I see a lot of people do this, and I don't know why.

"
Axetwin wrote:
I sense a small amount of confusion about my question about CWDT. It wasn't about why players use it period. I get why you would want to use it for certain skills, like curses. I was just confused specifically about why with Golem and Herald. That question has been answered.

I understand the idea of why you would use it with Immortal Call. I was just confused about why players would use it with no way to build Endurance charges. I mistakenly thought nothing would happen if you had none when the skill proc'd. I haven't had a chance to use the skill yet, so I won't weigh an opinion on a proc that lasts .4 of a second.

CwDT + IC with no endurance charges is usually used by characters that have a lot of leech and Vaal Pact. These characters typically can leech back to full health given 0.4 seconds but that doesn't prevent them from dying to getting shotgunned by tons of hits in a smaller fraction of a second.

From my experience, it's only really useful against big packs of Porcupine Goliaths and Undying Evangelists, but they help a ton against them.
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
Axetwin wrote:
I sense a small amount of confusion about my question about CWDT. It wasn't about why players use it period. I get why you would want to use it for certain skills, like curses. I was just confused specifically about why with Golem and Herald. That question has been answered.

I understand the idea of why you would use it with Immortal Call. I was just confused about why players would use it with no way to build Endurance charges. I mistakenly thought nothing would happen if you had none when the skill proc'd. I haven't had a chance to use the skill yet, so I won't weigh an opinion on a proc that lasts .4 of a second.

CwDT + IC with no endurance charges is usually used by characters that have a lot of leech and Vaal Pact. These characters typically can leech back to full health given 0.4 seconds but that doesn't prevent them from dying to getting shotgunned by tons of hits in a smaller fraction of a second.

From my experience, it's only really useful against big packs of Porcupine Goliaths and Undying Evangelists, but they help a ton against them.

Exactly. And soon that will all be different anyway, since only life-based characters will be taking VP (and life-based characters commonly have endurance-charge interplay).
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I'm starting to like CWDT + IC + Phase run + Increased Duration in my totem builds.
I have an Alien pet.
Just thought I'd add...

If you put your golem on your left click it will function like "move only." Then when you left click with your attack-in-place button (Shift by default but I make mine space bar for easier access), you'll re-summon your golem.

I like this setup for a few reasons.

I don't like any attack on left click because I can accidentally get attack locked instead of moving when I'm already in a dangerous situation. This puts utility on the left click.

Running my golem at the highest level it can be for max usability.

Frees up a socket in my CWDT setup

I can easily re-summon whenever I need to with little effort, including re-summoning between encounters while running to keep the golem at full health all the time.

wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
CWDT - Phase Run is really good. Get a speed burst AND phasing so you can run faster directly through the wall of enemies trying to wear your face as a mask. I use it often.
0,4 seconds of immortal call is the base duration. any sane exile will link it to increased duration so they get ~64% longer uptime and possibly have something like potency of will notable for even longer duration.

edit: a low level cwdt can be used to power a high level curse.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 19, 2017, 1:13:26 PM
CwDT is so good when its combined with "frost wall" and "phase run" as a caster.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Jideament wrote:
CwDT is so good when its combined with "frost wall" and "phase run" as a caster.

need to try that one. phase run is tricky to use with cwdt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info