Lightning Tendrils Trickster

I can go back and double check my stuff but I'm hitting over 100k dps on this build. That amount of damage isnt high enough though and I believe I need to change some stuff around to hit even higher. I would need to change staffs etc because I went with the more defensive east staff since i went Lightning coil for physical damage mitigation. As someone also said though, its hard to get this skill viable because of double dipping. I will say though this skill is fantastic at clearing everything SUPER fast, the issue is bosses more so.

*edit* I just checked and sitting in town Im just over 35k alone without any buffs or flasks etc. I checked the tooltip and again that thing isnt even accurate but it skimmed over 85k while I was fighting with the flasks up etc. This is with level 18 gems atm
Last edited by ZACHWILDCAT on May 17, 2017, 12:30:51 AM
"
DarthPwn wrote:
"
Before the Path of Building I did a lot of calculations using Excel table and Lightning Tendrils seemed to be horrible in dps. Using the PoB confirmed this, the maximum I got around 75k dps at level 6 and 6L with Empower level 4. :/
Ops, at level 100.

75k DPS is incredibly low. I'm pretty sure I could make a better build with my eyes closed.

Lightning Tendrils isn't exactly a strong ability but I'm confident that it would be able to break 100k easily.

Probably low life and/or a good staff you can have 100k, I did a simulation life version + Divinarius. But I think it's too much effort (and cost) to make a spell whose mechanics are not interesting, especially with the nerf in AoE.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
"
"
DarthPwn wrote:
"
Before the Path of Building I did a lot of calculations using Excel table and Lightning Tendrils seemed to be horrible in dps. Using the PoB confirmed this, the maximum I got around 75k dps at level 6 and 6L with Empower level 4. :/
Ops, at level 100.

75k DPS is incredibly low. I'm pretty sure I could make a better build with my eyes closed.

Lightning Tendrils isn't exactly a strong ability but I'm confident that it would be able to break 100k easily.

Probably low life and/or a good staff you can have 100k, I did a simulation life version + Divinarius. But I think it's too much effort (and cost) to make a spell whose mechanics are not interesting, especially with the nerf in AoE.

Do you have a link to your build tree? I'm curious why your damage numbers are so low.

I think Low-Life is definitely the way to go for this and the extra AOE on Divinarius is actually not needed at all.

I have a basic idea for a non-crit low-life lightning tendrils build using Agnerod West that I will put together on PoB later.

I expect it to reach 300k-400k easily.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on May 17, 2017, 2:41:43 PM
Do you have a link to your build tree? I'm curious why your damage numbers are so low.

I think Low-Life is definitely the way to go for this and the extra AOE on Divinarius is actually not needed at all.

I have a basic idea for a non-crit low-life lightning tendrils build using Agnerod West that I will put together on PoB later.

I expect it to reach 300k-400k easily.[/quote]

Would love to see you hitting 300-400k easily. Perhaps like you said the part Im missing is maybe the lowlife part and that can make a huge difference. I also dont know if you're using a 5-6 link as I'm currently only using a 5 link. I wont bother trying to link it though unless I can get 6 blues, I dont think empower is worth it unless I get a corrupted level 4 one. The extra AOE is most differently not needed, I can do a 2 minute video and show you the build is pretty legit its just the heavier tank bosses are a problem.
Video here, sorry its 6 minutes I lied :( but you can skip around. I didn't realize monsters were hex proof lol so I wasn't leeching life and I hit a reflect rare and was puzzled for a moment but its hard to think and talk :(

https://youtu.be/wnaYu2W_D8c
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:

Would love to see you hitting 300-400k easily. Perhaps like you said the part Im missing is maybe the lowlife part and that can make a huge difference. I also dont know if you're using a 5-6 link as I'm currently only using a 5 link. I wont bother trying to link it though unless I can get 6 blues, I dont think empower is worth it unless I get a corrupted level 4 one. The extra AOE is most differently not needed, I can do a 2 minute video and show you the build is pretty legit its just the heavier tank bosses are a problem.[/quote]

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/vffe1u83

355k without flasks. 560k+ with. Build can probably be min-maxed more for a bit more damage.
Fresh builds all day.
I like what you posted, I figured to get a bigger number output as well would be to go es but I didn't think of going lowlife. I wouldn't know how viable this would be still, but if the damage is 3x more than what I'm doing now then it has to be guardian viable. The only con to what you posted is that this build idea and items etc is a truly endgame build, meaning its very expensive and you need to build up to it and it wont be a starter build or it can be a starter build but will take time to accumulate the needed things. I would say its more of a con of what you have to do to make lightning tendrils viable more than a con of what you produced. I still believe Templar still might be the best bet for the critical option, and for the more defensive and flat damage option pick shadow.

**Edit** I checked my numbers again and see with what I have currently and me leveling up lightning tendrils to level 20 and getting a level 21 corrupted I'm 220k with a 6 link. Without the 6 link its 150k, so having that 6 link makes a huge difference. So I technically only have give or take 100k damage difference between what you have and what I have currently, but when you add the flasks you chose and what I'm using the gap is bigger.
Last edited by ZACHWILDCAT on May 19, 2017, 11:13:22 AM
"
DarthPwn wrote:

I usually play hardcore (although in the last leagues I was playing softcore to accumulate currency and buy items to my Grandmaster) so I did 2 versions of Trickster + MoM thinking in hardcore leagues.

The PoB show me that using 5L (LT + Critical Strikes + Added Lightning + Faster Casting + Lightn Pen), Wrath, Herald of Thunder, Divinarius, Rathpith Globe, Maligaro's Virtuosy I will have in level 100 59K damage using this tree.

Probably a Assassin version is much better than a Trickster version, but it will lose the Weave the Arcane that would have great synergy with MoM making more tank.

The other version is a Trickster using Doryani's Fist non crit, but the damage is less (54k) than this version, using this tree.

To both version I'm not considering frenzy charges, curses or shock.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on May 23, 2017, 9:57:34 PM
But the biggest issue isn't the DPS it's the abysmal area of effect on that spell.
"
dantven wrote:
But the biggest issue isn't the DPS it's the abysmal area of effect on that spell.

The AoE isn't even that bad with Conc Effect if you pick up the AoE nodes on the tree.

I've made an assassin version of this build that pulls extremely high DPS numbers. I was going to use it as a league starter for 3.0 but if the Vaal Pact / ES nerf stays in it's probably not going to be end-game viable.
Fresh builds all day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info