Damage Over Time Changes - More Information Part 2

I kinda want to try a bleed+poison+ignite build in the beta now. Maybe from the new and improved cyclone.
This is legitimately like the 5th post about damage over time. There is something inherently wrong if it takes this much explaining and justification.
But I was about to go to bed. :/

Edit:

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
However, in the Beta, many weapon clusters will have large modifiers to Bleeding or Poison damage on them, in addition to their other effects, so you will have some natural increases to Bleeding or Poison Damage by directing yourself to those clusters, while still increasing your physical hit damage.

The intent is that poison becomes a deliberate choice that you've chosen to invest in, especially as we intend to add some more special effects that reward you in ways other than direct damage.

The more I read about these changes, the less confident I feel in my comprehension of them.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on May 10, 2017, 8:12:08 PM
"
Lantis02 wrote:
This is legitimately like the 5th post about damage over time. There is something inherently wrong if it takes this much explaining and justification.
You're right; it is a gross comment on the quality of schooling undertaken by the average player!

It's not complex, but people are still frequently misunderstanding or complaining about things that simply aren't the case.
"As a result of these changes, I infer that minions will still benefit from poison double dipping, is this correct?"

Obviously didn't read the changes before inferring anything.
"
Lantis02 wrote:

game was out of balance.
its a new game once 3.0 hits
dooes spellecho reduce my poison dmg in fall of oriath?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
I am glad they are taking the time to quell the stupid stuff people hear/read around the interwebs. It only took the main posts about damage over time updates. They didn't have to do the extra Q&A follow ups but they did. Good for them.
"
Lantis02 wrote:

The funny part is that, no matter how many manifestos they make about this, people will still be asking questions about it, after 3.0.0 is released...

Talk about waste of time.
Person of the year - DoT changes...
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info