Damage Over Time Changes - More Information Part 2

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Since people have asked about it, here's another pair of images showing a case involving damage conversion:
Old System

New System

I've also edited this into my initial picture post on page 4.

One question regarding modifiers. Will Punishment ("More Physical Melee Damage") increase Bleed damage? I guess it will not, but since "melee" modifiers aren't specified in the post, I've wanted to ask it.
"
As a result of these changes, I infer that minions will still benefit from poison double dipping, is this correct?
No. No damage modifiers will double-dip for Bleeding, Poison or Ignite. Since those were the only Damage over Time effects that did double-dip, this means no Damage over Time effects in the game will double-dip any more.

I read it something like...

"NO! NO DAMAGE FROM DOUBLE DIPING. NO MORE DOUBLE DIP SHIT YOU ASSHOLE HACKER FUCKING INSECT BASTARD. NO DOUBLE DIPING! STOP CHEATING! THIS IS POE! PLAY AND DIE LIKE ANYONE ELSE OR GO PLAY WITH BOTS ON DIABLO 3!"

I love Path fo Exile.
Hi I got really confused about one thing only. Will dots ignore resistances or not? I thought I read that on a previous post but now I'm not sure.
Do we still need to lower enemy resistances to apply strong dots or resistances will only apply to the initial hits?
I don't understand why you are choosing to ruin builds that didn't double-dip to hurt those that did. The killing of melee physical damage applying to poison hurts damage that never double-dipped in their application of poison, and it is completely unnecessary. Why not just treat it the same way as added/converted damage, but have it apply over time? Any increases to the base damage of an attack will increase the damage of the poison, but will only apply once if you have them apply to the base damage directly but separately for the applied DoT. It's simpler, requires less balancing acts all over the passive tree, and doesn't nerf builds that aren't exploiting the double-dipping you are attempting to get rid of.
What about blocking?
Since the DOT damage has nothing to do with the hit, so can I assume that even if I blocked, I will still take the damage?
What about minion's poisoning? Will there be any chance to increase exactly POISON damage of minions???

Let's give some example. Let's Assume I have 100% more with 400% increased minion damage and poison.

Now (in 2.6):
my minion deals 100 base damage, which after more/inc becomes 1000, then posion gives 10% as 100 dps, and double-dip makes it x10 once more, so as result I have 1000 hit + 1000 dps poison.

After (in 3.0):
my minion deals 100 base damage, which after more/inc becomes 1000, then poison deals 20 base dps , which after more/inc becomes 200 dps. So as result I have 1000 hit + 200 dps poison (!5 times less!). And that's all. I simply CANNOT increase this damage any further since no "damage over time increased" or "increased poison damage" nodes will be applied to minion damage output, right?

I don't think minions with physic dmg and poison were any kind of OP now, at all. Some people might say, that minions on the other hand will become stronger - but what about copies from mirror/blink arrow?

As the result I see that dps becomes like 2 times or even more WORSE for already <quite_weak> this kind of minions. That's increadibly SAD. Bye-bye mirror/blink arrow build =((
Last edited by Fiard on May 30, 2017, 10:18:20 AM
"
Fiard wrote:
What about minion's poisoning? Will there be any chance to increase exactly POISON damage of minions???

Let's give some example. Let's Assume I have 100% more with 400% increased minion damage and poison.

Now (in 2.6):
my minion deals 100 base damage, which after more/inc becomes 1000, then posion gives 10% as 100 dps, and double-dip makes it x10 once more, so as result I have 1000 hit + 1000 dps poison.

After (in 3.0):
my minion deals 100 base damage, which after more/inc becomes 1000, then poison deals 20 base dps , which after more/inc becomes 200 dps. So as result I have 1000 hit + 200 dps poison (!5 times less!). And that's all. I simply CANNOT increase this damage any further since no "damage over time increased" or "increased poison damage" nodes will be applied to minion damage output, right?

I don't think minions with physic dmg and poison were any kind of OP now, at all. Some people might say, that minions on the other hand will become stronger - but what about copies from mirror/blink arrow?

As the result I see that dps becomes like 2 times or even more WORSE for already <quite_weak> this kind of minions. That's increadibly SAD. Bye-bye mirror/blink arrow build =((

Its funny you say that, cause minions will be one of the few ways to use poison that will be viable, and not a complete waste of gearing/skill points. The problem is that even then the only support gems that you can use and not turn the poison into a complete waste are minion damage, minion speed, faster attacks, multistrike, faster casting, and spell echo (and void manipulation if its a chaos golem/chaos spectre).

I'm REALLY hoping GGG changes their mind about the whole projectile/area damage not effecting dots thing, and do what they should have done before double dipping was even introduced and make ALL dots effected by ALL modifiers that effect the initial hit (including spell/attack damage), with the exception of crit multi.
"
elvenchakra wrote:
Its funny you say that, cause minions will be one of the few ways to use poison that will be viable, and not a complete waste of gearing/skill points.

Say what? I've told that minions became stronger in overall - that will balance situation with poisoning minions. Since poison part became weaker, but minion itself became stronger. BUT I've used already build with mirror/blink arrow COPIES (they ARE minions too). They haven't become stronger in any direction. And since I can use some simple math, their poison part will be 5 times worse AT LEAST (they have 75% more already in skill, which also lost from ddip).
"
Fiard wrote:
Some people might say, that minions on the other hand will become stronger - but what about copies from mirror/blink arrow?

"
Fiard wrote:

And it's certainly not funny ...
"
elvenchakra wrote:
cause minions will be one of the few ways to use poison that will be viable

NO. If you place poison to enemies by your casts/totems/traps etc. all your increased duration things, DoT increase, poison increase, all of these work. BUT NONE works for MINIONS. You only can do this via skill gems or "smth MINION smth" nodes. And there are NO nodes to increase any poison viability on minions at all. So I would say, that minions are quite the WORST thing to use poison with from 3.0
Last edited by Fiard on May 31, 2017, 3:59:42 AM
"
Fiard wrote:
"
elvenchakra wrote:
cause minions will be one of the few ways to use poison that will be viable

NO. If you place poison to enemies by your casts/totems/traps etc. all your increased duration things, DoT increase, poison increase, all of these work. BUT NONE works for MINIONS. You only can do this via skill gems or "smth MINION smth" nodes. And there are NO nodes to increase any poison viability on minions at all. So I would say, that minions are quite the WORST thing to use poison with from 3.0

What? Increased duration will no longer apply to poison. You took only a snippet of my post, which also explains how even minion builds are hurt by this, and even explains why. It's not about whether minion builds with poison will be as good as they used to be, it's about the fact that they will be one of the few builds where poison won't be a COMPLETE WASTE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info