Auction House - Update from China?

Could anyone who play in Chinese Server update us on how Path of Exile is doing with Auction House?

Where is the Auction House?
How are items retrieved?
Can players trade currencies through ingame Auction House?
Are the functions too limited that people still use 3rd party websites like poeapp?
Would be really nice if there's some youtube videos showing what it's like in English.
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2018, 2:06:57 AM
I haven't played it, but from what i heard it was quite basic. Couldn't search sockets and stuff like that. Sounds like, by itself,not so good. With poe trade, assuming buyouts, this might be what everyone is hoping for.

Pretty sure they are never bringing it over though, they seem to like the pseudo ah setup that requires you to waste 10 minutes msging 20 people till one finally responds. So dont get your hopes up.

"
Pretty sure they are never bringing it over though, they seem to like the pseudo ah setup that requires you to waste 10 minutes msging 20 people till one finally responds. So dont get your hopes up.

No pretty sure about it, it was stated that is not going to cross over, GGG don't want it, they have never wanted an auction house and they have said so multiple times.
They do realise that the current trade system is far from perfect, but it works and they are working on alternative methods (we already know some were dropped...like using the masters as a way to sell items)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 7, 2017, 5:52:13 AM
There's no auction house, there is only a ingame item listing sort of service, and everyone is complaining no poe.trade kind of website is a big big problem, it works like this, list something for a certain price, people search, message then initiate a trade request, the trade don't need two players in a same realm, they can trade wherever as long as both party is online, because there's no clear pricelist for items, you have lowballing and overpriced item all over the place, like early AH in D3, you even have people playing flipping all day, it's a real mess.

Tencent don't really value POE in China, they value GGG the studio more, GGG is one of their most important partnership to become a globalize gaming giant, and this function is more like Tencent asking GGG to do a demo of ingame trading system for future collaborations, it won't come to the main server, I mean seriously POE is a great game for us, but it doesn't pack that big a punch among all games, the garbage D3 still have a better recognition, .
Last edited by TravisL on May 7, 2017, 6:14:02 AM
"
TravisL wrote:
There's no auction house, there is only a ingame item listing sort of service, and everyone is complaining no poe.trade kind of website is a big big problem, it works like this, list something for a certain price, people search, message then initiate a trade request, the trade don't need two players in a same realm, they can trade wherever as long as both party is online, because there's no clear pricelist for items, you have lowballing and overpriced item all over the place, like early AH in D3, you even have people playing flipping all day, it's a real mess.

Tencent don't really value POE in China, they value GGG the studio more, GGG is one of their most important partnership to become a globalize gaming giant, and this function is more like Tencent asking GGG to do a demo of ingame trading system for future collaborations, it won't come to the main server, I mean seriously POE is a great game for us, but it doesn't pack that big a punch among all games, the garbage D3 still have a better recognition, .

Thank you.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"

No pretty sure about it, it was stated that is not going to cross over, GGG don't want it, they have never wanted an auction house and they have said so multiple times.

I thought latest word from Chris was they are testing it there to see how it behaves (Ziggy exclusive interview).
Why would they introduce it there if they have no plan of brining it over?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
They do realise that the current trade system is far from perfect, but it works and they are working on alternative methods (we already know some were dropped...like using the masters as a way to sell items)

I think that's the quote from very long time ago before they decided to expand to China.
"
BobHunter1 wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"

I thought latest word from Chris was they are testing it there to see how it behaves (Ziggy exclusive interview).
Why would they introduce it there if they have no plan of brining it over?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:

I think that's the quote from very long time ago before they decided to expand to China.

Maybe you are confusing a gifting mechanic for MTX as them meaning an auction house, they have never said (as far as i'm aware) that there will be any sort of auction house....if you've got a link to said interview lets see it.

And there are multiple "quotes" about them not doing an auction house https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1784435/page/1/#p13947948 just last year. and there is undoubtedly more since

Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 9, 2017, 3:47:02 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Maybe you are confusing a gifting mechanic for MTX as them meaning an auction house, they have never said (as far as i'm aware) that there will be any sort of auction house....if you've got a link to said interview lets see it.

And there are multiple "quotes" about them not doing an auction house https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1784435/page/1/#p13947948 just last year. and there is undoubtedly more since

Thank you for sharing the link.

