[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

deleted
Last edited by snql on Sep 21, 2017, 1:08:49 PM
Would a crit version of this build change the tree significantly? I have the funds to make it work and I kind of want to go hard on the damage with Abyssus.
OK girls and boys...

I believe I have finally completed my quest!!

And although I am sure if I kept at it I could optimize it even more, I feel what you are about to see is a beautiful culmination to all the work I've put into the build.

This is what you would call the "non-budget end-game final version"...

The build now uses a double-curse setup (vulnerability|punishment) with a corrupted amulet, and corrupted gloves. I have also switched to "Damage on Full Life" as it's a considerable DPS boost and in end-game testing it has shown to be quite reliable, due to our massive life leech. I've also switched totem to Ancestral Protector for another respectable DPS boost, and added several Enhance/Empower gems into the mix.

Besides that, the most important change is that I have gone beyond just Blade Flurry and selected 2 additional skills that I found in testing work the best and with the fewest changes from one to the other. Meaning that you can now just carry the gems and swap between the following skills as you please:

Blade Flurry
Cyclone
Reave

I have used all three to clear T16 maps, each with it's own advantages/disadvantages/quirks.

In the PoB export below you will find those 3 skills linked in 2 different formats:

1) Max single-target DPS
2) Mapping

I have also added the various "item sets" that go along with the skill combinations:

1) Blade Flurry: Max single-target DPS
2) Blade Flurry: Mapping
3) Cyclone: Max single-target DPS
4) Cyclone: Mapping
5) Reave: Max single-target DPS
6) Reave: Mapping
7) Any Skill: Uber Lab Runner

So... Without further ado

Submitted for your approval:

-::- The Ultimate Expression - ScourgeFlurryCycloneReave -::-

https://pastebin.com/r6fdZstV

Last edited by corosou on Sep 21, 2017, 7:43:16 PM
looking forward to checking those pastes.

I dabbled briefly today in PoB with molten strike.
Since the tree barely has any melee damage nodes, it looks like around 6 points to respec and pickup iron grip, point blank and fury bolts.
didnt spend much time but i think ill respec a bit and test it. mostly just see how it bosses for the hell of it.
Hi!

Is there a preferred order for the ascendancy or it doesn't matter?

Thanks! :)
most go aspect of carnage then cloaked in savagery. maybe reverse that if HC.

Also, wtf is up with scourge prices?? up 244% the past week.
"
wenlock wrote:
looking forward to checking those pastes.

I dabbled briefly today in PoB with molten strike.
Since the tree barely has any melee damage nodes, it looks like around 6 points to respec and pickup iron grip, point blank and fury bolts.
didnt spend much time but i think ill respec a bit and test it. mostly just see how it bosses for the hell of it.

Cool cool, it's only 1 paste with all the info you need, though. I made it using the "item sets" feature of PoB.

I was looking at the same thing messing with ngamahu's for cyclone. Looks doable, just losing the crazy leech..
Quick video update...

Since I haven't shown what Reave looks like:

Youtube: ScourgeReave - T15 Beachhead (Boss Fight)
So i took your latest paste and ran it with molten strike.
5.5mil dps assuming all projectiles hit.
3.2mil on shaper.

only gear changed was made the curse on hit gloves into elemental weakness &
changed two damage jewels to wildfire threshold jewels. and replaced lions roar with dying sun.

it losses leach because of the conversion but pretty sure it shouldn't even matter.

i think i respeced 7 points. https://pastebin.com/hSDZWNkE

Anyways, just another option.
Last edited by wenlock on Sep 21, 2017, 11:46:31 PM
"
wenlock wrote:
So i took your latest paste and ran it with molten strike.
5.5mil dps assuming all projectiles hit.
3.2mil on shaper.

only gear changed was made the curse on hit gloves into elemental weakness &
changed two damage jewels to wildfire threshold jewels. and replaced lions roar with dying sun.

it losses leach because of the conversion but pretty sure it shouldn't even matter.

i think i respeced 7 points. https://pastebin.com/hSDZWNkE

Anyways, just another option.

Dope! Looks fun :) Thanks for sharing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info