Changes to the Labyrinth

I really REALLY wish they would look at making the enchantment system better. The helmet enchantments are so specific that the chance of getting one for the specific skill I am using is just too small. At least the boots and gloves have multiple useful enchantments.
Nooooooooooooooo............
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Wish lab would crawl into a hole and die.

P.
"
arknath wrote:
You abosolutely have to make somce changes to the RNG of the end game labyrinth enchants. After 300 runs in a season and 0 useful enchants for your build you kind of always end up giving up and force yourself to buy an item with the enchant you need ( if it even is for sale... ). This problem scales up 100 times when you run SSF. At least let us select a category of enchants after inserting the item.

Idea:

A list after inserting the item that lets you select between:

Melee skill enchant
Magic skill enchant
Aura/Curse skill enchant
All skill gem enchants(for those that want the full rng experience)

This will lower the rng to a decent level and still would require plenty of runs to get the correct one.

or perhaps make it so that you have a chance to find tokens in side rooms that change what type of enchantment you get if you use them in place of the generic end-of-run enchantment effect. You could get multi of these per run even but only one can be used at the end of the maze, and one generic one is always available so you may or may not get the type you need. Still, it would improve your chances of finding a relevant enchantment slightly.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
So instead of having the ascendancy points be gained naturally as we progress, we still have to return to this one place four times?

You literally changed nothing about the labyrinth while the entire game is changing around it to a one-playthrough setup. It's going to feel even more out of place than it already does and especially tedious when you come back later and have to run it back to back for no reason other than because you can't let it go. This is going to easily be the worst part of the game once 3.0 arrives.
Step in the right direction at least, but what we really need is a way to get our Ascendancy points without playing Flask Check: The Game. Lab is horribly unbalanced and thus very, very boring and unsatisfying to run, at least for me and many others. Maybe the new normal lab will be short enough to tolerate, maybe not. Either way, I'll likely stop even trying to progress at whatever point ascendancy points, or ascendancy points beyond the first two, become effectively "required" - I have no desire to play maps or lab, because I have no desire to have disconnects so strongly influence the game as to cost lab runs or map portals. Legacy league is a vast improvement to past league access precisely because if you get disconnected, the instance is still there and you can re-enter as many times as your ISP, cat or little brother dictate.

Lab isn't hard. It's a bad joke that's trivially bypassed in terms of any real challenge by bringing good flasks relative to your life total and not having any ES... throw in movement gems for good measure if you want to overdo it. What isn't bypassed by that is the sheer boredom of going through it, particularly the load screens, especially if you get any disconnects in the process. Labyrinth has some of the longest load screens of any zones in the game and it forces way too many. On some of the slower machines the load screens can even literally force a disconnect themselves by taking too long - goodbye run!

One other way to instantly make lab 9000% more tolerable would be to simply let you re-enter your existing instance if you left it for ANY reason other than an actual death, so disconnects hurt less. Do that with map portals too. I really don't care that you "can't tell unintentional disconnects from intentional ones," you chose to make an online-only game. Dealing with disconnects is a cost of admission to that game style - and any publisher making such a game has a responsibility to handle them gracefully, not punish anyone who has a pet in the name of "we don't want people pulling the cord on purpose." If you want to make a game where people can't disconnect, make a local singleplayer game.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

You'll still need to complete six trials to gain access to the Aspirants' Plaza via the Sarn Encampment. From here you will be able to access all four versions of the Labyrinth, as long as you have fulfilled their requirements. The requirements for all of the Labyrinths as of The Fall of Oriath will be:

• Normal-equivalent Labyrinth: Six trials.
  • Cruel-equivalent Labyrinth: Three trials, as well as completion of the previous Labyrinth.
  • Merciless-equivalent Labyrinth: Three trials, as well as completion of both previous Labyrinths.
  • Endgame Labyrinth: Six trials, as well as completion of all previous Labyrinths.

Okay, I get this part, still be lab and trials. This is what I have a question about:
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

To summarise: though the moment-to-moment Labyrinth gameplay will be much the same in 3.0.0, the amount of time you spend accessing and running through the early labyrinths will be significantly shorter, simpler, and you'll be able to access all versions of the Labyrinth from the Aspirants' Plaza.

If I can access all versions of the Labyrinth from the Aspirants' Plaza is there still a need for the
to access the end game labyrinth? Because it doesn't seem necessary to insert it into the map device anymore.
There are a lot of truly excellent things coming in 3.0.0.
Hacking existing lab features to fit the new content progression isn't one of them.

To elaborate on my feelings regarding the lab in PoE,
[Removed for Support].
"
gote66666 wrote:
Is the lab hate all about how nasty izaro is? is it the traps? because really don't get it. It's frustrating, challenging, dangerous, can be rewarding, which is exactly how you want it to be, isn't it? I like it for all of those reasons.. Or do people want to just have the ascendancy given to them in hideout?..

I don't think that having to run 4 labs total, 3 of which take 10 minutes tops and have zero threat at endgame.

Genuinely curious. I understand that some people don't find it fun which is fine and to be expected.

ps. great work ggg as usual.

How fun lab is is highly dependend on your build. Vaal pact? Impossible. That's fine for lab if you want to farm it, but horrible for acendancy points.

Variance of endgame lab is also a joke, if you share trials you unlock it after 1-3 days. If you play solo it takes 1-3 weeks.

And for farming it's ok, balance is mostly fine. Most people just don't enjoy memorizing daily lab layouts, because farming lab means running around fast and doesn't mean killing stuff. Also alot of builds can't farm it efficiently, so level up a lab farmer or don't do it.
Nobody cares about Lab, nobody would even do the lab if it didnt provide skill points, nobody wants to even do the lab. How about you do something intelligent with your time and just REMOVE the lab that is a giant waste of time. All you get is crash after crash in it, it provides nothing of value except maybe the boots. Nobody wants to spend time running them, and the people that build specific characters to run them get to rob other people of their offering by killing them in uber lab carry run by forcing them to pay up front then when they die make other person pay again for the trash place.

REMOVE IT PERIOD ITS TRASH SAME AS THE DEV THAT DESIGNED IT!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info