[3.0] Windz's Magma Orb Sire of Shard Elementalist Mapper (3.0 WIP)

Disclaimer:

Pure mapping build. Great for double beyond sextanted maps.
Did not invent sire of shards magma orb.

INTRODUCTION

I always wanted to make a sire of shard build and magma orb build. Thanks to the threshold jewel and projectile speed affecting magma orb, the build feels a lot more smoother now.

How does this build work?

Sire of Shards make the socketed projectile skills into a nova. This give you a very large aoe clear and the chains from the helmet and lvl 21+ gems make it go far.

3.0 Section

Will work on this overtime but until I make the build and try it out, I can only suggest what I think is optimal.

Ignite got hit hard.

Therefore, we will focus our on hit damage.

Suggested Classes

Inquisitor (added cold + HoI shatter for increased aoe clear & good single target)

Berserker (life + mana leech (great for MoM) and good damage boost)

Scion (Ele/Deadeye: less damage than others but has more utility and reflect proof)

Elementalist (full penetration)

Suggested Tree

poeurl.com/bxOK

Bandit - Alira

Suggested Build

1. Full fire

Make full use of fire penetration by using lightning skill (charged dash, tap and release, or lightning warp/orb of storm) and using fire pen gem.
Use wise oak (fire res highest)
Immolate should be a great dps gem

2. Fire + Cold

Penetrate both fire and cold. Proc fire pen with lightning skill stated above and cold pen is proced by magma orb itself.
Use added cold + HoI (shatter for AoE)
If using wise oak, try to make fire res = cold res (prioritize fire pen if you cant balance)

Suggested Items

Chest

Belly (can have 6link single target set up with slower proj)

Kaoms Heart (huge life pool, decent dps increase)
*have to weapon swap for single target if sire links are too weak...suggest pledge of hands*

Queen of the forest (increased clear speed because of movement speed)

Spoiler

SKILL TREE

With Legacy/Relic Vinktars:

lvl 98 (current): poeurl.com/bjrq

Without Relic Vinktars:

lvl 97: poeurl.com/bjrr

lvl 83: poeurl.com/bjrs

lvl 76: poeurl.com/bjru

pre CI: poeurl.com/bjrv

BANDITS

Kill/Kill/Alira

GEAR

Mapping/Generic

Weapon of choice

Use empower instead of IQ if you dont have/want
Use inc crit/controlled instead of IR if you dont want

Recommended:

Note: Magma Helm enchant helps a lot. Makes it roll further

HEADHUNTA is NOT required. Use crystal belt with res or biscos leash

Death's door is great for the str requirement and also being immune to bleed.

You have no room for flask suffixes because of 4 unique flasks + quicksilver for movmeent speed, so deaths door saves you from using staunching flask.

Skyforth is another option for stun immunity (mana pool ~ 1.9-2k = almost 10k life stun treshold) but you need to grab a staunching flask.

Can use another ring instead of Le Heup (just a lazy generic ring im using)

Flasks:

CORE:

Optional:

Can use Atziris promise/Wise Oak if you use death door and drop staunching flask

Hardcore/defensive:

Use kiaras determination if you dont have any stun immunities
Jewels:

2 Magma orb Threshold jewels (Inevitability) *Grab immune to silence if you can afford to*
2 Inspired Learning

ASCENDANCY

Shaper's Desolation --> Beacon of Ruins --> Paragon of Calamity--> Liege of Primordial

GEMS

Weapon 5/6 link:

Magma orb, Spell Echo, Faster Proj, Fire pen, IQ (empower), IR (inc crit/controlled)

4link:
Herald of Lightning, Innverate, Culling Strike, Enlighten

3link:

CWDT + Warlords Mark + IC

Inc duration + Vaal haste

Others:

Flame Golem
Lightning Golem
Flame Dash
Portal
Arctic Armour

LEVELING

Lvl like a typical caster.

Lifesprig

Firestorm/Flameblast

VIDEO

No HH, Shaped PP double beyond

https://youtu.be/Jbuj5tilsE8

Last edited by windz on Sep 10, 2017, 6:37:05 AM
Last bumped on May 31, 2018, 2:06:35 PM
ty windz FeelsGoodMan
oO I've wondered what an MTX Magma Orb build would look like...

Looks like fun!

Kind of an foolish question but.. how much does the Relic Vinktar help with the build?

Thanks Windz for sharing!
Thanks Windz ^^
"
Pracis wrote:
oO I've wondered what an MTX Magma Orb build would look like...

Looks like fun!

Kind of an foolish question but.. how much does the Relic Vinktar help with the build?

Thanks Windz for sharing!

Ill have a video of a sample map or you can check my vods on twitch.

The vinktars allow you to drop vp and get more dmg nodes over travelling. Not that big of a difference. Also more uptime as it is 30 charge usage.
Hey Windz, I was the viewer today who asked for the non-HH showcase, and then said I'd use the build. Well guess what, I'm using the build! I had a few questions though.

First, I've been wondering this for a while, and here seems prudent. Since Legacy Vinktars is super expensive, if I was able to free up a potion slot, would it be useful to run 2 normal vinktars for 100% uptime? Or is it strictly the 30% leech that is so much better? (I'm pretty new, sorry if this doesn't work at all).

Second, wouldn't Skyforth be better than Death's Door pretty much every way you look at it? Incredibly high stun resist and guaranteed full power charges, plus a sulphur flask just seems better than anything the Death's Door could offer? Am I insane?

Anyway, been leveling the build today, just hit level 58, I'll get to mapping tomorrow. If you care at all, this is the gear I have waiting, let me know if there's anything drastically wrong (yes I'm still missing pieces and need to sort out some resists).

Spoiler
(I have a jewel with silence immunity as well, and all flasks minus legacy vinktars)

Thanks a lot, I love the build so far, and I appreciate your helpfulness on stream! :)
Last edited by dksdragon on May 17, 2017, 1:31:07 AM
"
dksdragon wrote:
Hey Windz, I was the viewer today who asked for the non-HH showcase, and then said I'd use the build. Well guess what, I'm using the build! I had a few questions though.

First, I've been wondering this for a while, and here seems prudent. Since Legacy Vinktars is super expensive, if I was able to free up a potion slot, would it be useful to run 2 normal vinktars for 100% uptime? Or is it strictly the 30% leech that is so much better? (I'm pretty new, sorry if this doesn't work at all).

Second, wouldn't Skyforth be better than Death's Door pretty much every way you look at it? Incredibly high stun resist and guaranteed full power charges, plus a sulphur flask just seems better than anything the Death's Door could offer? Am I insane?

Anyway, been leveling the build today, just hit level 58, I'll get to mapping tomorrow. If you care at all, this is the gear I have waiting, let me know if there's anything drastically wrong (yes I'm still missing pieces and need to sort out some resists).

Spoiler
(I have a jewel with silence immunity as well, and all flasks minus legacy vinktars)

Thanks a lot, I love the build so far, and I appreciate your helpfulness on stream! :)

Sup man.

Just use normal spell vinktars and use the non legacy vinktar tree.

Skyforth is good but expensive. Skyforth for mapping is never truly needed. Use valyrium/eye/kiaras/boot enchant for stun and overcharged for power charge/endurance/frenzy.

Can you link the rare jewels you used?
You take Power charge on Merc yet I see no Power Charge Generation ?
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
You take Power charge on Merc yet I see no Power Charge Generation ?

overcharged conduit nodes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info