[2.6] The Breach Queen - Oro Flicker EleChamp

Version 0.25

Greetings,

since I'm having a lot of fun with this build at the moment I was surprised I wasn't able to find something similar with the usual search tools for poe builds.
It's basically the CI version of Neversink's Slayer build, without rampage or headhunter shenanigans, but more survivability and a bit more bossmelting.
Because this is the first time I'm posting a build and i'm also lazy, the information presented might lack some depth at first, but when I find the time and/or specific questions arise I'll probably update the post.

So, let's get started:

Why choose the Scion?
The main gem setup for Oro flickerers is pretty much set in stone: Flicker Strike - Melee Splash - Multistrike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Fire Penetration - Fortify. The Slayer can skip Melee Splash and the Champion can skip Fortify. With the Champion Ascendancy I felt that the Scion could also skip Fortify, although it becomes a little less reliant.
The other reason was that the nodes I wanted for my Oro Flickerer were all over the place and the Scion makes it a lot easier to reach them.

Core Mechanics

Flicker strike
Pretty much everything that could be said about flicker strike has been explained by other people already, for a good introduction I'd recommend Hazzor's video.
The good thing about flicker strike is that it can be namelocked or autotargeted. The bad thing about multistrike is that it always autotargets. So if you namelock an enemy most of the time the 2nd and 3rd strike will lead you away from that enemy and then your character will walk back into range to execute the next flicker strike. Thus you're better off not namelocking anything at all, which will also prevent the character trying to walk when it's surrounded by enemies.
From a tactical perspective not being able to choose which enemy to attack and also being restricted to not reading mods most of the time is pretty horrible, but that's just the way it is at the moment.

Mana sustain
On a 6link flicker strike costs me 61 mana and I end up with around 9 APS, which means 3 flicker strikes per second. Due to the revelry cluster you do end up with 1k mana in your mid-80s though, so combined with revelry's MGoH your unbuffed mana leech is pretty much sufficient, even on a single target. I think I've heard her complain on hexproof maps once in a while, so if you wanted to be completely safe on that front you could spend those extra 2 points to get spirit void. Since Doerte's Elixir is also a mana flask though, she takes care of this disturbance as well.

Mana reservation
For a CI build without a shield and with the drawbacks of Oro's sacrifice I feel like Discipline and Arctic Armor are pretty much mandatory. I did reduce the mana reservation on the tree to one node though and it works fine. With a L4 enlighten you might even be able to skip that one.

Curse Delivery
I still feel like I'm not using the 6linked body armor to its full potential, however having flammability and elemental weakness delivered by vengeance instead of CWDT does feel a bit more reliable. Once I flip the gem I'll also get a nice 10% curse effectiveness from CurseOnHit.

Bandits
None - Kraityn - Kraytin

Ascendancies
Champion - Duelist Starting Area - Elementalist

Uniques
Oro's Sacrifice, Emberwake, The Taming, Fireborn Jewel, Doedre's Elixir, Pyre

Optional Uniques

Energy From Within: Spending the leftover points on the Melding-cluster and using Energy from Within would push the char above 9k ES.

Those offer a pretty significant offensive boost and some nice resistance. You do give up on a bit of ES there though. Since they push the char to 94% ignite chance they open up switching Chance To Ignite for Faster Attacks. You'll definetly want the Spirit Void and Breath of Flames nodes then though. It just so happens that we have just enough points left to take those.

If you're in the mood to fine-tune your resistances, this one is good as well.

Current Gear and Links

Situational Swaps

Swap in when you see porcupines on the map.

Lifeleech gem - Putting this on your flicker strike (instead of FirePen) should leave you with 6.4% Lifeleech. This should come in handy on elereflect maps and also for tanking serious bossDoTs, e.g. the temple map boss vortex. I have yet to test this thoroughly though.

Outlook on 3.0

The changes in 3.0 will hit this build kinda hard. The removal of Double-dipping won't be too much of an issue, since embertaming's primary function was to increase our frontloaded damage and thereby our single-target leech anyway. The incoming nerf to WED will be a lot worse, since it's one of the few sources of more-multipliers for Oro damage.

Changelog

- v0.1 Initial post
- v0.2 Switched build to alternate curse delivery, added outlook for 3.0 and core mechanics section
- v0.25 Switched some nodes on the tree, added Curse Delivery, WHy Scion? and Optional Uniques sections

Upcoming changes to this post

Before the league is over I'll pit her against some of the endgame stuff. Single core, dual core, guardians sans phoenix and shaper. I haven't played since prophecy, so some of that stuff will be new to me, but I'll let you know how she performed.
Last edited by Blattspinat on May 17, 2017, 1:43:30 PM
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2017, 1:41:04 PM
Sorry i'm new to game but your Leveling tree and Full skill tree is so different am I able to reset that much passives in the later game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info