deadeye not being played at all.

So everyone is talking about how nobody is playing scion anymore but isn't deadeye the least played class at the moment ? Is it really that bad ?
Last bumped on May 29, 2017, 6:46:29 AM
"
So everyone is talking about how nobody is playing scion anymore but isn't deadeye the least played class at the moment ? Is it really that bad ?

It's not that bad but if there was a clearly superior class why would you play the inferior one?

There is not enough build diversity for more than a handful of asc classes to be useful.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Technically, deadeye is not a class but an ascendency class which comes from Ranger. A lot of people still play ranger.

Scion on the other hand...
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Last edited by nononononono on May 5, 2017, 12:00:37 PM
Still a lot more Ascendants than Deadeyes out there. :p
"
tomay wrote:
Still a lot more Ascendants than Deadeyes out there. :p

Sorry but I don't believe that this is true. I still have a split arrow deadeye and the char is doing fine but I'm completely unable to imagine a scion build that doesn't suck. Imo scion is the worst class BY FAR atm.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Imho Deadeye is at least in a better place than juggernaut, whos main draw got replaced by a pair of boots this league.

Deadeye is going to be played once pierce is not the be-all-end-all support on projectile attacks, with the double dipping changes. When chain doesnt negatively double-dip with poison, guess what is going to be more important? More poisons on the target. = Max chain.

And lets not talk about ascendant, that class is completely overshadowed by everything.
I mean, it's no surprise that Deadeye isn't getting a ton of play.

When you've already committed to Ranger, why not go Pathfinder? Getting free poison/elemental damage/charges/flask effect when using Flasks, which are ridiculously strong anyway, is pretty good.

Its only downside is that it's kind of annoying to play, spamming 12345 every few seconds...

Perhaps it won't be so dominant when double dipping on poison isn't a thing... But it's still better flasks, which are still strong even when not giving free poison, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

It's not that bad but if there was a clearly superior class why would you play the inferior one?

There is not enough build diversity for more than a handful of asc classes to be useful.

inferior could be more fun that's a good reason to me xD altho i hate deadeye or any ranger ascendacies for that matter
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Cataca wrote:
Imho Deadeye is at least in a better place than juggernaut, whos main draw got replaced by a pair of boots this league.

This pair of boots gives you one-third of one of the Juggernaut's notables. I really don't understand why people are so down on Juggernauts for this, because Unstoppable is far better than Roots.

Kaom's Roots prevent Slow (TC, Chill, Freeze only), and have +0% Movespeed.
Unstoppable prevents Slow, prevents total Movespeed modifier from dropping below 0% (Tar, Darts, Hinder, Maim, all sorts of crap), +14% Movespeed.

Roots also come with the downside of having Unwavering Stance, which means you can't use Evasion to get more mileage out of Life/Armour. Whoops.
(but Ar/Ev are literally useless right so lol w/e)
I disagreed. I think Hierophant is the most least played ascendancy class because...the nodes don't make sense. ES scaled based on mana? you gotta collect shitload of mana to make more ES and...dmg penalty per totem? fuck that. Not to mention you only have to cast totems once in a while compared to casters who have to spam their main spells so mana in hierophant is moot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info