Nineties Nostalgia

Story:

My brother and I left home pretty early, both entering the military as soon as we could - and never came back home. During the time my brother joined the Navy and myself already being in the Army, my parents decided to divorce.

For awhile my brother and I have tried tracking down a lot of our childhood property - but most of it was shuffled around between my parents, their homes and other family members - and hadn't really been successful in getting answers to its whereabouts.

Last night my mother showed up at my house unexpected with crates full of stuff she had found of ours tucked away in her old home's attic.

Below are pictures of my (finally! - I'm so excited) re-acquaintance with "some" of my childhood memories. I'm still missing a LOT of stuff. Including two Atari 2600 systems, a Virtual Boy, a dozen or so gameboy systems, a Sega Genesis, my entire MtG collection :( , and hundreds of games between PS1, PS2, SNES and NES. There's probably a good likelihood I'll never see it again :/

Either way, maybe it will re-trigger some memories for you guys!

Last edited by Elynole on Apr 28, 2017, 11:23:06 PM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2017, 1:40:52 PM
Might think about pricing those Pokemon cards on e-Bay. Original issue in good condition can command stupidly high prices, from what I've heard. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Best board game ever!

Best RPG ever made

My most nostalgics moments

Anyone remember Sabin doing a Suplex to a train?

I spent the 90s either playing outside with other kids or playing this at home.

I fucking lived in that game. It didn't help that when I had 117 out of 120 stars collected, my brother deleted my save so I had to do it all over again lol.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Most of my spare time was spent mudding though: http://www.mudconnect.com/top10.html
Tried to get back into MUD yesterday actually, sadly there arent very many other players.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Apr 29, 2017, 9:08:18 AM
Pure blood PC master race here

After communism got rekt, there were a few years of lawlessness left and you could actually buy pirated software in computer stores. And pirates would advertise their services in newspapers. Wolfenstein 3D was my first 'legal' game :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I was born in 1996 so no memory of that Wii was my first console and SuperMario Galaxy was the game i played the most. Sadly I dont save anything. Well not really sad I'm not into nostalgia. I have a 6 month rule - anything I dont use for 6 month I trash no matter value. It's utility is zero to me. Hate clutter. Have no games, cards,trophies, toys or even my HS yearbook anymore from childhood.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 29, 2017, 9:37:26 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Might think about pricing those Pokemon cards on e-Bay. Original issue in good condition can command stupidly high prices, from what I've heard. =^[.]^=

Yeah, I'm going to go through and price all of this for my own curiosity, not sure if I'll sell anything yet though. My brother and I both got heavily into everything Pokemon as soon as it hit the US market, so I know there's a good amount of original/1st editions in there.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I was born in 1996 so no memory of that Wii was my first console and SuperMario Galaxy was the game i played the most. Sadly I dont save anything. Well not really sad I'm not into nostalgia. I have a 6 month rule - anything I dont use for 6 month I trash no matter value. It's utility is zero to me. Hate clutter. Have no games, cards,trophies, toys or even my HS yearbook anymore from childhood.

Wtf :<

That's kind of depressing right?

I recently went to my parent's house and found my old Game Boy Color (still works!) and a few pokemon/MTG cards here and there
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to go through and price all of this for my own curiosity, not sure if I'll sell anything yet though. My brother and I both got heavily into everything Pokemon as soon as it hit the US market, so I know there's a good amount of original/1st editions in there.

I ran a game store late '90s, early '00s. I was the neighborhood Poke-pusher. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info