Damage Over Time Changes - More Information

So basically, the only way to deal non-ailment poison/bleed are going to be melee skills... I have a feeling that someones going to make a build based off of those two skills.
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
"
Achilion wrote:

Because I can.
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
"
How will Traps, Mines and Totems be affected by this change?
We'll be reverting the Trap and Mine Support multiplicative damage modifier to affect all damage caused by the skill, rather than only applying to hits. Modifiers to Trap, Mine, and Totem damage will still apply to Damage over Time caused by Traps, Mines and Totems, so we're going to be carefully reviewing how this will affect these builds during the Beta.

it all looked well untill then

guys, are you blind or something? you had TWO LEAGUES of posion bladefall mines/traps and you want this idiocy to happen again?

"well, we have crafter this first-in-the-genre life leech system that fixes what is inherently stupid in ARPGS. it prevents bruteforcing, it does not scale that well with damage etc.

oh, and we've added vaal pact if you do not like this creative stuff"

same game here. we've fixed double dipping

but not for traps/mines

is this for real?
GGG Please removemap mod:
20,40,60% less regen and no regen to REMOVE.
Monster Poison hit NERFED
Monster 100% chance hit ignite, NERFED.

Need REWORK:

Incinerate more dps, Not high mana problem. Nobody use. Added new Jewel Incinerate.
To GGG

What about the poison curse? Will it be a curse or a ailment?
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
How will Traps, Mines and Totems be affected by this change?
We'll be reverting the Trap and Mine Support multiplicative damage modifier to affect all damage caused by the skill, rather than only applying to hits. Modifiers to Trap, Mine, and Totem damage will still apply to Damage over Time caused by Traps, Mines and Totems, so we're going to be carefully reviewing how this will affect these builds during the Beta.

it all looked well untill then

guys, are you blind or something? you had TWO LEAGUES of posion bladefall mines/traps and you want this idiocy to happen again?

"well, we have crafter this first-in-the-genre life leech system that fixes what is inherently stupid in ARPGS. it prevents bruteforcing, it does not scale that well with damage etc.

oh, and we've added vaal pact if you do not like this creative stuff"

same game here. we've fixed double dipping

but not for traps/mines

is this for real?

are you blind or what? that thing was so powerful 'couse of doubledipping - more mine dmg at first increased dmg from hit, that indirectly increased dmg from poison, and then also directly increased dmg of poison, and this changes effectivly remove the whole problem, and the new MORE DMG on traps and mines will separately increase dmg of hits and dots. without changing TRAP/MINE DMG to just DMG any dot build with traps/mines just would be useless, 'couse you will lose that multiplier form support gem

if this trap/mine-poison-bladefall thing will have it place again, it wont be 'couse of dot dmg changes
Great bit of extra information! I'm excited to see the emberwake and Ash changes, also good to see the trap mechanics changed up a bit but i do hope its not too much help for traps/mines. I like to play them but dont want them to be too strong ya know?

As a bladefall poison trapper I am sad to see that the handful of physical damage spells won't be able to cause bleeding as bladefall, Eth knives, Blade Vortex and Glacial Cascade all FEEL like they should be able to make targets bleed. Hmm... but Shockwave doesn't feel like that... maybe you break your leg from the quake?

Maybe a jewel of some kind could help with this? Physical damage from non-totem sources has a 10% chance to bleed? then add some phys damage as an implicit...

Either way, i'm excited for the changes. Glad to see you clarifying your position and the specifics to the haters. The challenge of making even more new builds for 3.0 is gonna be great, bring it on!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
it will be rebalanced

I play this game for like 5 years now. Why my experience says me to read this "nerfed to unusability"?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Thank you for the detailed information on some of the skills I was thinking about since the last two DoT manifesto posts were made.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on May 4, 2017, 12:49:24 AM
will you ever change blood lust gem, it seems so crappy its like putting cannot inflict poison on a gem like void manipulation
Dayman.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info