Here is the latest interview from 2017 (https://youtu.be/a11NfvfTDUI?t=14m50s), "... the experiments continue on many fronts ... we have a different trading system on the Chinese realm, we're getting very valuable feedback from there ...". If you listen beyond the quotes here, it sounded like it can potentially be transferred over.

So I think these are all Trade Interviews?

2017-02: https://youtu.be/a11NfvfTDUI?t=14m50s

2016-12: https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=5m24s

2014-11: https://youtu.be/KmKcEkzSo0k?t=23m38s
The bit you are quoting, that dose not mention it coming...just that they are taking feed back and may use it in some way when/if they eventually update the trading system.

"
BobHunter1 wrote:
Could anyone who play in Chinese Server update us on how Path of Exile is doing with Auction House?

Its a trading house, basically asynchronous trade. At first players did not like it (as it was beta testing) but after adding functionality to browse by sockets, socket colours, item type, base item, links, and player online status, players like it. It uses a thing kind of like stash tabs. And recent additions where you have to refresh your page for your items to stay listed every 24hrs (free to refresh) has made things a lot better to prevent necro-listings.

You can also add a comment on your item that players can search for such as "high ele roll" etc. People place offers on your items and you can accept / deny offers.

"
BobHunter1 wrote:

How are items retrieved?

You just retrieve it.

"
BobHunter1 wrote:

YES! This is my favourite part about it, makes buying fusings, maps so convenient. Things that are not worth selling due to low value using poetrade on the international servers as the time it takes to contact, hideout and then trade is not worth the currency gain are being sold so easily, I can just accept offers while im mapping.

"
BobHunter1 wrote:

Are the functions too limited that people still use 3rd party websites like poeapp?

Its half and half, both have merits. There is no poetrade equivalent on the Chinese realms.
poetrade = good for rares and searching for exact mods
trading house = GREAT for high volumne, low value stuff + unique purchasing is so convenient

So yah both have pros and cons. But then again the trading house is pretty new so I guess they're still adding functionality on it.

Last edited by Forthwyns on May 9, 2017, 8:25:25 PM
"
Forthwyns wrote:
"
BobHunter1 wrote:

Its a trading house, basically asynchronous trade. At first players did not like it (as it was beta testing) but after adding functionality to browse by sockets, socket colours, item type, base item, links, and player online status, players like it. It uses a thing kind of like stash tabs. And recent additions where you have to refresh your page for your items to stay listed every 24hrs (free to refresh) has made things a lot better to prevent necro-listings.

You can also add a comment on your item that players can search for such as "high ele roll" etc. People place offers on your items and you can accept / deny offers.

"
BobHunter1 wrote:

How are items retrieved?

You just retrieve it.

"
BobHunter1 wrote:

YES! This is my favourite part about it, makes buying fusings, maps so convenient. Things that are not worth selling due to low value using poetrade on the international servers as the time it takes to contact, hideout and then trade is not worth the currency gain are being sold so easily, I can just accept offers while im mapping.

"
BobHunter1 wrote:

Its half and half, both have merits. There is no poetrade equivalent on the Chinese realms.
poetrade = good for rares and searching for exact mods
trading house = GREAT for high volumne, low value stuff + unique purchasing is so convenient

So yah both have pros and cons. But then again the trading house is pretty new so I guess they're still adding functionality on it.

Thank you so much for the update. It sounds like a very intuitive feature.

Can sellers price their items in the comments you mentioned, "high ele roll"?

Is the trading house accessed through notice board? or did they add another object in town for it?

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
BobHunter1 wrote:
Here is the latest interview from 2017 (https://youtu.be/a11NfvfTDUI?t=14m50s), "... the experiments continue on many fronts ... we have a different trading system on the Chinese realm, we're getting very valuable feedback from there ...". If you listen beyond the quotes here, it sounded like it can potentially be transferred over.

So I think these are all Trade Interviews?

2017-02: https://youtu.be/a11NfvfTDUI?t=14m50s

2016-12: https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=5m24s

2014-11: https://youtu.be/KmKcEkzSo0k?t=23m38s

The bit you are quoting, that dose not mention it coming...just that they are taking feed back and may use it in some way when/if they eventually update the trading system.

I agreed. It didn't mention the feature coming, but left room of that possibility open. I was under the impression that you thought they won't ever implement it on international server from earlier post here:

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info