Dual Curse Crit Staff Ancestral Warchief Totem Champion

Welcome to my first build guide for a crit staff totem duelist!

I play on Mac, that means a lot more lagging and horrible framerate. Often the screen just freezes and my characters are dead the next instant. Therefore I rely mostly on totem skills, so when the dust settles and the screams of my enemies fades and the next frame slowly dawns, I remain victorious.

Why this build?

This build is a derivation of the Hegemony's Era Juggernaut https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1756566 build by Zukage.

I have a level 80+ warchief crit juggernaut with roughly the same equipment, which is less tanky and crits less than my lvl 72 champion.

Pros:

- This build is very tanky and viable, and doesn't take much to be effective. The virtues of the Champion ascendancy is all about survivability and damage. It's a match made in heaven.

- No issues with mana, intelligence or dexterity.

- able to dual curse and effectively use curses both offensively and defensively.

- Always fortified - no need to link the skill

- Merciless Lab is a breeze, Argus and Izaro stand no chance.

Cons:

- Not the cheapest

-

This build is fully viable and functional at level 72:

Current lvl 72 Skilltree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBLMIsQmWC2ETcRQgFewaOBo-Jy8qEzLRNsU5DjwFPC0-8T_8QXJFR0WOR35OrlBHWK5Y5VnzWitepV8_ZU1mnmebaPJyD3Kpd-N5aHvUg1-DzIPzhJSE2YdqiXGK8I9GkFWSfZMHl3mYb5tRogCj8qcIqW6plKyqrhKuPq9ssTa3PrkduUO8mr02vqfAZsEExBXEgsS4xPbGrslnypDV-Ngk2L3cI-RR5c_oZulG6-7sXO8O73zwH_Iv9zL7i_4K?accountName=Viwaldi&characterName=Caustichameleon

Theoretical lvl 100 skill tree:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQs0AACDuR0B3ITvouoS4ZLQXhMhVSz7iiInINw9B3XApu9OYVLFU9wySHgFPHfjqW55aD_86GYIscEEXz8UIO8OGj7yL1BH5FFnm64-xq7E9nKp9zKSfdwjmG_lz6yqWfNyD2aeWOUqE1oro_ILYa9saPLAZjwF73xFRzLR6-6nCNgkNsWD806usTauEo9GXqVFjvuLWK4TcTwtg8y3Pv4K8kU64di9NZKmV03j_o8-8blDkwfJZ7yam1FBcpd5CZY5DoTZypAV7Irw6UaplIdqkGypJ_AfogAEs4Nfa9k0joY7_TCIjxrkaqX2SIzPPfxYY8bYidhoWNeW7FyElIlxe9SqzWvUYhcslAAAAAAA

Ascendancies:

Spoiler

Unstoppable Hero - Fortitude - First to strike, Last to Fall - Inspirational

Bandits:

Spoiler
Oak - Oak - Kill 'em All

Links:

Spoiler

6l: (Staff or Chest) Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Melee Phys - Melee damage on full life - Increased Critical Strike - Critical Multiplier

Head: Heretics veil with Temporal Chains + Assassins Marks - Cast When Damage Taken - Summon Ice Golem.

You don't need heretics veil, but it's a wonderful helm to use in this context and also provide good & balanced defence/offense.

Cast When Damage Taken - Molten Shell - Increased Duration

You will notice there is no Immortal Call - Feel free to use it where ever you want, I just don't like to spam Enduring Cries all the time, I like the build to be automated.

Gear:

Spoiler

Head: Heretics Veil

You don't need it, but it provides tons of defense and offense, and it look really outlandishly wicked.

Chest: Belly of The Beast

Everything we need - + max life, resistances, increased flask use, huge armor.

Weapon: Hegemony's Era or other high crit high damage staff, prefferably with Vagan enchantment.

Boots: Windscream

We need this in order to fully utilize dual curses from Heretics' Veil. It has nice resistance, movement speed and armour bonuses.

Gloves: Maligaro's Virtuosity

I Believe Atziri's Acuity is better, so feel free to provide me with these gloves any time :D

Thank you for reading. I strongly appreciate your feedback. Good luck and keep exilin'.
Last edited by Viwaldi on May 1, 2017, 3:56:44 AM
Last bumped on May 4, 2017, 12:07:47 PM
Hi

Could you post Screens of your Offence and Defence Panels?

Your life from tree is 113% which is very low, you say it's tanky i can't imagine you have over 4k tanky would be closer to 7.5k. Also how effective is your curses without any effectiveness and with the aoe nerf how well does the blasphemy range fair?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info