[2.6] Punching Bag of destruction: Beserker, Cheap!! CWDT 200k+ Tooltip dps overall, 8k life

Face tank Just about anything in the game.

I get hit, I hit myself, all to destroy everything around me.... and for really cheap. This build tooltips is over 200k. That coupled with Elemental Equilibrium, everything just melts. After Calculating, The effective DPS is over 450k. Hard to get accurate calculation because Elemental equilibrium changes so much.

This is my very first time posting a build, but looking for feedback also.
I made this build because I do not like playing POE economy. I can use this build to farm chaos and this build starts with only a handful of chaos.

Videos

1. T15 core map & theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOgKGFqHO48

2. Uber Izaro

https://youtu.be/CVl-LhXxfWY

3. Atziri deathless

https://youtu.be/bIzUw45WgXk

4. Shaped Colonnade Map T15

https://youtu.be/hPyEABe7po4

5. Hydra, got one shot, and died at end because nothing to leech from. but ill post it anyway. can be killed deathless.

https://youtu.be/ilR7MD_HczA

I want to give credit to the build where I got the idea from.
Hiltless Beserker ttps://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1685652

I played hiltless and really enjoyed the build and loved how cheap it was... So i got to thinking, how can I make this build as a caster and trigger many spells all the time. Thus i started this build, and it turns out it is really good for very little cost. The idea of the build is to trigger CWDT as many times as fast as we can and link whatever spells you want to them.

Gear/Mechanics
There are a few things we must do in this build for it to work.

We want to hurt ourselves so we can trigger "cloaked in Savagery" and also trigger our CWDT gems. So we need to hit ourselves for 15% of our HP total. If we can increase the mana cost of a spell to 300, then the helm we use will make us do damage to ourselves x 400% or 4 times the mana cost. 300 x 4 = 1200. Now if we have 8000 hp we have to make sure we hit ourselves for 15%. Multiply 8000 by .15 or 15% = 1200. ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS, the more health you have the more the mana cost must be.

1. Since we want to do damage to ourselves we will use Scold's

This item was nerfed in 2.6 so now this helm is super cheap 2-3 chaos but since it uses mana, now we have to increase the mana cost of the main spell.

2. Now that we can damage ourselves we need hit ourselves for 15% of our health to trigger cloaked in savagery (beserker skill) in order to leech 100% of the damage we deal (combined with vaal pact) instantly. So we use these
This will allow us to increase mana cost and spell damage at the same time.

3. Our wands will also increase mana cost to save us from having to use a 3rd fevered mind jewel.

and the great things about these wands.

a. They are super cheap - 1 alc each
b. They add chaos damage to every spell that we have equipped
c. They have very fast cast speed and the faster we cast, the faster we damage ourselves, and the faster we do damage

4. but now our mana cost is well over 300 per use, how are we going to sustain mana? with 2 items.

WARNING!!! Use this unique only as a last resort, if you can find corrupted jewelry, that will allow you to use rare boots.
a. damage taken gained as mana described in this unique. This unique skill can also be found on corrupted items. and this item only cost 1 alc. This skill really helps on bosses, because some bosses will hit for 5k damage, so we will instantly get back 300-500 mana depending the % of gained as mana. We will also get back roughly 100 mana on each cast because we will be hurting ourselves for about 1300 with each cast at higher levels. This particular unique item can have max roll of 10% damage taken gained as mana.

b. this amulet allows us to leech mana back very fast, and the amulet also gives run speed and cast speed as a bonus. and it only cost 1 alc. And we have mana leech in the berserker ascnedancy tree.

Skilltree/Mechanics

This build really shines because of Elemental Equilibrium, you will constantly be changing the enemies resist because of all the different spell damage you do. (Watch the Boss fight on T15 core map).

Bandits
Help Oak +40 life
Kill all
Kill all

Leveling tree to 65, Use 2H weapon and any melee skill you like.

