerf VP, nerf nerf nerf anything powerful and melee as usual, except for all things range)

So.. there's not much to look forward to once the no lifer finishes all the acts < 4 hours, unlike every other expansion in the past where there was so much more new stuff to try out after whipping thru new acts...

I am not even going to read the 6 pages before posting, because I need to lance this anger boil now.

- No real end game? Get stuffed, for real. You have got to be kidding me.
- No new wpns or armor? What!??! What are you looking for, throwing stars and nun-chucks? And new skill tree enhances for them? There is almost too many options already.
- No more skill points? I can't even............you can get, what, 120 already? Plus 8 ascension? How far out of control do you want player power to get?

Okay, forget it. As with a previous poster on this same subject, you turned hipster when you complained, at length, about something not even released yet. The free change to the game you play - not a paid expansion or DLC.

Go play something else and stop fouling up the boards with your crap.
Disappointment is relative to ones expectations

Example:

if the browns go 6-10 that is not a disappointment to their fans

if the Patriots go 8-8 its a huge disappointment to their fan base

naturally you will have people in any group with unrealistic expectations, those people are extremely likely to be disappointed
I dont see any any key!
"
raics wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Compare 3.0 with atlas of worlds

I agree, switching to shaped strands from gorge was a huge QoL improvement, no idea how can they even hope to match that.

You're missing the high tier maps, guardians, and shaper adding to a much needed end game that was before occupied by...uber atziri alone.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Everything seems okay except the content designed for a tiny, insignificant vocal minority.
Guys, why are you feeding the troll?
The moment I've read "No End Game" is the moment I realised this is a troll post
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
If 3.0 is mainly about a bunch of 'new' acts (not exactly new, they re-use half of the content and call it Act 6-10), then players will get disappointed and bored pretty fast.

Sure there will be a lot of cosmetic and maybe some QoL improvements, but still this stuff should have been done long ago in beta. Like, it's 2017 and this game really shouldn't be in beta mode anymore for some of the stuff GGG is still working on...

So the big and mostly negative and probable takeaways so far are:

- There will be < 10 new gems

- Lab tweaked a bit, but no new and major additions or changes to Ascendancy.

- No real end game still

- No big trade revamp

- No new weapon or armor classes

- No major additions to tree (1 new keystone maybe?)

- No more skill points

- More bigly nerfs and horrid balance changes, as usual in every patch (nerf to DoT, nerf ES, nerf VP, nerf nerf nerf anything powerful and melee as usual, except for all things range)

So.. there's not much to look forward to once the no lifer finishes all the acts < 4 hours, unlike every other expansion in the past where there was so much more new stuff to try out after whipping thru new acts...

GGG promised perfomance improvements. It's very important!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Performance enhancements will be due to graphical downscaling. Pathetic band aid fix if you ask me.
"
Psichrone wrote:
Guys, why are you feeding the troll?
The moment I've read "No End Game" is the moment I realised this is a troll post

The question is: why necro a troll post?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info