Ty for warm wishes... Please feel to share your stories.

Lost someone to cancer, please share your story/. What were the first signs? I had a friend who's dog kept smelling her chest. Turned out she had lung cancer.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on May 8, 2017, 12:56:23 PM
Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 9:33:32 PM
Part of me wants this to be "yet another solwitch thread", but if it's true I'm very sorry to hear about it.

I sat with my mom when she was going through treatment for lung cancer, it was pretty rough. Just don't be afraid to talk to other patients, in my experience they can be a very strong emotional support for you while you're going through this. Just talking about it with someone who "gets it" can be comforting when times are bad.

Stay strong!

Spoiler
http://www.cancercenter.com/ is where she got her treatment, look them up if you feel you aren't getting the right treatment or just for extra info. Hate to sound like a shill for them but they do great things.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
Part of me wants this to be "yet another solwitch thread", but if it's true I'm very sorry to hear about it.

I sat with my mom when she was going through treatment for lung cancer, it was pretty rough. Just don't be afraid to talk to other patients, in my experience they can be a very strong emotional support for you while you're going through this. Just talking about it with someone who "gets it" can be comforting when times are bad.

Stay strong!

Spoiler
http://www.cancercenter.com/ is where she got her treatment, look them up if you feel you aren't getting the right treatment or just for extra info. Hate to sound like a shill for them but they do great things.

Thanks for sharing, I'm a bit traumatized. It's pretty fucking surreal... Like a movie. To be quite honest I don't really care for myself, i mean I'm not hating on me...my personality is just that... A hard ass. But that went through the window when I see a young kid next to me in a room filled with others suffering.

This liquid sucks ass, imagine a hangover... ten times. Ugh anyways... My condolences.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Stay strong man, most of the fight is mental, no bullshit, always be on the on the mindset that everything will be fine and youll recover.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
On a positive note, I will be seeing the Grand Canyon. Not sure what's sooo alluring about it, but I'll be damed if I let this shit keep me from visiting. I promise I'll take pics when I get there.

I challenge everyone to do something a little crazy... If I post my Grand Canyon pic y'all better do something cool.

Edit: My mom doesn't know, I'm keeping it from her... Today she saw me cut my hair, she asked why... I said, "it's Florida it's too hot ." She looked at me, shit I think she knows something is up... Moms know best. I'll keep it from her, not sure how long I can. She said to me, "You working out you look leaner."

Of course I lied, "yep trying this new protein diet."

She gave me a stare lol... Sg=he ain't stupid... But then again, I'll save her the heartache.

Last edited by solwitch on Apr 30, 2017, 7:08:51 AM
Don't worry Solwitch, as the time will pass you will find yourself filled with an inner strenght that you had not even suspected you had in you. It will gets harder, but you will get stronger and cope with this and beat it.

You got this Sol you're a badass, YOU'RE the one who knock.

Spoiler
"
solwitch wrote:
This liquid sucks ass, imagine a hangover...

Pray you don't get the "chemo farts". During my moms treatment they had us stay at a hotel owned by the hospital, for cancer patients and their families only, and our neighbor had such bad gas from his chemo he would walk the halls to fart. He said it was so bad he couldn't stand to be in his room to relieve himself. Hotel staff went door to door checking everyones toilets to see if there was a backup in the septic system it was so bad. xD

"
solwitch wrote:
My condolences.

Thanks but she's doing good, going on 6 years since her treatment! It's why I gave that link, she had a very aggressive lung cancer, Adenocarcinoma stage 3b, and they kicked it's ass!

"
VictorDoom wrote:
Stay strong man, most of the fight is mental, no bullshit, always be on the on the mindset that everything will be fine and youll recover.

It's amazing how true this is!

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Yup turned out to be another fib.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on May 8, 2017, 3:37:45 PM
first aids now cancer wonder what the next one will be, ebola mb?
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
This liquid sucks ass, imagine a hangover...

Pray you don't get the "chemo farts". During my moms treatment they had us stay at a hotel owned by the hospital, for cancer patients and their families only, and our neighbor had such bad gas from his chemo he would walk the halls to fart. He said it was so bad he couldn't stand to be in his room to relieve himself. Hotel staff went door to door checking everyones toilets to see if there was a backup in the septic system it was so bad. xD

"
solwitch wrote:
My condolences.

Thanks but she's doing good, going on 6 years since her treatment! It's why I gave that link, she had a very aggressive lung cancer, Adenocarcinoma stage 3b, and they kicked it's ass!

"
VictorDoom wrote:

It's amazing how true this is!

My brother had breast cancer in remission now. I took him to all his appointments, was there when the doctor came to the room to give him the news. They had to remove his entire chest muscle.

It's interesting how the body tries to warn you. I found out by taking an hiv test... The lady swabbed me in an hour or so the results came back. Was inconclusive. So I was pissed, but when I went to take a special rna test came back negative. I have to take the test again, what I have is mostly caused by the HIV virus, my doctor was very thorough.

People are under the impression the virus directly hurts you, it does but people pass from the cancers you develop from having a suppressed immune system.

My lymph nodes under my armpits and neck solid, feel like Little Rock's. Anyways that dry cough that I ignored, the sniffles I had thinking it was allergies was my body telling me something is wrong. If it wasn't for my night excursion I would still be ignoring my body. Don't ignore that cough people...

-cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info