To_65
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAALMBAwBXxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IABLM8LYPMtz7-CvJFOuGmV03j_o81kti9g1-aO4KbpwjYJDbFHwIEB4PbVcY6WEyzl5VSUz1fl_RtGSL0bAuTJ1M1UEKMNlVLYeImlRa_7TzVpuQiGmw26SSqFm_jap2uD6ski8M6e4yXeQmWOQ79MGoEaqUxnuFzwGbsODrYJy-QVRo4CPTAVGpDAAAAAAA=

At 65, respec all physical damage and melee damage nodes to this. Make sure to take Vaal pact, Elemental Equilibrium, and Elemental Overload. and make sure you have at least 2 jewel sockets for fevered mind.

at_level_65
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAALMBAwBXxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IABLM8LYPMtz7-CvJFOuGmV03j_o81kti9g1-aO4KbpwjYJDbFHwIEB4PbVcY6WEyzl5VSUz1fl_RtGSL0bAuTJ1M1UEKMNlVLYeImlRa_7TzVpuQiGmw26SSqFm_jap2uD6ski8M64XPsODrYJy-QVRo4Kjjr7prgRZ0c3LiTKPqYrVZIhXtmVFNSAAAAAAA=

At level 92, we take as much life and jewel sockets we can get to. We will have roughly 310% max life with Jewels.

Level_92
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAOkBAwByxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBH5FFnm64-xq4LYa9saPLwH6IABLM8LYPMtz7-CvJFOuGmV03j_o81kti9g1-aO4KbpwjYJDbFHwIEB4PbVcY6WEyzl5VSUz1fl_RtGSL0bAuTJ1M1UEKMNlVLYeImlRa_7TzVpuQiGmw26SSqFm_jap2uD6ski8M67Dg62CcvkFUaOCo46-6a4EWdHNy4kyj6mK1WSIV7ZlRTUo8aIuoyAbIZz3ph63pTbWw2PZ2qbIxirJu1hMXQH-_rvoqhLwj0wFRqQ7zqwGbhc--I-TfXz0mxAAAAAAA=

Cheap Jewels that we look for. Life and spell damage. If you have more currency the you can buy better. You will have 6 jewel sockets, so buy 4 jewels with 7% life and spell damage. The other 2 jewel sockets are for fevered mind.

Ascendancy

First 4 points = take Cloaked in Savagery
Second 4 points = take Aspect of Carnage

Other_gear

The other gear pieces we want will help cover the rest of the resist and life.

Body - Buy the cheapest 6L you can find that can easily craft at least 4 blue sockets. 5 blue sockets will also work. This should cost you about 20-30 Chaos. Use Deafening Essence of Greed to get a max life roll. If you get 1 good resist and 120 life then that is a good roll. Something like this

Gloves and boots

Go for Life and resist along with movement speed. The best gloves will be fingerless gloves for the extra spell damage. You can find good life and resist for 1 chaos each.

Belt

Life and Resist. Can be found for 1 chaos

Rings

Life and resist. Rarity is a bonus here.

Extra mana on any of these pieces is also a bonus. Most of this stuff except the chest piece can be found for 1-2 chaos.

Gems/Links

Chest piece - Magma orb > Spell Echo > Conc Effect > Elemental Focus > Slower Projectiles > for the 6th link either use Fire penetration or controlled destrction.
The reason for using slower projectiles is because with Magma Orb, the ball can actually hit a boss twice because they will bounce so close together.

Another good choice instead of Magma Orb is Glacial Cascade, it clears maps faster but is weaker on bosses due to having partly physical damage. If you use GC, dont use slower projectiles, and use controlled destruction and cold penetration instead.

4L - CWDT level 16, 3 damage spells around level 18

4L - CWDT level 16, 3 damage spells around level 18

4L - I use this for farming for chaos recipe and to get increase rarity drops
CWDT level 6, Item Rarity level 20, Culling strike level 20, Arc level 11. This helps on killing bosses and getting the extra rarity. It also helps because Arc will trigger ELE EQ cast every time you cast. This is why I keep it linked with low CWDT, I want it to trigger every time.

3L - CWDT level 16, Either elemental weakness or Enfeeble (better for higher level bosses) and another damage spell.

3L - Firestorm level 20, conc effect, spell echo. I do this because there a few times mana becomes a problem and i want to keep damage going while mana recovers. If this is ever a problem, make sure to cast your main spell to trigger the leech at least once every 4 seconds.

Here are the damage spells I use, you can use anything you want in its place.
Fireball, Glacial Cascade, Ice Nova, Enfeeble or Ele Weakenss, Vortext, Freezing Pulse, Arctic Breath, Ball Lightning, Shock Nova,
Just remember you must be aware of the CWDT gem and skill level, make sure the spell gems stay low enough to be triggered by CWDT.

Pros/Cons/Tips

Pros
Cheap
Any Map
Start mapping at level 65 with ease.
Really made for soloing, but works fine in groups.

Cons
I have not been able to kill the shaper, I am still testing other gear, just do not have much time to play.
Cannot run "cannot leech map"
You can kill yourself fast if you have nothing to leech from
Cannot run Ele reflect maps
Will die to mobs that leave bombs on the ground (because you will not see them until it is too late)

Tips
DO NOT use anything that will add elemental damage to your spells, will greatly hinder the damage output because of ELE EQ.

Screenshots

Damage in Town on main spell

Damage while playing

Defense, THEY SUCK, just make sure your resist are 75%

I will post more videos as I make them, I am new to editing and making videos.
I will also post If I can get a shaper kill.
Last edited by Ichthus on May 15, 2017, 3:33:14 PM
Last bumped on May 15, 2017, 12:14:07 AM
Thank you for this build i will try it :)

What do you think which Legendary Armour is good ?
Last edited by perling on May 8, 2017, 12:26:57 PM
Very interesting build.
I love poe for all those ideas that make powerful and fun build.
Last edited by KikitheKing on May 8, 2017, 3:28:04 PM
"
perling wrote:

I have tried belly of the beast 6L, and it only increased my HP by 200. was not worth the 4 exalts compared to just buying a cheap 6L and crafting life on it myself.

Here is some Alternative gear that I am trying for shaper

With this setup I can increase my HP to about 9.5k but my Magma orb goes from 100k to 70k, and I can also use cyclone with fortify with a staff. So I need to test this to see if this is shaper possible.

But for clearing maps up to T15, the dual wand is the best so far.
"
Ichthus wrote:
"
perling wrote:

I have tried belly of the beast 6L, and it only increased my HP by 200. was not worth the 4 exalts compared to just buying a cheap 6L and crafting life on it myself.

Here is some Alternative gear that I am trying for shaper

With this setup I can increase my HP to about 9.5k but my Magma orb goes from 100k to 70k, and I can also use cyclone with fortify with a staff. So I need to test this to see if this is shaper possible.

But for clearing maps up to T15, the dual wand is the best so far.

Okay thanks ^^ i like your build makes fun :D
more videos
hi!
my question is , which boots do you actually end up using ?
the unique boots or the rare resists\life boots ,and when?

thanks!
Streaming Every Day,

Twitch.tv/MosesPlays
Last edited by MosesPlays on May 13, 2017, 12:16:09 PM
"
hi!
my question is , which boots do you actually end up using ?
the unique boots or the rare resists\life boots ,and when?

thanks!

If you can find A corrupted item with Damage taken gained as mana that also has life, mainly jewelry. Use rare boots with life and resist

Sorry I made that confusing, The unique shoes are really only a last resort if you are having problems with mana. Ill fix it.
don't worry about it , thanks much for the quick response!
Streaming Every Day,

Twitch.tv/MosesPlays
Hydra kill uploaded.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info